jfh1970
Ronpur
LakeErieMonster
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Official Star Wars Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:01 pm

I noticed we haven't got a Star Wars thread! AHH, THE THOUGHT OF IT!! So now we do, phew!

Go ahead and discuss Star Wars! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:24 pm

Anyone going to Star Wars weekend at Disney?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptySun May 02, 2010 12:36 am

LakeErieMonster wrote:
Anyone going to Star Wars weekend at Disney?

Yep, We will be at the last weekend. Its my early b-day present from my girlfriend and her son, lol.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Found out today wife's schedule will conflict with both the last 2 weekends which we were shooting for. : (
ENJOY!!
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:53 pm

The Official Star Wars Thread 9
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:04 pm

The Official Star Wars Thread 20052810
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:05 pm

The Official Star Wars Thread Img-8-10

sorry here's the one wanted to post.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Last year, I got yhe interactive R2 D2 for $60 after pending $40. Well worth it! And a Darth Vader Gooffy!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:45 pm

I was just reminded of the time they put out "figures" of various M&M characters portraying different SW characters. Those were fun.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:27 pm

jfh, i actually have a whole x-mas ornament set with all the m&m's as star wars people. it's really well done.

i just am so angry about star wars. i used to love the original movies as a kid, then george lucas had to "touch them up" with cg. then he had to add anakin(hayden christian) at the end of return of the jedi.

i loved episode 4-6, but anything else was just trash. 1-3, 3 was the only decent one(and i mean barely). the clone wars(cartoon or movie) was just junk. he's going to run this franchise into the ground until the fans hate it as much as star trek did(need i say enterprise?).
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:44 pm

You know, the part about Hayden being put in at the end of Jedi made a sort of sense to me. Anakin died when he became Vader. When he return to the light side and became part of the force, It should have been the Anakin from the moment he died.

But it still was a slap in the face to the memory of Sebastian Shaw. But they did at least remove his eyebrows in the helmet reveal.

I can't really stand Clone Wars, but the kids love it, as that is who it is designed for. I love buying toys for my Girlfriends kid.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:15 pm

actually, i could argue all day about anakin, and his "spirit". he redeemed himself at the end of jedi, when he killed the emperor, thus trully fulfilling his destiny, and returning balance to the force(the only way was to leave luke as the only jedi at the time). therefore, old anakin was good again. i know it's always been aimed at kids, but it's just a slap in the face to the original fans who try to take it seriously(don't get me started on jar-jar binks).
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:55 pm

I read recently that Lucas is thinking of doing the films over again...in 3-D. Talk about flogging a dead Bantha.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:11 am

Pete as Boba Fett! I have to have that... and the Tron Mickey would be nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyTue May 04, 2010 3:09 am

Just want to point out that today (May 4, 2010) marks the 30th Anniversary of the release of the most favored installment of the Star Wars saga - Empire Strikes Back.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyTue May 04, 2010 3:34 am

artanyus wrote:
Just want to point out that today (May 4, 2010) marks the 30th Anniversary of the release of the most favored installment of the Star Wars saga - Empire Strikes Back.

Never forget the first time I ever saw that in the theater. Something happened to the projector and it stopped as soon as Luke crashed onto the planet of Dagobah. The whole audience was dismayed and then five seconds later the projector started again. I would've been so bummed that day if that didn't happen, but I have to admit the sudden stop only accentuated the scene.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyTue May 04, 2010 3:50 am

jfh1970 wrote:
artanyus wrote:

Never forget the first time I ever saw that in the theater. Something happened to the projector and it stopped as soon as Luke crashed onto the planet of Dagobah. The whole audience was dismayed and then five seconds later the projector started again. I would've been so bummed that day if that didn't happen, but I have to admit the sudden stop only accentuated the scene.

That would have really sucked if it hadn't been fixed. However it did serve to create a lasting memory of it as well. And I can see how the interruption at that point would really accent the scene. I myself absolutely love the Hoth battle sequence and every winter on the first snow listen to that track from the score to officially declare winter's arrival.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:27 am

bret_owen99 wrote:
actually, i could argue all day about anakin, and his "spirit". he redeemed himself at the end of jedi, when he killed the emperor, thus trully fulfilling his destiny, and returning balance to the force(the only way was to leave luke as the only jedi at the time). therefore, old anakin was good again. i know it's always been aimed at kids, but it's just a slap in the face to the original fans who try to take it seriously(don't get me started on jar-jar binks).

Well, I suppose it just depends on if you believe his spirit should appear from when he died(Hayden) or when he was redeemed(Sebastian). Either one cold be totally valid, and since there is no way to find out thru the real force, George makes the call. It is his movie.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Anyone planning on purchasing the brand new vintage line from Hasbro? I don't think I'll want to open them, the packaging will be as awesome as the figures.

Finally, a Star Wars line I can follow right to the very end. I got lost with The Legacy Collection and The Clone Wars as I had no money for a while so I missed some waves.

Last edited by scarywood on Tue May 04, 2010 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Seems my pictures were removed, I think)
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyTue May 04, 2010 3:04 pm

artanyus wrote:

Yes, it is that...and May the 4th be with you! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:06 pm

scarywood wrote:
Anyone planning on purchasing the brand new vintage line from Hasbro? I don't think I'll want to open them, the packaging will be as awesome as the figures.

Finally, a Star Wars line I can follow right to the very end. I got lost with The Legacy Collection and The Clone Wars as I had no money for a while so I missed some waves.

What's the vintage line? Do the figures look like they did back in the 70s? If they do, then I would only get them for nostalgia purposes. I remember a few years back I picked up a couple of figures because they had the old cards with them. That was fun while it lasted.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:44 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
scarywood wrote:

What's the vintage line? Do the figures look like they did back in the 70s? If they do, then I would only get them for nostalgia purposes. I remember a few years back I picked up a couple of figures because they had the old cards with them. That was fun while it lasted.

Yeah, they have the old cards. The figures themselves don't look much like the original figures, because of the development in detail and articulation. They do look awesome though. However, hasbro are adding waves with characters from the prequel trilogy. Which, in my mind, is silly! Ah well, here are some pictures of wave 1:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/nytf/images/hp19.jpg

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/nytf/images/hp20.jpg

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/nytf/images/hp21.jpg

It would have been awesome if they were released today. Would have been a great way to mark the occasion!
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyThu May 06, 2010 4:10 pm

The Official Star Wars Thread Swrare10
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyThu May 06, 2010 4:11 pm

instresting SW pic o the day.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread EmptyThu May 06, 2010 5:13 pm

I did buy two of the vintage figures at the beginning, but now, only one, UNLESS I REALLY like the figure enough. Maybe Vader.
Back to top Go down

The Official Star Wars Thread
Page 1 of 25Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next