Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

Possible Star Trek TV Reboot???? Empty
PostSubject: Possible Star Trek TV Reboot????   Possible Star Trek TV Reboot???? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:24 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=54044

Just read this & don't know what to think!!!!!!???
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Possible Star Trek TV Reboot????   Possible Star Trek TV Reboot???? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:58 pm

I wish they had gone and done something with JMSs treatment for a new ST series a few years back.

This doesn't inspire much confidence for me. Ive read the Munster premise and I think it is gonna be a disaster.

In general, I am not a Singer fan. I didn't like any of the X movies he did, nor his Supes reboot. If he is just producing, that can be ok. Writing or directing though- to me he has had more misses than hits, especially with the fanboy genres.

Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Possible Star Trek TV Reboot????   Possible Star Trek TV Reboot???? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:06 am

We don't need any reboots. I'm so sick and tired of the idea that EVERYTHING has to be remade and rehashed. Very rarely are they better than the originals, and it's just downright LAZY. I say do something original for a change, plus I am not thrilled about taking the past 40+ years of Trek, flushing it down the toilet, and replacing it with what will probably become nothing of what Trek actually was all about, we're probably going to get more crap like JJ has and is going to spew out again, soon, which, to me, has been nothing but Michael Bay-esque popcorn action flicks, with no sense of story telling, acting or substance, just overused CG, Double-D's flopping around, and explosions every minute or two. Rolling Eyes

I'd prefer a Trek series that either takes off from whatever happened past Nemesis (Even after the Romulas destruction, so long as it's happening in the original universe, and not the Star War-ified rebooted/alternate universe JJ invented), or several decades after Nemesis. alien

Reboots are evil. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Possible Star Trek TV Reboot????   Possible Star Trek TV Reboot???? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:04 am

I don't know if this is meant to be a reboot, but I hope not. I doubt if they let him go back to original time-line,since it would be too confusing to some of the general public, poor sods.

As for Singer, having never read X-men, I did not mind his movies, but having Superman fathering Lois lanes child........that ruined the movie for me, almost as much as having Spock and Uhura a couple!
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Possible Star Trek TV Reboot????   Possible Star Trek TV Reboot???? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I don't know if this is meant to be a reboot, but I hope not. I doubt if they let him go back to original time-line,since it would be too confusing to some of the general public, poor sods.

As for Singer, having never read X-men, I did not mind his movies, but having Superman fathering Lois lanes child........that ruined the movie for me, almost as much as having Spock and Uhura a couple!
To heck with the general public, everything's catered to their stupidity, and we get little or nothing. And if the general public can handle LOST, which was one of those shows that should have died as soon as it began, I am sure they can handle universe hopping.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Possible Star Trek TV Reboot????   Possible Star Trek TV Reboot???? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:53 pm

I doubt anyone has to worry about it even happening, especially if it being greenlit is contingent on the success of Mockingbird Lane, which sound doomed to fail (and not just because it's for NBC).
Back to top Go down

Possible Star Trek TV Reboot????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: