Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??

Go down 
+3
CGren123
Scary
SeaDevil
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? Empty
PostSubject: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:50 am

I knew that Samuel West was in a Doctor Who story but I thought it was one of those ones that never saw the light of day or something, then this turned up:

Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? Tumblr_m1g8htDoaC1qfigugo1_500

~
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:03 am

That was from Dimensions in Time, a Children in Need special in 1993, which was a crossover with EastEnders.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Ohhh interesting! I like his outfit in that. It's so... almost... Highlander! lol

Have you seen this one?
~
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Yeah. Its awful. EastEnders and Doctor Who don't mix. Still, it was cool to see so many Doctors, companions, and baddies all together.

But it was awful.

God awful.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:51 pm

Poor Samuel West then, being in something so awful. He still looks, interesting in it. I'd probably be curious on seeing it just for him.

~
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Haven't heard of this special 'til now. I like Eastenders (Watching it right now Razz), so even if it's awful then I might take a look. At the very least it'll be something to laugh at. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Both parts are up on Youtube. Check out if you're brave. (It is really quite bad.)

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:03 pm

I might just stick to watching Samuel West in "Horatio Hornblower" because then that'll give me an excuse to jump ahead and sigh over the Eighth Doctor being a brilliant officer in her Majesty's Royal Navy.
~
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:52 pm

You are better off not watching it, it was not too good.
Also, if you want Eastenders, were not some of them killed in The Stolen Earth?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Pfft I've wound up liking things that a lot of people hate.

It's the story of my life, really.

I reserve judgment until I watch it.
~
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:05 pm

I will say this about DiT. It was great to see Tom as the 4th Doctor again.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:07 pm

I'd like to amend this story. This story isn't bad if you don't take it very seriously.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:07 pm

I would say that anything with Samuel West is going to be awesome, but I learned from Paul McGann's filmography that that isn't always true. No matter how good an actor is, sometimes... the movie just plain sucks.

However, I have yet to watch something with Samuel West that was bad. Even if I hated his character in "Albert Schweitzer" I still loved the movie. Plus, I have a feeling that his character in this would either be sassy or a villain, or maybe both... which would be awesome.
~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:09 pm

One thing people havent mentioned yet is that it was shown in 3D! Yes! Doctor Who was leading the way yet again, and noone gives him any credit for it. They used the pulfritch effect, which uses horizontal movement to achieve the effect. And yes, that is Miss Brahms from are you being served as one of the Eastenders.

I dont have a problem with it since it was done for charity and the Beeb werent going to do anything proper. As Sylvester McCoy is heard to have said, "The BBC can't get the show back on for love or money, but JN-T calls us and we all show up with smiles on!"

This thing was a logistical nightmare, to get all those people and film all that material in such a short span of time is something to be admired. I have always hoped they could have worked out some way for it to be released properly so we could see it, even as a charity sale it would be a nice moneymaker.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:15 pm

"I've traveled to the year 2010. You're still on television."

He is as well. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 11:55 pm

considering its only 15min long and the amount of stars from Doctor whos past I think it was very good.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:42 am

It really is kind of cool,to see so many with their quick cameos. And it is the only time 6 meets the Brig on TV!
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:36 pm

I remember about a year prior to the show's 30th anniversary the media were looking forward to an actual special which would be big as the' Five Doctors ' and it looked promising. I actually kept buying the DW magazine every month to find out what were the occurring events to the build up. It then came down to about 6/7 months to the deadline and it all collasped. The bang was down to delayments and a certain Mr. Yentob. The Who Fandom were soon after him and eventually we got this! But it's now watchable for seeing the original cast back then.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Thanks for the link, davro!

After watching it again, courtesy of davro's link, it's not as bad as I remembered it being. Hmmmm.

(I don't own a copy of it and hadn't seen it in ages)
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:19 pm

masterkhan wrote:
I remember about a year prior to the show's 30th anniversary the media were looking forward to an actual special which would be big as the' Five Doctors ' and it looked promising. I actually kept buying the DW magazine every month to find out what were the occurring events to the build up. It then came down to about 6/7 months to the deadline and it all collasped. The bang was down to delayments and a certain Mr. Yentob. The Who Fandom were soon after him and eventually we got this! But it's now watchable for seeing the original cast back then.

The Dark Dimension?
It would have been amazing!!
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dark_Dimension
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:37 am

Yeah, that's the one. Even when the TV Movie was being in the pipeline alot of fans had their doubts if it would happen. Eventually when the image of the actor to play the new Doctor showed up on the front of many newspapers we all gave a massive sigh of relief The only thing that irritated me was with the better budget i thought their would be a bit more milage from McCoy playing the role for more stories. Then again this happened in Nu Who cleverly without the appearance of the 8th Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 11:31 am

Wonder if the proposed 50th episodes will be a multi Doctor affair like this (only NOT as rubbish & cheap looking?!!) Laughing
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??   Which classic episode is this from?  The Rani?? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:38 pm

After just rewatching it on kind Davro's link i'll be watching 'Eastenders' tonight and when Mandy shows up i'll be thinking that babe is a part of 'Who's history. She's one of favourites. LOL!
Back to top Go down

Which classic episode is this from? The Rani??
Page 1 of 1