35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:28 pm

You know, it just hit me.....we now have The Brigadier's first episode!
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:51 pm

Well, I just watched the first episode of Enemy of the World. Amazing, amazing stuff. Some great lines. Can't believe that this is the first time people are watching this episode in 45 years.

Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:53 pm

I am trying to download and sign up for Itunes. It keeps rejecting my b-day, password and my email every time I try to log in.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:59 pm

OK, being an itunes virgin, is it usually this hard to get signed up? 10 minutes and still no password help email.......
Back to top Go down
Steve Of Destruction
Steve Of Destruction

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:01 pm

I was having problems as well, but I hadn't updated iTunes. I'm going to try again later tonight.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:01 pm

I can't say, as I haven't had to sign up for iTunes since 2004. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:12 pm

ummm...frak this. I guess I will wait for the DVD........
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:28 pm

Wow, tech support will contact me in 24-48 hours...are you serious?
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:35 pm

If they have any more episodes, maybe they're waiting for them to be prepared for release so they can tell us when we can get our mitts on them?

They probably don't want:
"We found X number of previously missing episodes!"
"YAY!"
"Yeah, you're not going to see them for a couple years..."
Back to top Go down
Steve Of Destruction
Steve Of Destruction

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:38 pm

True. We've got 2 new stories to digest. I'm fine with waiting a little longer...
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:21 pm

Ronpour, I recently had issues with my Broadchurch Season Pass and a song from a pre-ordered album that just wouldn't download. Both times Tech Support got back to me via e-mail in less than 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:31 pm

TinDogRory wrote:
Ronpour, I recently had issues with my Broadchurch Season Pass and a song from a pre-ordered album that just wouldn't download. Both times Tech Support got back to me via e-mail in less than 24 hours.
I know, but almost 2 hours later and no email to even confirm my sign up? I am really frustrated and I really hope these episodes appear some where else very soon, so I don't have to give this apple place my money.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:34 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Actually episode three is his first appearance, the one still missing. I get a feeling someone is sitting on that one.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:33 pm

WW wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
Actually episode three is his first appearance, the one still missing. I get a feeling someone is sitting on that one.
If that episode is indeed being "sat upon", I'm sure it's not out of spite, for ransom, etc. as some have dared to speculate (the sort of "bad blood" Outpost Skaro was warning us about earlier). I'm sure there would be legitimate reasons (in poor technical shape, requiring more work, still pending legal clearances/paperwork, etc) or quite simply, it wasn't there to be found.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:45 pm

OH MY GAWD I'M WATCHING ENEMY OF THE FREAKING WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:05 am

Also note that they got the episodes up on iTunes right away so you could purchase them. Another point about staggering the announcement...
Back to top Go down
Brigadier

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:44 am

Ronpur wrote:
Marvellous chap, all of him. ;-)
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:54 am

An internet retailer has listed release dates for DVDs in the UK. "Enemy" is November 25 and "Web" is February 24. "Enemy" appears to be a 2-disc set. Again, these are Region 2 releases. Steve Manfred of the Doctor Who Video FAQ site is of the opinion that the North American branch of BBC home video was not "in the loop" on the lost episodes and won't be able to turn these around as quickly over here. He predicts a Spring 2014 release at the earliest. That's still great compared to "never,"  which is where we all were a few days ago.

It seems a little ridiculous to be thinking about this, but I wonder what kind of doc features those DVDs could possibly have, particularly "Enemy." With all the secrecy surrounding their existence, it seems unlikely full-fledged "making-of" features could have been shot and edited without something leaking out. Or are these just basic DVDs, with "special editions" to follow later on?

Who would've thought we'd ever have cause to concern ourselves about special features on a "Web of Fear" DVD? Crazy, ain't it?cheers
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 1:11 am

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
Who would've thought we'd ever have cause to concern ourselves about special features on a "Web of Fear" DVD? Crazy, ain't it?cheers

I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since "Enemy" is coming to UK DVD next month, and "Web of Fear" is coming out way later in February, I can't help but wonder if the extra time is needed because they might need time to animate a certain episode 3? Maybe?
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 1:35 am

Recovered missing episodes of Doctor Who, the world’s longest running sci-fi drama are being revealed and available to view and own for the first time in over 40 years, Ten Doctor Who episodes were discovered through the tracking records of shipments made by the BBC to Africa that contained tapes for transmission. A restoration teams has re-mastered episodes 1,2 ,4, 5 & 6 from the original black and white 1960s film and subsequently gone through a frame by frame restoration to the fantastic quality that audiences expect from Doctor Who. Episode 3 has been reconstructed using stills and audio.

Would have been nice if animated to match in with the other releases with incomplete episodes
Back to top Go down
Brigadier

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 7:16 am

I can't decide if the Dr Who production team are marketing geniuses working to some great Moffat-like master plan or if they are just stumbling along making it up as they go along.

For example:

- They find a Yeti serial just after a season where the main villain has been The Great Intelligence.
- They put out Terror of the Zygons (finally) just as they are about to make their first appearance in decades.

IF I were conspiracy theorist I'd be having a field day. ;-)
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:50 am

Brigadier wrote:
I can't decide if the Dr Who production team are marketing geniuses working to some great Moffat-like master plan or if they are just stumbling along making it up as they go along.

For example:

- They find a Yeti serial just after a season where the main villain has been The Great Intelligence.
- They put out Terror of the Zygons (finally) just as they are about to make their first appearance  in decades.

IF I were conspiracy theorist I'd be having a field day. ;-)

The folks at BBC DVD had planned a long time ago that they didn't want a long string of "bad" stories to end the range on (as happened with the VHS range), so they purposely "held back" Zygons so they could "end" the range on a classic (not knowing that Enemy and Web would keep things going!), so the release of Zygons has absolutely nothing to do with the new TV episode, though it's quite possible that the reverse might be true (Moffatt knowing that Zygons would be coming out, so decided to work them into the script, etc.).
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:51 am

Well, it appears that we should all just be happy with "the nine" episodes for now and accept that the claims of a "massive haul" were probably mis-heard/invented/overstated. Steve Roberts of the Restoration Team has said that there is absolutely no evidence that any more have been located. Here's his quote, from Roobarb's Forum:

Quote :
the reality is that we just don't know if there are any more. I think we all feel that it's likely that there's more to come, but we have absolutely no evidence. Nobody has seen anything more than the episodes that have been released. That's been the most frustrating part of the omnirumour - the absolute certainty amongst those people who convinced others that they were "in the know" that there was definitely a ninety episode haul, compared to the stark reality of only ever seeing any evidence of nine.
Mr. Morris has said that his "work must continue", so in his quest to chase down other leads, maybe he'll come up with something. For now, we should all probably calm down and wait to see if anything else develops.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 9:16 am

amckinney wrote:
Steve Roberts of the Restoration Team has said that there is absolutely no evidence that any more have been located.
But, isn't that exactly what the Restoration Team has been saying this entire year about ANY missing episodes? I feel like a lot of us chose not to believe any episodes had been found simply because the RT guys kept saying they'd heard nothing!
Back to top Go down

Lost episode's discovered?
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next