35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:00 pm

I notice the particular wording on the BBC response: "Cannot confirm." As opposed to "Nope, we didn't find any, sorry."
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:11 pm

When the last 2 episodes were found, it did not take long for the finds to make the major UK news sources.

That has not happened here.

To date, I have not seen any credible UK news sources run any stories on this.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:53 pm

True. But, the difference here is that, as of yet, we've not been told they have been returned to the BBC.  The idea is that these canisters are with the guy who sought them out, and he's negotiating with them for their return. That's what makes this not so cut and dried. The BBC, in that instance, would not confirm their existence until they were secured, I think, so they don't have to worry about a bidding war or something. I mean, I'm not sure they are saying this guy is asking for money. But in any case it's probably best they keep quiet about it until they possess them.

But it could all be baloney. It's just that at this point, if it's a lie, it's been constructed in a way that can't be instantly refuted.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:12 pm

Well, if it is true the BBC sure are doing some hardcore lying. Which, aren't they not allowed to do that or something? Unless it's all plausible deniability and certain people were kept in the dark.

Quote :
Radio Times subsequently queried what exactly the BBC meant by saying that it could not confirm any new finds, to which a BBC spokeswoman said: "We can't confirm because it's not true as far as I'm aware." Pressed further about whether or not the BBC was in talks with people about episodes, she said: "I don’t think so", while to the question "So there are no episodes?" she responded: "Not as far as we know."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:14 am

From Radio times -- 

So, will there be an extra special birthday present for Doctor Who fans later this year?
If the show’s 50th anniversary is not enough, there are rumours that a stash of 90 missing episodes from the 1960s have been found which would surely be enough to keep even the most ardent Whovian happy for a long time.
One secret to this apparent riddle, those in the know tell me, is the work of a company called Television International Enterprises Archives which is apparently run by a man called Phil Morris.
The company calls itself the “world’s foremost archive recovery company” and has as its motto “Preserving the past for a better future”.
Morris has allegedly been travelling the globe looking for missing gems of UK TV. It is no secret that the BBC, keen to recycle expensive tape in the1960s, wiped many episodes. Some have been found, in lofts and skips. But some were sold to other countries and according to the rumours, Morris, a diligent enthusiast of British TV, and especially Doctor Who by all accounts, has found many hours of material in, of all places, Sierra Leone.
Apparently, the BBC shipped the shows there for broadcast and while they should have been wiped once the licence ran out, they are still in good nick. Allegedly.
Does he have them?
I have left messages with Morris but so far have not heard back. He has set up a Facebook page which this month discloses that it has found an episode of The Sky At Night. Bar a few jokes from friends about finding Doctor Who he writes nothing about missing Doctor Whoepisodes.
Is the BBC in touch with him?
It won’t say, but a spokeswoman appears to pour cold water on the possibility.
“There are always rumours and speculation about Doctor Who missing episodes being discovered - however we cannot confirm any new finds,” a statement says.
Can’t confirm? What does that mean? Does this meant that it may be true but they can’t confirm or that the can’t confirm because they have no information to this effect? Can they not confirm because it isn’t true?
“We can’t confirm because it’s not true as far a I’m aware,” the spokeswoman adds.
But are they talking to Morris? Or anyone with lost episodes.
“I don’t think so?”
So there are no episodes?
“Not as far as we know.”
So there we have it.
As one superfan tells the Radio Times – “until these things turn up it is best to believe that nothing exists.”
For the moment that may be the best policy.
But you never know…

TIE Ltd have made a statement.
T.I.E.A DOES NOT HOLD ANY MISSING EPISODES OF THE LONG RUNNING DR WHO SERIES. THE ORIGINAL VIDEO TAPES WERE WIPED SUBSEQUENT FILM COPIES WERE EITHER RETURNED TO THE BBC AND SENT TO LANDFILL ODD FRAGMENTS HAVE SURFACED TWO EPISODES ON 16MM FILM BUT THATS IT. THE PROGRAMMES IN QUESTION LIKE MANY OTHERS WERE DESTROYED AS THEY HAD NO FURTHER COMMERCIAL VALUE .THEY ARE NOT MISSING BUT DESTROYED THE END.I am sorry if this upsets some people but these are the facts.I have also become aware of the tracking of some of our clients shipments these are local cultural materials sent to us for migration to a modern format as the playback equipment in the country of origin no longer exists and as such is the best road to preserve international cultural heritage .I will be making no more statements on this subject.Philip MORRIS Executive director T.i.e.a
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:34 am

As I said previously, this is almost 100% likely to be untrue, and the below totally refutes Ian Levine's earlier claims of "proof":

EDIT: I see someone else already posted Philip Morris' TIEA statement,so I just removed that lengthy statement from this post to avoid being redundant.

For those who don't know, T.I.E.A. is the company that was receiving shipment of the "large amount of film" that Ian saw as 'proof' these rumours were true. If Morris' statement above seems a little bit curt (or rude), it's probably because rabid Doctor Who fans have been hounding him about these rumours. Some have even dared to accuse him of lying about not having episodes, some have basically "stalked" him online, tracked his shipments, claimed he was extorting/blackmailing the BBC, etc. I know it would make me mad if I were the victim.

It just goes to show how literally insane (or in need of lives) some Doctor Who fans are (I count myself a fan, but not to the lengths that some choose to go).

If this was a prank (rather than just rumours snowballing out of proportion), then the hoaxster can take pride in the fact me managed not only to fool Ian Levine, but get him to call other people "liars" and end up damaging his relationships with them.

So, again, don't get yer hopes up.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:28 pm

Ah the roller coaster continues! I haven't put too much emotional investment into this, but it's been fun to dream.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Honestly I see this as a good time to look back and reflect fondly on all that we still yet have. I mean, yes large gaps are missing in the earliest years, but we still have the pilot. The fact we have the beginning should not be begrudged.

Could we wish for more? Absolutely. The Tenth Planet and The Highlanders restored to full glory would be phenomenal. Never give up hope that one day they might be recovered.

But at least we can take comfort that so much of the 50 year run isn't lost.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Plus we have the audios and a lot of telesnaps. cheers
Back to top Go down
Steve Of Destruction
Steve Of Destruction

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:48 am

"THEY ARE NOT MISSING BUT DESTROYED THE END."

Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 Chance10

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steve Of Destruction
Steve Of Destruction

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:24 am

I had a feeling that wouldn't be the end of it!

Here's the latest...

http://io9.com/dont-set-aside-a-weekend-to-watch-the-missing-doctor-w-563962198

AGAIN, just rumors, we shall have to wait and see...
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:29 am

Latest news from Outpost Skaro on Twitter.
"We can confirm Web of Fear, Enemy of the World & Marco Polo are the stories - in full - we believe to have been recovered. "
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 1:34 pm

Shocked

I desperately want this to be true, if only to have "The Enemy of the World".
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 2:46 pm

I though this was already shown to be a false story?
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 2:53 pm

That was posted today.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:21 pm

Anymore news on this yet?
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:57 pm

Wow... this nonsense just won't die.

Since the latest claim is that there will be an "Enemy of the World" trailer on the 'Terror of the Zygons' DVD, we can officially ignore this in October when we all see those dvds.

Unless there's bonus features on those "4th Doctor Time Capsule" DVDs.
Back to top Go down
D84
D84

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm tired of getting my hopes up. Until it's official from the BBC, it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:30 am

No bonus on the Time capsule Zygons DVD. Outpost Skaro have said all along they believe it to be true. But until the BBC announce it or I see proof then I will believe.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 11:39 pm

D84 wrote:
I'm tired of getting my hopes up.  Until it's official from the BBC, it didn't happen.
That's where I'm at, too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:22 am

jonwes wrote:
D84 wrote:
I'm tired of getting my hopes up.  Until it's official from the BBC, it didn't happen.
That's where I'm at, too.
snap
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 3:17 am

Snap, though I don't believe Outpost Skaro are misleading us.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I though this was already shown to be a false story?
It was. This rumour was already debunked a couple of weeks ago. Some forums (like Roobarb's) had the good sense to re-state it's a debunked rumour and close the thread, to keep it from spiraling out of control again. Ditto the posting that Bleeding Cool made about Dad's Army.

Both Outpost Skaro and Bleeding Cool have gotten it wrong on multiple occasions. I wouldn't put any confidence in anything either one has to say on the matter. Until something more "official" is ever announced, I will be skeptical of all "missing episode" news (not matter how much I'd like it to be true).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 1:55 am

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/09/dads-army-the-smoking-gun-for-doctor-who-missing-episodes/
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 2:47 am

So hey, new Dad's Army episodes! Not a bad thing, even if that's all we end up getting.
Back to top Go down

Lost episode's discovered?
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next