Retro_Panda
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Retro_Panda
Retro_Panda

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-04-09

7th Doctor & His Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: 7th Doctor & His Tardis...   7th Doctor & His Tardis... EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:12 am

I have been watching the complete run of Sylvester McCoy episodes that have thus far been released on DVD, and I don't think there was ever a scene of the interior of the Tardis..? Strange....
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor & His Tardis...   7th Doctor & His Tardis... EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:18 am

I think the console room set got damaged in some way during his second season. I know several of them aren't out on DVD but from memory it was seen in Time and the Rani, Delta and the Bannermen, Dragonfire, Greatest Show in the Galaxy, and a dimly lit "half" set in Battlefield.
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor & His Tardis...   7th Doctor & His Tardis... EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:47 am

The Battlefield set was just the console and a sheet with roundels printed on it. You can see where it is wavy from being hung.

But yeah exila is right is was in a few stories before it was damanged
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor & His Tardis...   7th Doctor & His Tardis... EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:11 am

Battlefield was, in fact, the last time we were inside the TARDIS until the TVM. And like Solo said, it was just the console and a backdrop.
Back to top Go down
Retro_Panda
Retro_Panda

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor & His Tardis...   7th Doctor & His Tardis... EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:54 am

Do we know how it got damaged, and was it budget constraints that prevented them from rebuilding it?

So was the 7th doctors tardis room the same as the the 5th/6th doctors standard room?
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor & His Tardis...   7th Doctor & His Tardis... EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 pm

I'm pretty sure the 7th Doctor's console room was the same with some minor changes particularly to the console. As mentioned previously, the big changes didn't occur until the TVM. I seem to recall a time when I read that the people behind the classic series wanted to phase out either the console room or the TARDIS completely. I could be mixing this memory up with the rumours that they wanted to change the TARDIS from the police box to something else.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: 7th Doctor & His Tardis...   7th Doctor & His Tardis... EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:19 pm

I think it was damaged from general wear and tear due to use and storage. Those walls had been around for quite a while, and had taken a beating. With everything they had to deal with, the expense of replacing them probably didn't seem to be a wise investment.
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/

7th Doctor & His Tardis...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: