80% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

082 - Pyramids of Mars Empty
PostSubject: 082 - Pyramids of Mars   082 - Pyramids of Mars EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:34 pm

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 082 - Pyramids of Mars   082 - Pyramids of Mars EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 11:01 am

This is a really great serial! And does it live up to the hype? Yeah, I think it does! It actually feels really quite dark and serious, especial episode four. The scenes with Sutekh making the Doctor bow and the exchange between them both is chilling. Somehow they made me really care for Scarman and his brother despite them being just supporting characters. I really felt sorry for them.

The effects are also really good; they may fall flat by today's standards but they still look great. The time corridor is particularly nice. Sutekh's design is also really well done. I can understand why so many love this serial.

Great story, I've no faults to pick really. 5/5. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 082 - Pyramids of Mars   082 - Pyramids of Mars EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Quite simply, one of the greatest DW serials ever.  Its virtually flawless and thoroughly enjoyable.

Tom and Lis are at the top of their form and the guest cast, most notably Bernard Archard and Michael Sheard are outstanding.  The production design, special effects, costumes, and music are all top-notch.  The story itself drips with the gothic horror themes that producer Philip Hinchcliffe and script editor Robert Holmes were fond of doing, with The Mummy movies used in this case with a sci-fi twist, making it quintessentially Doctor Who.

Every DW fan should watch this one.  Its perfect.
Back to top Go down

082 - Pyramids of Mars
Page 1 of 1