64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 1:17 pm

I agree the UNIT Pvt. Mustache is a crazy choice for a figure.  Although there are screen grabs of an actor in the episode who looks a bit like this so it isn't totally "wrong".  But if you want an "army builder" UNIT guy, I'd have picked one of the HAVOC guys to sculpt or a totally generic head rather than using Richard Franklin with a mustache.

I assume the new Tom Baker head was the limit of new tooling for the Zygons set.  But that leaves the opportunity for a kilt later on for both the Brig and Jamie to share.  I just can't see them affording more than one new sculpt per wave.

I am happy that CO acknowledges in the video that the rifles in the UNIT - Axos set are incorrect, but they just didn't have time to tool up correct guns.  This is fixed with the Sterling submachine guns included in the new UNIT set.  For that alone I'm going to have to pick this one up.  Now if only they can include the Belgian FAL rifles that UNIT seemed to use so often in the 1970's (or was it supposed to be the 80's Question )
Back to top Go down
FUNCHOMCLALA
FUNCHOMCLALA

Number of posts : 1379
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 5:03 pm

I'm pumped about these. I also think we owe a hand to Alisdair for being up front about the limitations being imposed on him and CO and still coming through with something for classic fans. Two thumbs up. Love me UNIT and 4th Dr companions sets.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 10:16 pm

I agree opening up the customers about the limitations and restrictions being placed on them is really up front and honest.

I will also assume that by this time they have re used as many of the Primeval figures as they possibly could have.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 11:15 pm

Word is that 'official' US distributor from the first wave will NOT be carrying this second one. If true, I hope there is an alternative, but if not, it will be a shame as The Visitation TARDIS is an excellent one to have to go with the 6th Doctor also.
Back to top Go down
movieguy12
movieguy12

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-10-14

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 1:45 pm

Hello, out of curiosity any updates regarding the new set of figures? I see a post above about possibly not potentially being able to get them..

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 5:40 pm

WhoNA has their own channel for getting figures from the UK.  There are actually quite a few of the B+M Exclusive packages in the WhoNA Store if you browse through their 5" Figure section.  Try checking here.

I've got faith that this latest wave will appear here in the next few weeks.  No insider knowledge, but I see that they're available in the UK so they should be here a few weeks later. That has been the pattern in the past. Sometimes 3 weeks, sometimes more, but WhoNA hasn't missed much in the past few years.
Back to top Go down
movieguy12
movieguy12

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-10-14

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 11:56 pm

Yeah for sure, I feel the average time from release in the U.K. To here is about 3-4 weeks. I feel confident, but seeing the comment above mine for sure had me a little worried. I don’t feel like paying double the price + shipping from the u.k. Plus, I’d rather give my monies to WhoNA. Hehe ;D
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 7:49 pm

It looks like the latest batch of B+M figures are rolling into WhoNA. The Zygons UNIT set was there yesterday. They've got some of the Dalek sets and the Romana/Sarah Jane set in stock now. Haven't seen the 5th Doctor TARDIS set yet, but it should be arriving soon if all the others are starting to show up now.
Back to top Go down
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 8:13 am

New B&M Sets out now.  
The Witch's Familiar
and
Coal Hill School set

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 Es6nnq11

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 F887i311
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 8:25 pm

DWFAN1974 wrote:
New B&M Sets out now.  
The Witch's Familiar
and
Coal Hill School set

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 Es6nnq11

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 F887i311

Out now if you live in Australia..LOL!

Coming to the UK and America next month as per C. O. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 1:45 pm

It's good to see more sets on the way, even with re-releases, it gives people a chance to pick up figures they missed out on.

I wish the Zygon set came with the Zygon monster instead of "Yates in disguise," as I somehow missed out on that back when the classics were first released.
Back to top Go down
FUNCHOMCLALA
FUNCHOMCLALA

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 12:52 am

I like the two sets. Ace and Remembrance Dalek are a good reprint for those who missed them. Davros is a biggie and I'll take a tenth Capaldi!
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 9:50 am

FUNCHOMCLALA wrote:
I like the two sets. Ace and Remembrance Dalek are a good reprint for those who missed them. Davros is a biggie and I'll take a tenth Capaldi!

Somebody on another forum says that the "Remembrance" Dalek gets a re-painted (corrected) eye stalk in this release. I had no idea the previous one wasn't as seen on TV.
Back to top Go down
FUNCHOMCLALA
FUNCHOMCLALA

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 4:10 pm

amckinney wrote:
FUNCHOMCLALA wrote:

Somebody on another forum says that the "Remembrance" Dalek gets a re-painted (corrected) eye stalk in this release. I had no idea the previous one wasn't as seen on TV.

There were two different Remembrance Daleks. One came with DR7 and one with the Remembrance set.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 2:58 pm

FUNCHOMCLALA wrote:
I like the two sets. Ace and RemembrancThere were two different Remembrance Daleks. One came with DR7 and one with the Remembrance set.

Were there any differences in those two, though? Someone else said the eye stalk colour was 'corrected' with this newest release, implying the previous one was wrong. Were there any differences to the Dalek between the McCoy/Dalek and SW Dalek/Dalek sets? I personally don't know, as I only purchased the latter, since I didn't want another McCoy figure.[/quote]
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 5:24 pm

the ring inside the eye is painted blue on the original release and this one has the ring painted black, at least from one image posted. And the shoulder slats have a mesh molding used on this release, whereas, the original had a smooth molding just like on the props.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 12:04 am

Got all my B+M toys from WhoNA this week! Looking good now. Especially that Zygon's UNIT set. The new submachine gun is going to my Axos Benton and Pvt. Mustachio is getting the fancy 21st century assault rifle. That should tidy things up on my shelf. The original Capt. Yates already got an extra pistol from one of the many Brig figures I now own. Until they put Lethbridge-Stewart in a kilt there shouldn't be a need for any more Brig figures. Of course if they made a kilt lower half then I can think of at least two figures they could make. Hint, hint, CO. We need a Jamie figure!

I do like the Classic figures and Daleks, but the next two sets with Ace + Dalek and 12th + Davros look like pretty straight up re-releases to me. Great for all those who missed these figures the first time around, but nothing new enough to make me want another. The B+M sets have been really clever making new figures with only minor new sculpts this past year. Let's hope there is more of this coming in 2021.
Back to top Go down
FUNCHOMCLALA
FUNCHOMCLALA

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 6:11 pm

amckinney wrote:
FUNCHOMCLALA wrote:
I like the two sets. Ace and RemembrancThere were two different Remembrance Daleks. One came with DR7 and one with the Remembrance set.

Were there any differences in those two, though? Someone else said the eye stalk colour was 'corrected' with this newest release, implying the previous one was wrong. Were there any differences to the Dalek between the McCoy/Dalek and SW Dalek/Dalek sets? I personally don't know, as I only purchased the latter, since I didn't want another McCoy figure.
[/quote][/quote]

One had a tiny eye stalk and one didn't, among other things.
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 10:47 am

I am surprised there’s been no news of the next “History of the Daleks” set. Those had been getting released at a nice clip.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 10:26 pm

Not a lot of news about anything these days sadly.
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 6:00 pm

If Character wants to make money off the license, they need to keep releasing classic companions!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 7:51 pm

Thun wrote:
If Character wants to make money off the license, they need to keep releasing classic companions!!

I want EVERYONE!!!!! Smile

Getting Sarah Jane, Both Romanas, Yates, Benton, and a gorgeous re-do of Ace made me SO dang happy this year! I want 1st and 2nd Doctor companions so badly now!!!
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 2:15 am

If Character really wants to make fans happy ... CONSOLES.
Back to top Go down
Bisk1tSnGraV
Bisk1tSnGraV

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2021-02-05

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 3:09 pm

Thun wrote:
If Character really wants to make fans happy ...  CONSOLES.

Two thumbs up on that
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 10:51 pm

At this point I would even take blow-molded consoles. At least it would be something.
Back to top Go down

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these
Page 22 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next