64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2020 10:33 pm

Unfortunately the big slap in the face these days is that Character doesn’t even make these figures available to the U.S. market anymore so what’s the point really?

Either way the figures are awesome.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2020 10:44 pm

True, but this forum has members from all over the world...a good many of them are in the UK where these figures are being released.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2020 11:01 pm

You’re right SD. They should be official soon anyway
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptySun May 17, 2020 10:46 am

Oooooo, these all do look like such nice sets.

Here's hoping that B+M will release info on these in the next few weeks so they can be displayed and discussed.
Back to top Go down
scottg10

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptySun May 17, 2020 12:59 pm

On another forum, Al Dewar implied (very vaguely) that there may be a U.S. distributor for these new sets. I wonder if WHONA has heard anything about this? Importing these from the UK will be expensive.
Back to top Go down
NightWinggl

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 11:17 am

Here are the official images then.

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 98309110
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 98364310
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 99123210

Last edited by NightWinggl on Mon May 18, 2020 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NightWinggl

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 11:18 am

Official Images:

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 97736110
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 97966010
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 98002310
Back to top Go down
NightWinggl

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 11:23 am

Sounds these might be easier to see state-side too: https://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/six-new-doctor-who-collectors-sets-new-usa-availability/?fbclid=IwAR1oO7vBcnVML1l1MkPpUIvAVB45b9NmgIJ2RUk_6gm7o48xm-EzNXbGPQc
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 11:38 am

The proportions on Ryan's jacket seem odd. Yas looks great. Sarah Jane face sculpt looks great but the jacket again looks odd. Not sure what's going on with Romana I, looks like an ABBA figure. Romana II costume looks fantastic. Face sculpt seems quite off.

Benton and Yates look great! Need Baby Benton, though.

Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
NightWinggl

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 11:52 am

TinDogRory wrote:
The proportions on Ryan's jacket seem odd. Yas looks great. Sarah Jane face sculpt looks great but the jacket again looks odd. Not sure what's going on with Romana I, looks like an ABBA figure. Romana II costume looks fantastic. Face sculpt seems quite off.

Benton and Yates look great! Need Baby Benton, though.

I think I'm spoiled by digital printing tech other companies (Hasbro, S.H. Figuarts, even Mattel these days) use for painting faces... Every body looks off to me, but until Character looses the license. I take what I can get.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 12:08 pm

Yes, I'll take one of each.  I'm not too concerned about the Romana head sculpt.  There were cries that Hartnell was all wrong based on photos (like 12 years ago when the line started), but once he was in hand it was general decided that his likeness was tough to capture in a single photo and the head sculpt was good.  I can't imagine that Romana (either of them) won't look lovely once I have them in-hand.

What about this History of the Daleks line?  It looks like we could look forward to The Chase and Daleks Masterplan Daleks' Mater Plan Dalek's Masterplan coming soon with Power and Evil after that if they stay chronological.  And then eventually getting back around to Day, Planet and the chance to finally getting a second machine gun Dalek from Death to the Daleks.  It's been quite a while waiting for that one.  And not a lot of Doctor repaints in each set.  Just good army builders.

Last edited by squishy on Mon May 18, 2020 12:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 12:27 pm

The molds for the Sarah Jane and Romana figures are intriguing. Sarah Jane from the 2nd Martha Jones figure, Romana I from Primeval's Claudia Brown figure, and Romana II from Sarah Jane Adventures Sarah figure. Not complaining, just interesting to see the re-use of molds.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 12:43 pm

If WhoNA can guarantee they are getting these in stock I will surely wait to order them.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 12:47 pm

Also, please keep this on topic.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 1:10 pm

squishy wrote:
Yes, I'll take one of each.  I'm not too concerned about the Romana head sculpt.  There were cries that Hartnell was all wrong based on photos (like 12 years ago when the line started), but once he was in hand it was general decided that his likeness was tough to capture in a single photo and the head sculpt was good.  I can't imagine that Romana (either of them) won't look lovely once I have them in-hand.

What about this History of the Daleks line?  It looks like we could look forward to The Chase and Daleks Masterplan Daleks' Mater Plan Dalek's Masterplan coming soon with Power and Evil after that if they stay chronological.  And then eventually getting back around to Day, Planet and the chance to finally getting a second machine gun Dalek from Death to the Daleks.  It's been quite a while waiting for that one.  And not a lot of Doctor repaints in each set.  Just good army builders.

Admittedly, I've seen much worse. Reminds me of the McGann Big Chief figure whose box art has a decidedly non-McGann likeness but the figure inside has the distinct profile of a McGann sibling.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 2:03 pm

TinDogRory wrote:

Admittedly, I've seen much worse. Reminds me of the McGann Big Chief figure whose box art has a decidedly non-McGann likeness but the figure inside has the distinct profile of a McGann sibling.

The Doctor is In!New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 V110

Not every CO likeness is perfect, but I've not seen any that's really terrible.  You generally know who each one is.
Back to top Go down
Drscruffs
Drscruffs

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 3:28 pm

If the quoted in the article "Official North America Doctor Who Store" is not WhoNA, then who the heck is that store?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogsoftherock.com
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:46 pm

Edited by pixletwin: please do not post links to potential business rivals. sunny
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Well, great. Might as well go out of business.

This is just looking like a very bad year for us.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 7:11 pm

I think the Romana I costume choice is odd. It's very plain. I know
there's not a lot of variety to pick from.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 7:37 pm

Who North America wrote:

I take it the BBC are not sending an allotment to WhoNA. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Drscruffs
Drscruffs

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 8:27 pm

WhoNA I really think you should reach out directly to character options. That site the official (whatever it is) just seems to be an Amazon site. Support small businesses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogsoftherock.com
Cole
Cole

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 8:33 pm

Ted47 wrote:
I think the Romana I costume choice is odd. It's very plain. I know
there's not a lot of variety to pick from.

And they still couldn't get it right. Romana I is my favorite, so this one really bums me out. Happy to get her but still. I think the head sculpt up close is great, so hoping if they spent money on a head there will be a variant or two ahead of her and they can do better.
Back to top Go down
Cole
Cole

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 8:34 pm

Who North America wrote:

Disappointing, I thought for sure you were the North American supplier referenced. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 16 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 9:50 pm

Who North America wrote:

I was also hoping you'd be the store referenced in that article. I'm sad to hear that it isn't. I'd so much rather support you guys.
Back to top Go down

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these
Page 16 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next