36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 9:29 am

jonwes wrote:
My haul! Can't wait to open them up. But that'll be for tomorrow...

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 20511192413_80acff2008_o

I also pre-ordered the Sideshow Exclusive Squad Leader Stormtrooper.

Wasn't so lucky. The line moved for ages, me and my dad didn't actually get to the pegs until an hour later. It was already a wasteland by then when it came to figures. bounce

Still had fun and enjoyed the experience though! The 501st were there, too, which alone made it worth the travel. Got a free t-shirt as well, and I did manage to pick up a pack of the Micromachines, which is pretty cool as I've been wanting some little models of X-Wings and TIE-fighters to play around and do some dog fights when no one else is looking... Razz

Ah well. I look forward to seeing some close ups of your scores, Jon! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:03 am

I am very disappointed in the Revell models. 4 pre-painted kits, not even to the same scale. 2 X-Wings, a TIE Fighter and a small Falcon. They are rather basic. Hopefully, Bandai comes out with some big kits.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:49 am

Scary - I was surprised I found what I did! I went to Toys R Us first with my friend Luke. Got a free poster and lego brick thing. But we were probably 30 people back, and TRU only got in two cases of Black figures. They were all gone. The 3.75'' figures weren't even that plentiful and pretty much gone. So I walked out with nothing but the freebies. But then I hit up a Meijer and two Wal-Marts and managed to find everything in the pic between them.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Star Wars Black Wave 3 and 4 details are up on BBTS. I'm a bit worried because these waves seem to take us through December and no mention of Luke, Leia or Han. So it's possible we won't see those until AFTER the movie is out. Sad

Wave 3:
1x SW E7 FIRST ORDER TIE FIGHTER PILOT
1x SW E7 RESISTANCE TROOPER
1x SW E7 FINN JAKKU
1x SW E7 REY JAKKU AND BB-8
1x SW E7 KYLO REN
1x SW E7 FIRST ORDER STORMTROOPER

Wave 4:
SW E7 FIRST ORDER SNOWTROOPER
SW E7 X WING PILOT ASTY
SW E7 FIRST ORDER GENERAL HUX
Other Figures from Previous Waves - Details Not Yet Determined.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:31 pm

jonwes wrote:
I'm a bit worried because these waves seem to take us through December and no mention of Luke, Leia or Han. So it's possible we won't see those until AFTER the movie is out. Sad

That wouldnt surprise me. They seem to be going to great lengths so far to keep Luke and Leia secret.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 5:56 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
jonwes wrote:
I'm a bit worried because these waves seem to take us through December and no mention of Luke, Leia or Han. So it's possible we won't see those until AFTER the movie is out. Sad

That wouldnt surprise me. They seem to be going to great lengths so far to keep Luke and Leia secret.

Well Leia's new look is on full display in the SDCC behind the scenes reel, but they are indeed hunting down anyone who reposts that leaked awesome image of Luke.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:04 pm

I’ll be so disappointed if Captain Phasma doesn’t cut anyone in twain with a giant buzzsaw in the film.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 10:50 pm

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 20150910_183015_zpsmuhue9ec

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 20150910_214707_zpsyrgvo9x5
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-06-24

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 9:08 pm

Very awesome pickup CA
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 12:19 am

I'm wondering why you've already gotten your Han & Chewie (CA) and I still haven't even received so much as a shipping notice.

It kinda bums me out but at the same time, I don't have to worry about paying for them yet...as I know the exchange rate is going to crucify me!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 9:02 am

Krynoid wrote:
I'm wondering why you've already gotten your Han & Chewie (CA) and I still haven't even received so much as a shipping notice.

It kinda bums me out but at the same time, I don't have to worry about paying for them yet...as I know the exchange rate is going to crucify me!

Did you do flex pay, or the single payment option?

The word on the forum is:

1) SS did not receive their full order of the two packs. When they get more of the two packs in (supposedly SS has sent emails to some people) the rest of the two packs will go out end of Sept/Oct, followed by the single releases.

2) Flex payers are the ones that have received their two packs so far.

Ive never done the one payment option myself, but the forum conjecture is that since the two pack arrival date was moved up and the flexers get the option to trigger the final payment ahead of the original scheduled date... it could be that if you choose one payment when you order, it only triggers on the original date and there is no way to move it up.

Or, it just means they give priority to flex payers since they have already been paying as they go.

There are people that placed their orders on day 1, but haven't gotten theirs, but they chose the full payment option. I didn't place my order until 3 months after (I was still wavering if I wanted to really commit to the SW line like I did with Avengers).
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 2:28 pm

Thanks for the comprehensive response. I took the single payment option. I would have thought that that would take priority. But quite frankly, I am happy to wait, the total should be close to $600 Canadian for this two-pack, so I'll take the extra time to wrangle up more funds! On the other hand, I want to apply my points towards pre-ordering Luke and Leia before they sell out!

Cruel Angel wrote:

Did you do flex pay, or the single payment option?

The word on the forum is:

1) SS did not receive their full order of the two packs. When they get more of the two packs in (supposedly SS has sent emails to some people) the rest of the two packs will go out end of Sept/Oct, followed by the single releases.

2) Flex payers are the ones that have received their two packs so far.

Ive never done the one payment option myself, but the forum conjecture is that since the two pack arrival date was moved up and the flexers get the option to trigger the final payment ahead of the original scheduled date... it could be that if you choose one payment when you order, it only triggers on the original date and there is no way to move it up.

Or, it just means they give priority to flex payers since they have already been paying as they go.

There are people that placed their orders on day 1, but haven't gotten theirs, but they chose the full payment option. I didn't place my order until 3 months after (I was still wavering if I wanted to really commit to the SW line like I did with Avengers).
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 3:08 pm

Han and Chewie look great! My two-pack should be here (along with the Sideshow R2) Tuesday!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 9:44 am

I got one of the 12'' Titan-scale Assault Walkers and added some desert-duty weathering to it. Though the vehicle looks goofy with 12'' figures, it looks like an awesome vehicle for 6'' scale figures! For my first attempt at weathering I'm pretty happy with this sucker. And it's a cheap way to get a vehicle for the 6'' figures.

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 12002110

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 11990410

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 12011110

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 11219610

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 12002710

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 12011111
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 1:51 am

Via various online and brick and mortar stores, I have collected all I want from this initial wave. Pics to come when everything arrives and is on the shelf, but here is a list.

Basic 3.75" figures "Build a Weapon"
Rey
Finn
Poe Dameron
Captain Phasma
Kylo Ren
Stormtrooper x4
Flametrooper x2
Constable Zuvio
Resistance Trooper
TIE Fighter Pilot
Asty
Sarco Plank
Ezra Bridger (Rebels w/ lightsaber)

3.75" Armor Up figures
Poe Dameron
Chewbacca

3.75" 2 packs
Darth Vader/Ahsoka Tano (Rebels)
C3po/r2d2

As for BB-8, I opted to get a Disney exclusive PVC figurine. This is due to several factors. Hasbro's 3.75" scale bb-8 is scarce, the Disney figure appears to have better paint apps, and he has a base included, rather than being flat on the bottom.

Also, I gave Finn an extra Luke saber. Just cuz.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 2:32 pm

So far, the only action figure I have found is the Black Series Kylo Ren.  I found that one because it was a go back that was just replaced on the empty pegs at ToysrUs. There are no action figures in any of my stores.  I also picked up 3 of the Revell models.  They are basically nothing but snap together toys.  Very disappointing.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 5:58 pm

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 Img_7110

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 Img_7111

Here's my 3.75'' collection. In the pic, they look a bit washed out. I went back and forth on whether I was getting the 3.75'' figures, but I'm glad I did. They are a lot of fun. I really like the X-wing and TIE. The TIE is the best, with lots of new neat details like extra turrents, a place to store the pilot's guns, and space for two pilots.

I did hit the BB-8 in the X-Wing with a black wash because he had very minimal paint on him:

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 Img_7112
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 2:38 am

Got Han, Chewie and R2 from Sideshow! All of them are amazing. I do think Chewie could use a little lighter hair on the brown and cheeks but other than that I'm super happy with all of them.

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 Img_7211

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 Img_7212

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 Img_7213

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 Img_7214

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 Img_7215
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 10:49 pm

I actually messed with Chewie's hair some on his head and he looks MUCH better. They sort of plastered the hair under his chin down and it looked weird. I pulled that out and broke up the gel they used (it seems to be water soluble, not glue) and combed it out. Then I make the hair a bit more full on the side. I need to smooth out some areas more and the like, but overall it looks MUCH better. Really love this figure!

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 12036410
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Finally got my hands on the 3.75" ones that I wanted! Will get Poe eventually, too, but I think I'd prefer the removable helmet version that comes with the X-Wing.

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 12084110

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 12064410

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 12042110
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 11:53 am

Nice! The version with the X-wing is MUCH nicer. In my display, the single carded one went in the X-Wing (he fits much better) and the removable helmet one is standing with the others.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks to a friend in Canada, my 3.75'' TFA collection is complete for now!

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 Img_7510
The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 Img_7511
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 1:13 pm

So far, after over a month of checking my area stores, I have only found Finn and General Hux 3 3/4 figures. I see many other toys, but action figures are scarce or not even stocked. Is anyone else having this much trouble finding stuff?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 1:57 pm

I haven't seen much either, and the only 6" Black ones I've seen is Chewbacca, who had already been released anyhow, and Finn.

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 12:40 am

Ronpur wrote:
So far, after over a month of checking my area stores, I have only found Finn and General Hux 3 3/4 figures.  I see many other toys, but action figures are scarce or not even stocked.  Is anyone else having this much trouble finding stuff?

Let me tell you of my struggles. On sep 3, I camped out at my local Toys R Us to buy figures. I limit myself to the 3.75" figure scale, and only really go for one of each figure, unless it's a trooper or something. The day before, I had found an ebay seller selling a full case, one of each figure, for a reasonable price, so I ordered it.

So with my main prey taken care of, I went to get the 2-packs (BB-8/aliens, R2/3PO, and Ahsoka/Vader from Rebels), the deluxe figures I wanted (Poe Dameron and Chewie), and possibly an extra stormtrooper.

I arrived at 8:30pm, and found a full aisle of empty pegs, waiting to be filled. With high anticipation, I stood outside and waited. I was first, and 3.5 hours later, with baited breath, I was led inside to begin my hunt. Now, in this whole aisle, they had 1 case worth of figures. One. That's all. One of each figure. I got the deluxe ones I wanted, with no sign of the 2 packs.

I went to Walmart, got some Troopers, and went home. Since then, I have seen empty pegs everywhere I go. I have opted to go the online route from now on. In the last 2 weeks, Walmart has had FULL PEGS of the wave 1 figures. Wave 2 is showing up sporadically. Wave 3 is due in December.

So have faith. They are coming out, nowhere near as soon as they promised, but we are still 2 months out from the movie being released. And for those who are confused, here is a break down of the waves.

The basic 3.75" figures are in 2 assortments. Jungle/Space and Snow/Desert.

Wave 1: Captain Phasma, Zuvio, Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron (Xwing Pilot), Resistance Trooper, Stormtrooper, Flame Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot, Luke Skywalker (Empire Strikes Back), Darth Vader (Empire Strikes Back), Kylo Ren.

Wave 2: Sarco Plank, Asty (xwing pilot), Kanan (Rebels re-release), Ezra (Rebels re-release with new lightsaber), Stormtrooper (re-release from wave 1), Snowtrooper, General Hux, Kylo Ren (same figure but with new build a weapon parts), Inquisitor (Rebels re-release), Guavian Enforcer, Pz-4co, Goss Toowers (Xwing mechanic).

Wave 3 is unknown.
Back to top Go down

The Official Star Wars Thread
Page 16 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next