Lois Lane
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Lois Lane
Lois Lane

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Torchwood coming to BBC America! Empty
PostSubject: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 1:15 pm

[url]http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/23/anglophenia.jsp?bc_id=164[url][/url]
Back to top Go down
rsnation

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 5:59 pm

Yippee - even though the link you gave didn't work for me - I get the idea.
Back to top Go down
englishrose
englishrose

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 9:36 pm

Finally BBC America is proving its worth and avoiding prosecution under the Trades Description Act by showing something other than "Whose Line is it Anyway" and British "reality" shows.
"Torchwood" is a complex psychological drama dealing with the vast spectrum of human emotion and choice.
They need more programming with cast members of Doctor Who to show off their versatility. ie, David Tennant, Billie Piper, John Barrowman, et al.
Back to top Go down
rsnation

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 11:39 pm

Finally made it over to Outpost Gallifrey and read the news myself. I agree - so tired of "Whose Line Is It Anyway"! Wonder if we can find any start dates. I've been assuming they'd be showing Season 2 Who once they were done with the run of Robin Hood.

Also very pleased to see Life On Mars will be back.
Back to top Go down
Lois Lane
Lois Lane

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2007 11:46 am

Sorry the link didn't work. My bad! :-)

Still, exciting news. Personally though, I like Whose Line Is It Anyway....at least I did the first 8,000 times Comedy Central ran those episodes before BBC America picked up the show. LOL.

Very pleased they'll be showing MI-5, which I caught a few times when A&E ran it. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2007 2:39 pm

englishrose wrote:
Finally BBC America is proving its worth and avoiding prosecution under the Trades Description Act by showing something other than "Whose Line is it Anyway" and British "reality" shows.

The failure to show more that five programmes repeated endlessly is one of the main reasons we don't pay to get BBCAmerica.

When I check their schedule and see that they are doing a full roster of shows, I'll subscribe. I get more variety of BBC programming from PBS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
work4dvd
work4dvd

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2007 8:29 pm

I wonder how much will be edited from Torchwood in the US...

Spooks/MI-5 runs nearly 60 minutes on BBC, but 42 or so on A&E. However, not only do they edit for time for commercials, but US stations (whether A&E or BBC America) edit for content too. I refuse to watch edited shows.

I'll check out BBC America occassionally if I have interest in a particular show, but I'll rent or buy the DVDs instead due to the cuts.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyFri May 25, 2007 12:06 am

Anyone seen any update on this? I couldn't find anything on the link or bbc sight uk or us noting it. Sad[/img]
Back to top Go down
TardisCompanion

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 4:07 pm

I hope BBC AMerica does really pick up Torchwood. The stories have been excellent. I hate to say it but the stories have been rivaling the new Doctor Who stories. Some editor needs to look out for us older generation of Who readers....and raise the level of the intellect required to read the stories...... :doc2:
Back to top Go down
bkallans
bkallans

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 9:06 am

Love Torchwood, cannot wait till Jan for the new episodes....
Of course all the "Naughty" bits will probably be hacked out of the US version.
Listened to one of the Audio books "Another Life", nice replacement till the show returns, hope they make more besides the 3 available.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyTue Jul 03, 2007 4:51 pm

Here's the link listed above, it should work...

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/23/anglophenia.jsp?bc_id=164

If it doesn't here's the blurb on the night it should be on...

Quote :
Supernatural Saturday enters a world of science fiction and paranormal events where nothing is what it seems. In a BBC AMERICA co-production, James Nesbitt (Murphy's Law, Bloody Sunday) stars as Jekyll in a modern re-telling of the classic tale of scientific misadventure. And from the creators of Doctor Who, spin-off series Torchwood, follows a team of modern day investigators as they use sci-fi technology to solve crimes in both alien and human worlds. Returning series include all-new seasons of time-travelling Life on Mars, spine-chilling Hex and sci-fi favorite Doctor Who.

BBCAmerica has begun running teaser promo's that list Torchwood's US premiere as Saturday September 8 at 8PM Eastern. Apparently they'll also be running the 2nd season of Doctor Who as well. And for anyone else like me longing for current news about Torchwood...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a63957/torchwood-ignites-terrorist-fear-in-cardiff.html

Quote :
The filming of an explosive scene for the latest series of Torchwood reportedly sparked fears that a terrorist attack had taken place in Cardiff.

According to The Sun, the BBC had warned police in advance that a detonation would take place in a disused building near to the Millennium Stadium, but the news had not filtered through to many of the public in the city centre, wary after the recent attacks on Glasgow and London.

A production member of the Doctor Who spin off, which will be screened on BBC Two earlier next year, told the tabloid: "The filming was planned many weeks ago before the recent terrorist incidents. We had informed neighbouring businesses but could not tell everyone who might be in the city centre. We apologise if anyone was frightened."

Edited to add start date. cheers
Back to top Go down
Doctor Xombie
Doctor Xombie

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 11:51 pm

September Smile
Amazing show... and yes I think season 1 of Torchwood was better than season 2 of WHO.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.DOCTORXOMBIE.com
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 1:39 pm

work4dvd wrote:
I wonder how much will be edited from Torchwood in the US...

Spooks/MI-5 runs nearly 60 minutes on BBC, but 42 or so on A&E. However, not only do they edit for time for commercials, but US stations (whether A&E or BBC America) edit for content too. I refuse to watch edited shows.

I'll check out BBC America occassionally if I have interest in a particular show, but I'll rent or buy the DVDs instead due to the cuts.

I did read that they will be edited for length, down to something like 45 minutes, more or less.
Back to top Go down
rsnation

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 1:17 pm

BBC America definitely edits. It's almost a game to figure out what they took out of each episode of Dr. Who (I play the same game with Life on Mars). I can't imagine how they're going to get away with airing many of the Torchwood episodes based on content alone.
Back to top Go down
rplath

Number of posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 10:15 pm

I'm told that the complete series of Torchwood will be released on DVD in January of 2008. Hope this is true!
Back to top Go down
Doctor Xombie
Doctor Xombie

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 3:34 am

rplath wrote:
I'm told that the complete series of Torchwood will be released on DVD in January of 2008. Hope this is true!

Yep.
January 8, 2008
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 10:58 am

How can they already be planning a DVD for Torchwood but have nothing for Life on Mars?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Tuf
Tuf

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 11:52 am

tvshowsondvd.com is saying that the 1/8/08 date is wrong, and that the dvd is expected later in the year.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Xombie
Doctor Xombie

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 12:34 pm

Tuf wrote:
tvshowsondvd.com is saying that the 1/8/08 date is wrong, and that the dvd is expected later in the year.
Boy they need to make up their minds. Razz
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood coming to BBC America!   Torchwood coming to BBC America! EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 11:20 am

Looks like the date was right...

Torchwood DVD Extras Sneaked
Quote :
The first-season DVD of the BBC's Doctor Who spinoff series, Torchwood, streets on Jan. 8, 2008, and will include 10 behind-the-scenes featurettes on seven discs.

The show, which will also premiere in the United States on Sept. 8 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on BBC America, stars John Barrowman as Capt. Jack Harkness, the leader of a top-secret team of British agents who investigate the unknown and fight the impossible, using scavenged alien technology.

The bonus features include the featurettes "Welcome to Torchwood"; "Torchwood on the Scene"; "Torchwood Out of This World"; "Torchwood Sex, Violence, Blood and Gore"; "Torchwood on the Road"; "The Team and Their Troubles"; "Torchwood: Moments in the Making"; "The Captain's Log"; "Torchwood on Time"; and "Torchwood Declassified." The DVD will also feature deleted scenes, audio commentary on all 13 first-season episodes and outtakes.

Torchwood: The Complete First Season will carry a suggested retail price of $79.98 in the United States.

The third-season DVD set for Doctor Who, meanwhile, will street on Nov. 6.

The six-disc set will include the featurettes "Freema Agyeman Tour of the Studio" and "David Tennant's Video Diaries," outtakes, deleted scenes, video of the first rehearsal of the season's finale and audio commentaries. The DVD set will also include an easter egg of the Doctor's message from the episode "Blink." The set will carry a suggested retail price of $99.98.
Back to top Go down

Torchwood coming to BBC America!
Page 1 of 1