Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hispro
hispro

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-05-18

THE SUNMAKERS and THE VISITATION coming to CD & LP Empty
PostSubject: THE SUNMAKERS and THE VISITATION coming to CD & LP   THE SUNMAKERS and THE VISITATION coming to CD & LP EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 4:53 pm

Word is out that the newest BBC Soundtracks from Silva Screen Records will be the music from Dudley Simpson's THE SUNMAKERS and Paddy Kingsland's THE VISITATION. No release date or pricing yet, but the last few came out only weeks after their announcement.

THE SUNMAKERS and THE VISITATION coming to CD & LP Ffbc7210
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicalproductionsinc.com
hispro
hispro

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: THE SUNMAKERS and THE VISITATION coming to CD & LP   THE SUNMAKERS and THE VISITATION coming to CD & LP EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 3:54 pm

Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm really loving these soundtrack releases.

While THE SUNMAKERS may not be Simpson's most memorable score, it's a great example of his work and it's fantastic to hear it complete and separate from the episodes. Although it makes me wish more of his music existed for release, not just Doctor Who but Blake's 7 as well. Let's hope that THE SEEDS OF DEATH gets a speedy release after this.

THE VISITATION is a musical treat to hear, and shows that Kingsland really was the master of the 1980s musical scores. I've always through of this score as the lesser of Paddy Kingsland's work, after LOGOPOLIS and STATE OF DECAY, but hearing this divorced from the visuals has completely changed my mind about it. There are some really lovely cues within, very melodic, and the extra unused cures are great to hear for the first time.

I hope that Silva Screen continues to release this range as there are quiet a few great scores that I'd like to get my hands on. Thank you WhoNA for getting these so quickly!
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicalproductionsinc.com
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: THE SUNMAKERS and THE VISITATION coming to CD & LP   THE SUNMAKERS and THE VISITATION coming to CD & LP EmptyTue May 12, 2020 12:33 pm

I've finally gotten my copies here at WhoNA. They were down to the last 10 copies of each a couple days ago so I pulled the trigger and now see they're down to only 4 or 5 of each. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down

THE SUNMAKERS and THE VISITATION coming to CD & LP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Audios, Books & Comics-
Jump to: