Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

The Official clonewars thread! Empty
PostSubject: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:21 am

Here it is! I'm looking foreward to season three.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:22 pm

Due to my not being able to catch it on Cartoon Network, I tend to run a season behind. However, I am looking forward to season two when it comes out on DVD and am excited they are doing a season three.

I was worried fora bit because early interviews with the production team in the Star Wars Insider magazine only talked of two maybe three seasons max for Clone Wars, but I hope they are able to push it out to maybe four of five seasons.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:46 pm

hmm, the clonewar only lasted three years, so I was thinking they would only do three seasons, one season for each year of the clone war, and maybe they wrap up season three with order 66.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:49 pm

That is true. Though given that Order 66 occurred halfway through Revenge of the Sith they could also wrap it up with a lead in to the movie of sorts with the Separatists Fleet attacking Coruscant. I know back when they did the little short episodes before the movie came out, that was how they ended it in order to move us into the movie.

Either way, it still is a good series, and I've been enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 3:49 pm

artanyus wrote:
That is true. Though given that Order 66 occurred halfway through Revenge of the Sith they could also wrap it up with a lead in to the movie of sorts with the Separatists Fleet attacking Coruscant. I know back when they did the little short episodes before the movie came out, that was how they ended it in order to move us into the movie.

yeah, that also is a good way to wrap it up. my favorite episode in season one is either '' rookies'', or the one with the clone traiter. one of my favorite episodes in season two is '' holocron heist''.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Invisible Supreme wrote:
artanyus wrote:

yeah, that also is a good way to wrap it up. my favorite episode in season one is either '' rookies'', or the one with the clone traiter. one of my favorite episodes in season two is '' holocron heist''.

Cool. I am looking forward to seeing Season Two. As for my favorite season One episode, it was "Innocents of Ryloth". The lost Twi'lek girl who adopts the two troopers as brothers is so adorable, and after reading interviews with the cast, that one turned out to be a cast favorite as well. Plus it really is strikes some emotional chords, showing who the true victims of war are.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm

in season two, there's three episodes on geonosis, it's pretty cool. you get to learn a little bit more about the geonosians. rex is by far my favorite clone, cody's my second favorite. one of the reasons rex is my favorite is because we never see him kill any jedi in revenge of the sith.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:37 pm

oh cool. Rex is awesome. He has attitude and can really kick butt when he needs too. Cody is okay, but it hurt watching him give the command to shoot Obi-Wan in Revenge.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:02 pm

artanyus wrote:
oh cool. Rex is awesome. He has attitude and can really kick butt when he needs too. Cody is okay, but it hurt watching him give the command to shoot Obi-Wan in Revenge.

Yes, after seeing hiime in the first cartoon, then loving the interaction between him and Obi-wan, it was a very sad scene.
Anyway, I have to wait for the dvds on this too.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:50 pm

Ronpur wrote:
artanyus wrote:

Yes, after seeing hiime in the first cartoon, then loving the interaction between him and Obi-wan, it was a very sad scene.
Anyway, I have to wait for the dvds on this too.
hmm, you can watch season two episodes at starwars.com, but they're kinda in the middle of the second series. the standard battle droids are my favorite seperatist war machine, they're really funny.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:22 pm

The Official clonewars thread! JULY20101326here's a pic I took.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:30 pm

I got lost after episode 5 of series 2... I'd love to catch up, but I think I shall wait for the boxset!
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:32 am

yeah.probably a good idea to wait, and I'm not sure exactly which episode is number 5, I think online it's like episode 10 or 11. those figures where two of several of my force unleashed miniatures.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:48 am

here's a few more pics.

The Official clonewars thread! JULY20101321

before obi-wan cuts the battle droid up.
The Official clonewars thread! JULY20101322

after obi-wan cuts the battle droid up.

The Official clonewars thread! JULY20101323

clone trooper vs super battle droid.
The Official clonewars thread! JULY20101324

rex breaks the commando droids neck.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:41 pm

now, wasn't captain fordo like the top ARC trooper?
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:58 am

I'd like to think that captain rex was the only one who resisted order 66, and took the jedi's side.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:28 am

Invisible Supreme wrote:
I'd like to think that captain rex was the only one who resisted order 66, and took the jedi's side.

There probably were a few clone captains/commanders that resisted Order 66, just as there were some Jedi who managed to avoid being killed when the Order was executed.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:32 am

I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 11:12 am

Here's my little Clone Wars army!

Not great pictures but its the best I can do for now:

The Official clonewars thread! 36815_105199219539097_100001470573681_45467_1336436_n

The Official clonewars thread! 39777_105199232872429_100001470573681_45468_8371039_n

My favourite Clones would have to be Rex, Gree, Echo and Fives! Very Happy

I plan to get a few more that have been recently released but of course, DW must come first. Although I think I'll pick up Commander Bly soon, if I can find him. A Cammando droid would also be cool!

I did have the better Yoda release with more articulation and soft-goods cape... But sadly lost him in the garden! Sad I keep thinking that he must feel so lost... No toy should be left behind. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Okay, I just watched a preview video of season three of the clonewars. if you want to find out by watching when it comes out on dvd or airs on the tv, then please don't read this;
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
dr.dalek
dr.dalek

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:30 pm

artanyus wrote:
Invisible Supreme wrote:

There probably were a few clone captains/commanders that resisted Order 66, just as there were some Jedi who managed to avoid being killed when the Order was executed.

read the republic commando books, they have a lot about this stuff
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: The Official clonewars thread!   The Official clonewars thread! EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:32 pm

dr.dalek wrote:
artanyus wrote:
Invisible Supreme wrote:

read the republic commando books, they have a lot about this stuff

okay cool. I will look add them to my ever growing list of books to read.
Back to top Go down

The Official clonewars thread!
Page 1 of 1