Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

The Mind Robber & The Mark of the Rani Empty
PostSubject: The Mind Robber & The Mark of the Rani   The Mind Robber & The Mark of the Rani EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 3:26 pm

I just got this DVD the other day, and finished the special features today. What a great story! Very entertaining. I was wondering why Jamie's face was different for that one part (the "real" reason), and was glad to have the answer in the featurette about the story. I don't want to say too much in case someone like me had never seen the story before Wink

I also got "The Mark of the Rani" a week ago, another great romp. The Rani's TARDIS is great... was it ever shown again? The featurette said that they decided to keep the set.

I have this crazy idea to get caught up on the DVD releases by purchasing one every two weeks. I'm thinking about getting some of the older DVDs which seem to be lower in price, just in case they're discontinued for some stupid reason. I'm thinking that "Carnival of Monsters" will be the next DVD I get...
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: The Mind Robber & The Mark of the Rani   The Mind Robber & The Mark of the Rani EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 1:27 pm

The Rani did make one other TV appearance, McCoy's first story, Time and the Rani, not a highlight of the series run.

Anyway, they did show the Rani's TARDIS, but I recall it being different. Been a long while since I watched that one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Mind Robber & The Mark of the Rani   The Mind Robber & The Mark of the Rani EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 6:09 pm

It wa a cso backdrop. they did have a storage order for the set when it was originally consturcted. Maybe the T-Rex really did a number on the wallpaper and carpet before it died from all the time spillage. I heard that is a detail mentioned in the novelization.

I have a full set of the archives. Very great way to find out fun facts on the series.
Back to top Go down

The Mind Robber & The Mark of the Rani
Page 1 of 1