22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

General Star Trek thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:04 pm

I remember those!!
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:11 pm

I wasn't born until 1981, but I remember V'ger creeped me out the first time i saw the movie. I think I was like 4 or so. It was just this massively powerful thing. Then I fell asleep through most of the movie. I still have to fight that urge when I re-watch it.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:26 am

Oh, wow... I remember that. Was that on the side of the box?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Calixar wrote:
The comics were on the back side of the box. I got the blue ring they gave away. I think I only got one happy meal but might have had more.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:34 pm

mattmanw54301 wrote:
I wasn't born until 1981, but I remember V'ger creeped me out the first time i saw the movie. I think I was like 4 or so. It was just this massively powerful thing. Then I fell asleep through most of the movie. I still have to fight that urge when I re-watch it.
Well, to me, it's my favorite of the Trek films, it feels the most Trekian, as in venturing into the unknown. And then we never got any of that until 1987 when TNG came out. Problem is that trek films especially seem to rely too much on villains of the week instead of something better. Tired of Trek films just being stuff blowing up every few minutes.

The script to "In Thy Image" was even more interesting, too, I think. I might even have a go with the memory wall sequence with my 3D programs once I do the research.

Also, TNG's "The Child" was based on a Phase 2 script, and James Cawley of the Phase 2 Trek fan series did an excellent take on that one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OJH3DdM0fI

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:52 pm

Don't get me wrong. I love TMP. But it does have pacing issues. I still love the story, the FX, the dialogue, etc.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:47 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Calixar wrote:
The comics were on the back side of the box. I got the blue ring they gave away. I think I only got one happy meal but might have had more.

I remember a red ring. I still have the mini-board game they gave away one week.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:50 am

I would like to get all the boxes again.

I MISS MY CHILDHOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:56 am

And we go to box #2

General Star Trek thread - Page 5 Trek_h12
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:14 am

mattmanw54301 wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I love TMP. But it does have pacing issues. I still love the story, the FX, the dialogue, etc.
Pace was fine with me. I like a not so fast pace. I think films like TMP have become a lost art.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:50 am

The trip inside the cloud could've been trimmed. Bit of an understatement there.

Whoosier, do you know any more about that comics art? Are we thinking it came from Marvel since they were doing the adaptation?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:11 pm

The box art was commissioned for the happy meal line. There is a comic site and I have to find it again, they discuss the different versions of the star trek comics over the years. I really liked the Marvel run of books over the DC one.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Back then, when i was four, this was the first Star Trek toy that i had. Not that i collected much Trek since, generally the plastic kits.
General Star Trek thread - Page 5 4581001963bc193c9461o

My eldest brother who was a mega sci fi and aifcraft modeller used to build these all the time. I remember in '79 he built full scale models of V.I.N.C.E.N.T and K-9, which to this day i wish were photographed for they looked amazing.
The Motion Picture and Dr Who 'Weetabix' promotions were fondly remembered by my family.
I'm always looking out for the box for this and it's darn RARE!
The cards seem easy to find but i love the boxes for those happy days of my childhood.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:53 pm

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
The trip inside the cloud could've been trimmed. Bit of an understatement there.
I rather enjoyed it. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:59 pm

I usually hit fast forward.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Rust wrote:
I usually hit fast forward.

I stop paying attention as soon as Spock fixes the warp drive Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:57 pm

Let's take a trip!

General Star Trek thread - Page 5 Tmp13_10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:56 pm

General Star Trek thread - Page 5 Tmp15_10
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:19 am

Sleep Sleep Sleep

Razz
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Actually, in a dark room, watching this on a 42inch HDTV with S/Speakers, listening to Mr. Goldsmith's gripping soundtrack while we witness gorgeous tracking shots of the Enterprise and POV angles, make THIS a very pleasurable film.
I also find this film with one of the best film music soundtracks ever made, Horner's just as memorable but this makes me thrilled whenever i hear it on TNG.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:08 pm

Look, a Borg city ! Or is that the Cylons?

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:10 pm

General Star Trek thread - Page 5 Atrek_10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:13 pm

General Star Trek thread - Page 5 Aatrek10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:14 pm

"Mr Sulu, switch over to the scyfy channel, see if Lost in Space is showing."
General Star Trek thread - Page 5 Amrsul10
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:40 pm

"I can't, Sir, but i'm receiving signals from someone who is calling himself 'Rocketman' and he's opened all clearings on visual channels".
Capt Kirk= "Oops!, Umm, just keep the viewer ahead"
Back to top Go down

General Star Trek thread
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next