Waters of Mars Vote_lcap2%Waters of Mars Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 41

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 7:56 am

.....premieres on November 15th on BBC1,
shortly to be followed by being posted on youtube lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 12:10 pm

Probably should've been more specific: it premieres at around 7pm BST on BBC1, and at about 10pm BST on Youtube. Waters of Mars Icon_lol But I kid the uploaders of the world: I'd go insane without them!
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:29 pm

With Demonoid down... I'm freting where I'll find my Waters of Mars... I've been sluming it on Pirate Bay and Mini Nova, which is where I find Sarah Jane currently...
Back to top Go down
http://www.christiankern.com
WhoMA_Joe
WhoMA_Joe

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:14 pm

would be nice if BBC America would show it also
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Sci-FiJoe wrote:
would be nice if BBC America would show it also

From what I understand BBC America has sole rights now.... am I right? Anyone feel free to correct me and I understand we'll see them on DVD very soon there after so we'll probably see the final 3 episodes very soon after airing...
Back to top Go down
Nocturniah
Nocturniah

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:19 pm

From BBC America's facebook page just now:

Doctor Who: The Waters of Mars airs on BBC AMERICA, Saturday December 19, 9:00pm ET/PT

Smile

Also of interest...

The BBC will release The Waters of Mars and the two-part finale on DVD and Blu-ray, Tuesday, February 2, 2010. Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead is already available on DVD and Blu-ray. Releasing on February 2 are:

- Doctor Who: The Waters of Mars – DVD
- Two-part special (2-disc release) – DVD
- Doctor Who: Specials Collection (5-disc release) – DVD - contains The Next Doctor, Planet of the Dead, Waters of Mars and the two-part finale
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
JohnPertwee
JohnPertwee

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:42 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
.....premieres on November 15th on BBC1,
shortly to be followed by being posted on youtube lol!

Same night The Prisoner airs on AMC...

As for Demonoid, there are other places to find the show.
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:48 pm

I'm aware of that but to me in my humble opinion was one of the best torrent sites.
Back to top Go down
JohnPertwee
JohnPertwee

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:01 pm

I hope it returns by the 15th.
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:05 pm

I doubt it will saddly... It'll be back but not so soon I imagine
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Just watched it! Would love to know what others who've seen it thought?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:49 pm

Not bad. A little cheesy in places but entertaining nonetheless. I say it was on par with Planet of the Dead. Good fun, but no classic.
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:52 pm

I didn't care for Planet of the Dead and this episode was so-so but the ending... it was very McCoy New Adventure style Doctor and that I could get into and I do believe he referenced a Doctor Who Monthly comic strip at one point!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:15 pm

I sort of have to not judge this too early yet- because it is really a trilogy. As for the ending- not to get on a soapbox but this is a little to harsh for a "children's t.v. show." Oh Doctor Who excels at scaring the pants off of people- that I do love, but I am a little too unsettled by the let's go all dark and batmanny. It is great that they have explored the Doctor's actions= a cost...but he in an odd way comes off as a villain. I don't like it when they keep pummeling the Doctor...some times they go a little too far.
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:17 am

Christian wrote:
With Demonoid down... I'm freting where I'll find my Waters of Mars... I've been sluming it on Pirate Bay and Mini Nova, which is where I find Sarah Jane currently...

The Demonoid thing had me worried too, but turns out Mini Nova had it tonight. I haven't had a chance to watch it but I downloaded it and it's waiting for me on my AppleTV for tomorrow night, can't wait!

Good 'ol "Mad Martha" as she chooses to be named, has been my "go-to" torrent for all my Who needs from day one and she's never let me down yet. Just look for [MM] in the torrent name to know that it's the best possible version.

As a U.S. fan, who doesn't get BBC America, it's the only way to get my new WHO fix until the eventual DVD release. Thank heaven for her!
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:19 am

Oh I love Mad Martha! I was turned onto a site called the box here by another forum member and I waited all day for it to go up and seeded the heck out of that!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:24 am

I have never been as frightened by a Doctor Who episode as much as I was by Waters of Mars.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:27 am

Christian wrote:
Oh I love Mad Martha! I was turned onto a site called the box here by another forum member and I waited all day for it to go up and seeded the heck out of that!

You want it quick get on the Usenet. It finished airing in the UK at 3pm my time. I started watching it in Canada at 3:23.

Watched it twice more (well, the last time was more of a highlight viewing). Not crazy about the suicide at the end. Had my kids asking some awkward questions. Self-sacrifice is one thing, but that was too much. You can argue is was self-sacrifice, but to blow your own brains out because someone you just met told you it needs to happen?

And if she hadn't offed herself, would the Reapers from Father's Day have shown up?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 12:11 pm

I liked it. LIKE being the operative word. I think it was definitely a step-up from the last two specials. And not just because it was "dark" either. I like dark stuff but I actually usually enjoy the frothier Who episodes too like Partners in Crime. The thing is, I just thought the Cyberman episode and Planet of the Dead were boring. It felt like more of the same and felt a little tired.

I think this episode started a bit like that. The realization of Mars was gorgeous though! That really kept me going through some of it. I enjoyed Gadget and the Doctor's reaction to it.

It was fun to see new Who do a more Star Trek-like future. It was certainly more grounded, but not as dingy as the Satan Pit era we're used to.

It was fairly creepy (the realization of the cracked-mouth water things was very creepy and effective) although I had to laugh a little as the hoses hidden in the crew's sleeves squirted water. Only because Saturday Night Live used a similar technique in some barf sketches back in the day.

I found Adelaide to be interesting... but you never really got to know her that well. Oh... and after the seventh crew member's bio came up with "Died 2059" or whatever I wanted to scream "I GET IT! MOVE ON! THEY ALL DIE! I GET IT!"

About the ending... I love the turn the Doctor took. I really do. It just made sense - all the way Tennant's introduction and just sort of sitting there in the background... the potential was there. And it made sense for it to happen now - of all times - when the Doctor has been without a companion for a long time. I think once and for all it will answer the question - why does the Doctor have companions? Why risk their lives? The answer will be... because the alternative is far worse.

But the suicide? I will say... I was a bit shocked that it happened in a "family" show. On Torchwood it was brutal... and here it was no less brutal... but seemed somehow "wrong." But I think that was sort of the point. It was a horrible thing that never should happen on Doctor Who... and it did because of the Doctor's actions (more or less.) So I think, for storytelling purposes, it made sense. It'll be interesting to see what the reaction is to this by parents.

One thing... I wish the Doctor hadn't been made to be remorseful so quickly. I actually wish we'd gotten an episode or two of the Time Lord Victorious before he was squashed down because it would have been interesting to see the Doctor come very close to being the villain.

I thought the Ood thing was interesting... shades of The Watcher from Logopolis?
Back to top Go down
weird

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Hi Everyone. First time posting here.

I too sort of liked the episode. It reminded me of when the 6th Doctor (Colin Baker) was on trial. If I remember correctly, one of the people there, I believe it was Valeyard, was the last incarnation of the Doctor who had turned evil. Water Of Mars could be the beginning or a glimpse of the Doctor's road to evil.

The only thing that bothered me about this episode, was close to the end, where the Doctor used the drone to fetch the TARDIS. I thought the drone had gone through the water before it went outside. Doesn't that mean that there would be some remnants of the water on the drone?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:55 am

I really liked the episode too. It was less about the actual alien baddies, and more a character piece on the Doctor. The end was very chilling. I can't wait until Christmas!
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:59 am

Really good episode -- scary on multiple levels, and the Doctor was terrifyingly awesome! Except for the regeneration bit at the end, I am so looking forward to the final episodes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:30 pm

Great stuff. Definitely my favorite of all the Specials. While there's only a month between this and the next, the wait will feel like the longest.

Nice name drop of one of my favorite classic aliens too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:21 pm

weird wrote:
It reminded me of when the 6th Doctor (Colin Baker) was on trial. If I remember correctly, one of the people there, I believe it was Valeyard, was the last incarnation of the Doctor who had turned evil. Water Of Mars could be the beginning or a glimpse of the Doctor's road to evil.

Exactly what I thought after watching this episode! You have to wonder, when you're 902 years old and the last remaining Time Lord, you'd think at one point you'd simply say "screw it, I'm a Time Lord and I can bloody well do what I want!"

And I think what Jonwes also said is spot-on, THIS is what happens when The Doctor travels alone for too long. He needs a companion to keep him in check.

It reminds me a lot of what the Doctor said to Rose when he left her with "Doctor Two" at the end of "Last of the Time Lords". I don't remember the quote exactly but it was like...

"That's me when we first met, full of anger and revenge. You made me better".

And that's what his companions do, they make him a better person. Deep down he KNOWS he has more power at his command than any one person should have, and his companions keep him in check (I.E. Donna in "The Runaway Bride" stopping him from killing the Empress of the Racnoss and by extension, himself as seen in "Turn Left").

During the specials, it seems that he's sworn off traveling with a companion. After whatever events transpire in the last two specials, he will realize that he HAS to have someone at his side, which is why he choses Amy Pond.

It also seems he's freaking out a bit now since he knows he's going to "die" soon. I think most of his other "deaths" were fairly unexpected, so he had no time to dwell on it as long as he as this time around.

Anyway, great episode. Best of the specials so far. Definitely brought The Doctor closer to the "dark side" than we've ever seen before. However, I don't think the Valeyard necessarily is what The Doctor WILL become rather what he MAY become if left alone too long. We'll see I guess.
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Waters of Mars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waters of Mars   Waters of Mars EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:26 pm

The only time I know of the Doctor had know it was going to happen was Logopolis, the Watcher had warned the Doctor of what was about to happen.

As for everything else, you're spot on, this was so a Virgin New Adventure waiting to happen. It was like watching the McCoy Doctor from the novels.
Back to top Go down

Waters of Mars
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next