36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:23 am

Well, he pretty much made Trek into Star Wars, so yea.....this is a wet dream come true for JJ.

Be ready for lens flares and character butchering.

Oh, and for why there's objections......it's because it's JJ Abrams, for goodness sakes, the same hack who made LOST, and who pretty much dumbed down Star Trek into mindless action flick. One word to describe JJ Abrams' career:

Lucky. (or overrated)
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:22 am

How can I, delicately, put this?.............

Yip! That'll do!

Last edited by Just Scott on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:28 am

Anybody who complained that the new Trek was too much like Star Wars (which I didn't get), should think this is a good choice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:30 am

I liked Abrams work with the Star Trek film personally, but then again that's the only Star Trek I've ever seen so I can't really judge whether or not the film was better than the original stuff (I'm gonna get burnt at the stake for not watching Star Trek now, I know it.... Razz).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to SW VII very much so! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:22 pm

While I don't find JJ's work very high brow, I have enjoyed them. Even the Mission Impossible movies. I have never watched any of his TV shows. I hated Cloverfield. And Super 8 was just ok to me. As for Star Trek......Except for the Spock-Uhura love thing, Scotty being so annoying and the breweries, it wasn't bad.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Except for the Spock-Uhura love thing, Scotty being so annoying and the breweries, it wasn't bad.
So, in other words, it stunk. Kirk's character butchering was the low point for me.

Personally, I don't understand how this guy manages to have a film/TV career. I have this feeling that what JJ's going to do is going to make whatever Lucas did with the prequels look like master pieces.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:34 pm

The man revitalized a dead franchise in Star Trek. (And anyone who disagrees Trek is dead can do a marathon run of Voyager and Enterprise and then come back and tell me Trek '09 was the franchise's "low point")

I'm eager to see what he does with Star wars.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:12 pm

Rust wrote:
The man revitalized a dead franchise in Star Trek. (And anyone who disagrees Trek is dead can do a marathon run of Voyager and Enterprise and then come back and tell me Trek '09 was the franchise's "low point")

I'm eager to see what he does with Star wars.

As I said before, bringing it back all dumbed down for the general Joe Sixpack crowd (the same ones that watch X-Factor, the Kardasians and Honey Boo Boo) is not a revival to me. I'd rather it be dead than brought back a homogenized mutated shadow of the former. I'll stick to Phase1/New Voyages if I want to see some real trek. Jagex is trying to make my favorite online game, Runescape more "hip and cool" and similar to all the rest of the online games (the reason RS was popular because it was NOT the same homogenized game like the rest) , and in their quest to bring in noobs, teeny boppers, and more Joe Sixpacks, they've lost well over 100,000 fans.

Soooooo......I'd rather see Trek DEAD than become Star Wars Lite.

I'll be interested to see how Mr. Add Another Lens Flare manages to alienate and anger the Star Wars fans.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:50 pm

The Castellan wrote:

Soooooo......I'd rather see Trek DEAD than become Star Wars Lite.

Fortunately, that decision is not made by you.

I don't consider myself "Joe Sixpack" and I adored Trek 09 and can't wait for the sequel.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:13 pm

The sequel, where Kirk's an even bigger bastard, and Spock's in his quarters, dressed in black, listening to the Cure and cutting himself. And Sulu and Scotty are going to be more worthless than in the first one.

Oh, and don't forget about Cup Cake. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:38 pm

I thought this was a Star Wars thread... scratch
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 pm

SeaDevil wrote:

Yea, but right now the same guy who butchered Trek is probably going to butcher Star Wars as well. So, in a few months, the two will probably be one in the same.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:27 pm

I wonder what he would do with Buck Rogers? afro
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:16 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I wonder what he would do with Buck Rogers? afro

James Cawley of Star Trek Phase 2/New Voyages is making a Buck Rodgers film. I think there's some stuff about on the Phase 2 Youtube channel.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:43 am

Whoosier, I'm shocked you didn't suggest he helm the Doctor Who movie!

I'm happy for the "Star Wars" people. Abrams seems to like and "get" the material in a way he didn't get Trek. I have no real interest in the future of "Star Wars" but I might go see a new movie if they drag Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford out one last time.

As for the off-topic topic...I'm disappointed in the current direction of the "Star Trek" franchise, but I can't blame Abrams for that. He's just doing the job he was hired to do. Paramount is at fault. They had a "name" like Abrams attached to a "Star Trek" movie. They had guaranteed box office thanks to Abrams fans alone. They could have gone anywhere with the movie. They could have gone ahead in the "Trek" timeline like "TNG" did...introduce new characters, use modern-style storytelling to refresh "Trek" for the 21st century...they could've established a "new" franchise with long-term legs.

Instead they decided to rehash the original series. Dead franchise all right. Nothing new to see here. Kind of reminds me how Lucas rehashed the Death Star in "Return of the Jedi" (just trying to get back on topic)...

In thinking about "Star Wars," I'm realizing I liked the Marvel comics better than the actual movies. Any love for the comics out there?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:01 am

The Castellan wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:

Yea, but right now the same guy who butchered Trek is probably going to butcher Star Wars as well. So, in a few months, the two will probably be one in the same.

You never know. I prefer to be optimistic about it rather than pessimistic.

"Mesa thinks" there are those who probably believe that George Lucas himself had already butchered Star Wars...

...but that was another discussion in another thread...

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Corellian Trilogy done. Almost done with Starfighters of Adumar.

Then the Thrawn duology, and I'll be done with my SW novels.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:03 pm

So someone decided to make a Trailer for "Empire Strikes Back" in JJ Abrams' style.

Not going to lie - it looks really good.

The Lens Flares actually add a lot to the existing practical effects and mesh far more naturally then Lucas' arbitrary CGI. Plus the Abrams style trailer makes me want to go watch ESB again! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 7:33 am

Some new acquisitions!

-Clone Wars IG-88 Assassin Droid
-3x LEGO Snowtroopers + Probe Droid (courtesy of the good Whoosier Whovian Very Happy)
-POTF2 3D Mos Eisley Cantina Display

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 Img-2010

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 Img-2011

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 Img-2012
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:02 am

Cyberman, Davros, an Ice Warrior... and the 4th Doctor... nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Stand alone Star Wars films....and Lawrence Kasdan is involved!!!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-standalone-films-lawrence-418421

Rumor is a Yoda origin film of some type.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Shocked

Quote :
Yesterday, The Walt Disney Co. unveiled plans to make a number of spin-off movies set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away — in addition to the post-Return of the Jedi trilogy that had already been announced

Entertainment Weekly has learned details on two of the spin-off projects: A young Han Solo saga, focusing on the wisecracking smuggler’s origin story, and a bounty hunter adventure with Boba Fett at the center of a rogue’s gallery of galactic scum.

I'm really excited for these, they sound awesome! cheers I just really hope that Disney don't mess up.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Scary wrote:
Shocked

Quote :
Yesterday, The Walt Disney Co. unveiled plans to make a number of spin-off movies set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away — in addition to the post-Return of the Jedi trilogy that had already been announced

Entertainment Weekly has learned details on two of the spin-off projects: A young Han Solo saga, focusing on the wisecracking smuggler’s origin story, and a bounty hunter adventure with Boba Fett at the center of a rogue’s gallery of galactic scum.

I'm really excited for these, they sound awesome! cheers I just really hope that Disney don't mess up.

It could be the greatest thing in Star Wars Fandom ever! Or the end of everything.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Scary wrote:
I just really hope that Disney don't mess up.

They haven't messed with Pixar or Marvel, so I have hope.

...maybe even A New Hope... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Meh. I dunno. A 2 and a half hour long movie with Boba Fett slowly being digested by the Sarlaac?

I mean, I suppose it'd appeal to the Passion crowd, but yeesh.
Back to top Go down

The Official Star Wars Thread
Page 9 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next