Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

13th Doctor Tardis Interior Empty
PostSubject: 13th Doctor Tardis Interior   13th Doctor Tardis Interior EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 2:21 pm

Sooo, totally saw the leaked Tardis Interior for Jodie's first season... It is dramatically different than the way in which I thought they were going. Looks like a mix between 9's interior, 13's Sonic Screwdriver, Superman's Arctic hideaway, and something from a "up all night" movie special hosted by Gilbert Godfrey. Lots of Crystal structural beams, the walls consists of large roundels with hexagonal and spoked designs reminiscent of the 4th Doctor's presidential layered gear room. Lot's of grey steel. The console looks Like 9's shape. It wasn't lit and slightly blurry so I can't decide if I like it or not. Could go either way. I did not post a photo but you can find it easy on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Ben C.
Ben C.

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2014-07-24

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor Tardis Interior   13th Doctor Tardis Interior EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 6:35 pm

The hard, studio lighting actually made the photo look like an 80's Who set. I've commented on this on other forums, but while it's new and different, it actually made me think of Doctor Who (even if from 30-40 years ago). I think the last console room was fantastic, but I also know change is necessary to some degree so everything isn't stagnant rehashing. The console and pillar space reminds me of the 8th's in terms of the 'encapsulated' nature of the space, but it is it's own thing for sure. I did some lighting tweaks to give a warm orange glow to the crystalline structures and it's something that could definitely grow on me. A lot of those Fortress of Solitude comments I think come from the fact that the crystals will be internally lit, and with this stark set-shot, they just look like ice because they appear white under the studio lights without the internals on.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: 13th Doctor Tardis Interior   13th Doctor Tardis Interior EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 12:22 am

I'm not a big fan of the new set design.  But I'm also of the opinion that they should have saved themselves a lot of money and redressed the 11-12 set, and get more mileage out of it.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who really liked that one.

They should concentrate more on casting choices and scripts than the console room set.

Here's the set with a photshop tweak that someone did to show a possible "finished" look that the set might have.

https://www.deviantart.com/time-lord-rassilon/art/Official-13th-Doctor-s-TARDIS-Interior-758722839
Back to top Go down

13th Doctor Tardis Interior
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: