Go down 
+2
mysterylad
CrochetOwl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD Empty
PostSubject: Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD   Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 11:04 pm

I just got word that 2 Entertain has decided not to pursue a US release of the Blakes 7 series to DVD.

It isnt from lack of trying on some peoples parts. I was able to get the first six VHS's last week, it still has a place in my heart.

Wanted to pass that on to my fellow Blake fans
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD   Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 1:14 pm

It's a shame but luckily I was able to get the entire series on R2 some time ago (my old tapes were getting bad at that point). It just seems like pot luck at times with where you are able to gets a lot of series. Take for example Silent Witness. Two series were released only in the UK but they are now up to series 6 via a Netherlands distributor (which is where I'm getting them from).
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD   Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 3:58 pm

Drat! That's really annoying.

That said, I've been kicking around the idea of getting a multi-region DVD player anyway, since there are a few R2 discs I'd like to have (the DWTVM, for one). I guess this is just one more reason to just do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD   Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:32 pm

I am glad to have the whole series on VHS. About 15 of the copies were completely sealed as well but I didn't want to shell out extra cash for used copies so...

P.S. - I think I like Tarrant better than Blake. bom
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD   Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 12:34 am

I also ordered all four series of B7 brand new as region 2 sets, and haven't regretted it - especially not the limited edition series 3 set with the replica of the Corgi die-cast Liberator (which will be staying in that see-through bubble forever!). Still neck-and-neck with DW as my favorite Brit SF.

However, it's sad that they don't perceive a market for it over here - or at least not enough of a market to go to the expense of conversion, pressing discs and packaging, and trying to get the word out. The B7 sets are wonderful - the commentaries in particular are hilarious (especially the one where the cast begins singing along with the theme tune! - so they're a perfectly legit reason to get a multi-region player.
Back to top Go down
pjr

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD   Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:59 am

This stinks big time! In a way I'm not surprised because the VHS distribution wasn't by a major company in the U.S. I have all the tapes but not handy at the moment. Wasn't it a Canadian
company that distributed them?
Back to top Go down
pjr

PostSubject: Re: Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD   Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:50 pm

"Galactica 1980" is going to be released on DVD. If crap like that can get released there should be a chance for any number of better programs.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD   Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:04 pm

pjr wrote:
"Galactica 1980" is going to be released on DVD.

You're a little late with that. Galactica 1980 was released on DVD in December 2007.
Back to top Go down
pjr

PostSubject: Re: Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD   Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:27 pm

I stand corrected. Since it's already come out the release of tv shows on DVD is worse than I thought.
Back to top Go down
captkirk42
captkirk42

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD   Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:29 pm

That's a bummer. I guess I'll have to try to find it in a R2 copy (without the use of a credit card)
Back to top Go down
http://klandersen.com
Chuzzlewit
Chuzzlewit

Number of posts : 3864
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD   Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:38 pm

I've had all the Region 2 since they came out. This is great for fans, and Brit lovers. But the poor mainstream United States consumer sure gets shafted. What a loss!
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD   Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:20 am

Even if it was released in the States, I doubt the extras would be as good as the R2s are. We were totally shafted with The Invisible Man season 1 release since all the good extras were in the split R2 releases.
Back to top Go down

Blakes 7 NOT coming to US DVD
Page 1 of 1