35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:54 pm

i'll believe it when I see it.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:33 am

Here's a rumor-story about it:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/13/wqill-doctor-who-have-a-very-special-surprise-for-us-in-november/

Seems too good to be true in the 50th. But I want to believe.
Back to top Go down
D84
D84

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:20 am

I really hope it's true, but won't be surprised if it's not.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Well its something to look forward to until it is said to be false....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 5:24 pm

A good business decision would be to have any restoration work done prior to the announcement so that if they have anything to release they can capitalize on the news.

Either adding it to a planned release or prepping a special one would be the best way to do it business wise. That doesn't mean they will do that.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 5:57 pm

They announced Galaxy 4 and Underwater Mennace a year ahead of the release.  I don't think they'd sit on lost stories until they were ready to put them on DVD.  It's the Anniversary year and I'm sure the BBC would be looking for any excuse to get the show on the news.

Wait, we don't even know how Underwater Mennace will be released.  We're still waiting on an official announcement for the lost episode we do know that they found.

The rumor is 99.9999% untrue.
Back to top Go down
doctorwhotim
doctorwhotim

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-01-25

PostSubject: Missing Episodes Found...Well Maybe   Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:54 am

Please note that this is still a rumor until confirmed by the BBC. Whovians everywhere continue to stand in hope about the possibility of more of the missing episodes being found. A rumor it may be, but it's always a nice dream to have especially on the 50th Anniversary.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doctor-Rumor-about-Missing-Episodes-Found/18579
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:50 pm

Here is an excerpt from an article on Kasterborous, and this is from a member of the Restoration Team.

“Hi all.

Just very quickly to nip this in the bud. Someone forwarded me the text of one of these tweets and the main gist appears to be that Tenth Planet 4 was returned to the BBC last year (untrue) and the Restoration Team are working on a lost Troughton adventure (also untrue).

As far as I’m aware, Tenth Planet 4 has not been returned to the BBC (and I would surely know about it). The Restoration Team are not working on a lost Troughton and readying it for release. In fact, at the moment, nothing is being worked on, on the DW front. I should also add that nothing has been returned to the BBC in the form of a missing Doctor Who since I last posted i.e. one of the known to be lost 106 eps. Nothing has changed since I last came here to say nothing has been returned.

What I think has happened though is that someone has pooled together all the current rumours about the so called return of lost DW and is purporting to be an insider to justify his claims. Whatever the rumour, it’s an anonymous one and not based in fact. Disappointing I know, but there you go. As usual, this will be my only comment on the matter.

“I want to believe”. Yeah, right.

Regards,

Paul”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Here is an excerpt from an article on Kasterborous, and this is from a member of the Restoration Team.

“Hi all.

Just very quickly to nip this in the bud. Someone forwarded me the text of one of these tweets and the main gist appears to be that Tenth Planet 4 was returned to the BBC last year (untrue) and the Restoration Team are working on a lost Troughton adventure (also untrue).

As far as I’m aware, Tenth Planet 4 has not been returned to the BBC (and I would surely know about it). The Restoration Team are not working on a lost Troughton and readying it for release. In fact, at the moment, nothing is being worked on, on the DW front. I should also add that nothing has been returned to the BBC in the form of a missing Doctor Who since I last posted i.e. one of the known to be lost 106 eps. Nothing has changed since I last came here to say nothing has been returned.

What I think has happened though is that someone has pooled together all the current rumours about the so called return of lost DW and is purporting to be an insider to justify his claims. Whatever the rumour, it’s an anonymous one and not based in fact. Disappointing I know, but there you go. As usual, this will be my only comment on the matter.

“I want to believe”. Yeah, right.

Regards,

Paul”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:49 pm

GRRRRR 

I cant get the dang quote selection to work properly with the new upgrade of the forum.....
Back to top Go down
Indiana_Brian

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:44 pm

Then again, perhaps something is going on:

Maybe those Doctor Who missing episodes rumors are true after all?

The Doctor Who Missing Episodes Rumour Gains A Little More Weight. Three Tons Worth

Now we have to do some more waiting.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:54 pm

cheers Hey Indiana Brian, nice to see you here again!
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:58 pm

So the game is... was Ian Levine's twitter hacked or is there truth to it?
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Indiana_Brian

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:12 pm

I doubt it was hacked, but we shall still have to wait and see, but I did my dance of joy, lol.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:14 pm

I don't know what to say....

I hope its all true....

I could almost cry...
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Fair being entirely fair, there's nothing that says the film recovered contains Doctor Who episodes. It could be other programming from the BBC in that era. Or it could all be material the BBC already has copies of, thus the no "new" footage line.

Personally speaking, I'd hope at least it contained other BBC property lost to time. That era of television is mostly a gaping void thanks to early practices, and even if it doesn't turn out to be new Doctor Who, something rescued from that void era of time is better then nothing.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:25 am

Oh man...
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:41 am

How about this then.
Who News on Twitter-WhoNews@Who_News 3h
The Rumor part 3 - Missing Episodes Gains Momentum - Could Be True!!!: WOW - this is too much.

http://kotwg.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/the-rumor-part-3-missing-episodes-gains.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:00 am

I personally think it's all a load of bollocks unless someone at the BBC steps forward and makes an official announcement proclaiming something has been found.

There have been far, far too many Doctor Who missing episode hoaxes in the past, and this story, claiming enough episodes to complete 21 stories have been, coincidentally, found during the 50th anniversary year, sounds just too good to be real.

Everyone (TV Shows On DVD included) needs to take a huge pinch of salt, and just cool it. No sense getting so worked up over something that is much more likely to be false than true.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:14 am

"Back it in guys, yeah and dump it right about... here."

The salt truck is here, feel free to take a few pinches.

To quote Montgomery Scott - "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me!"

YES, I wan't all this to be true, but the old man in me feels it is too good to be true.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:42 pm

Official response from BBC Worldwide, which actually doesn't rally mean anything one way or another.

Quote :
There are always rumours and speculation about Doctor Who missing episodes being discovered, however we cannot confirm any new finds.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:42 pm

U.S. searches for Jimmy Hoffa remains, BBC searches for missing Doctor Who serials, who will get there first?
Back to top Go down
D84
D84

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:49 pm

I'd love to believe this, but can't really see it happening.  Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
SirArnold
SirArnold

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Looks like we might have some new episodes to watch   Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:10 pm

BBC lost episodes found again.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Ok.

We had three threads on this same topic, so I have merged them all into one.

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down

Lost episode's discovered?
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next