48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
D4L3K
D4L3K

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Big Chief products - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 1:32 am

Tell who? FedEx?
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 12:39 pm

D4L3K wrote:
So question. Did FedEx bill anyone else here for international tax on shipping? I couldn't believe I got a bill in the mail from Fedex over 15.00. They shipped Tom Baker to the wrong address, wrong apartment complex, had someone else sign for it at the wrong address and luckily that person at that address was nice to come to my place and give it to me. FedEx never even delivered. Should I tell one of them to remove that bill?

That's pretty poor service from FedEx!

I only got charged before the retailer shipped my order, and by the retailer. Shipping and the figure together were combined into one charge on my credit card.

I was curious about international shipping and import duties myself. I'd thought this was covered by the shipping one pays to the retailer for international shipping.

FedEx sent you get a charge after the shipment? Did it say anything about import duties or fees?
Back to top Go down
D4L3K
D4L3K

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 1:04 pm

Yeah it arrived as a bill from fedex 2 weeks later or so. Import fees etc.
And I thought that was part of shipping fees covered as well.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 1:11 pm

Ten years ago to the day an old friend returned to our TV screens. Memorably portrayed by Christopher Eccleston, the Doctor came back into our lives to save humankind all over again. In celebration of the return of the world’s favourite time traveller, BIG Chief Studios are pleased to announce that the next collector figure will be the quite brilliant Ninth Doctor. Stayed tuned for future updates...

Big Chief products - Page 19 11059677_10153854234861002_8555105225686390004_n
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 1:26 pm

I knew this year was the 10th anniversary, but I couldn't recall the exact debut date. So it's March 26th?

Thanks for the reminder.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 2:39 am

Here's a great interview with Big Chief:
http://dwafo.com/big-chief-studios-exclusive-interview

It seems that Captain Jack is planned for next year, and that the 8th Doctor might be coming, based on the hint at the end of the article.
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 9:56 am

Yesterday I notice a notice from Big Chief to check my account balance for the Tom Baker grinning head. It stated I still needed to 12 pounds for shipping. I settled the account.

this morning I got a notice from FedEx that the package is being processed.

With any luck, I may get the grinning head come next week!

Now to wait for the police box replica to be finalized.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 10:09 am

Redfern wrote:
Yesterday I notice a notice from Big Chief to check my account balance for the Tom Baker grinning head.  It stated I still needed to 12 pounds for shipping.  I settled the account.

this morning I got a notice from FedEx that the package is being processed.

With any luck, I may get the grinning head come next week!

Now to wait for the police box replica to be finalized.

Sincerely,

Bill

Woohoo!  Thanks for your post.  Thanks to you I just popped over to BigChief's site and my shipping too! I'm grinning like a tiny plastic Tom Baker head!
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 1:37 pm

My email said it should arrive tomorrow!

Just waiting for the Eccleston pre-order to come up...
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 1:45 pm

I looked at the e-mail again. It was so oddly "spaced" that I didn't read it that closely the first time.

But having stated what yours listed, I now see mine is estimated for a Friday delivery.

Dang!

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:17 am

I got mine. I think the new portrait looks even better than the promo photos Big Chief posted.  I'm also glad to see there's no 5 O'Clock shadow on the production head! Yippie!

The problem is I can't get it on my figure! Every time I pull the old head off, the neck post comes with it and, to paraphrase Kylie Minogue, I just can't get it out of the head!  I wish the new portrait came with an extra neckpost. Argh!

Anybody got any ideas on how to safely remove it without damaging the post or the head?
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 12:49 pm

This page (42) of a thread discussing the Big Chief products at Gallifrey Base offers a few suggestions...

http://gallifreybase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158598&page=42

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 6:59 pm

I used a hair dryer and plyers, but the idea of a hair dryer and then tying something around the peg to yank it out sounds good, if you're strong enough. I had to use the side of the tweezers to get enough leverage because it was REALLY hard to get out.

Big Chief products - Page 19 11214210
Back to top Go down
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 10:35 am

Thanks for the tips Bill and Jonwes! I'll try again. The string trick sounds handy.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 3:04 am

Did anyone see the 1:6 scale Weeping Angel polystone statue/figurine? Interchangeable arms and heads. Pricey but looks fantastic!
Back to top Go down
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 1:23 pm

WooHoo!  Big Chief just billed me for shipping my Season7 11th Doctor!

They're facebook page advises e-mails went out about this, but many people (myself included) didn't get one. If anybody here has one pre-ordered, you might check your BC account!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 12:22 am

Very happy with this guy.

Big Chief products - Page 19 18920336613_a80631ab8f_z
Back to top Go down
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Looking good. I got mine yesterday. I can't believe it was just 24 hours from being shipped from the UK!

This is a really fantastic piece!

My Matt Smith head has a tiny white mark on his right temple, but it's barely noticeable. And I admit, it took me a while to figure out how to get 'Handles' to light up!

My only complaint is about the interior lining of the vest being visible where it buttons together. I wish they'd just made it all one color. I'm going to keep tinkering with it to see if I can hide the seem, because it makes his outfit look a bit sloppy. Otherwise the clothes look great (I love the subtle texture on the coat!) and having an extra bow-tie is nice too!

Overall I think this is a fantastic figure. The likeness is and paint job are fantastic, the alternate hairstyle/fez look great and integrate very nicely into the head. His glasses sort of fit on his face (better than my Hartnell or Tennant's glasses fit on their faces). With Handles and the extra Capaldi head included, it's a very good value.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 2:38 pm

Big Chief products - Page 19 Attachment
Back to top Go down
stetsons_are_cool7
stetsons_are_cool7

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 6:04 pm

For those who are interested, here are a few photos of the new Matt Smith with Stetson head.

Big Chief products - Page 19 11DocHat01

Big Chief products - Page 19 11DocHat02
Back to top Go down
http://creativecritic.blogspot.com/
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 7:01 pm

My 12" Doctor came today! Looks great! It has a new body type, different shoulder joints. The forearms come out far too easily...mine came out when I tried to bend the arm and I had to spend ages trying to get his coat and cartigan off to get to the joint to see if it was broken. Luckily it wasn't.

Broken stand...again! It also comes with a disclaimer sticker on the box stating that the cardboard inserts for the shrunken TARDIS are too thick and will get stuck unless you thin them out yourself (!).

That's 5 down, 1 on order and 6 (or 7, if you count War Dr.) to go...

I believe after #9, #8 is next.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 11:14 pm

Was gone all weekend, so I just picked these up today from Fedex. darn I love these. I did do a total redress of 12 and he looks great that way. Haven't done it to 10 but he might not need it. Bodies on both are tight, thankfully. Stands stay together but just barely. Overall, I really love these guys though. I wish I had a second open left hand. I love it on Capaldi but also love it as the "Walking"'hand with the TARDIS. Still, the "giving Clara the sonic" pose is also fun.

Big Chief products - Page 19 12193710

Big Chief products - Page 19 11222010

Big Chief products - Page 19 12227610

Big Chief products - Page 19 12241610

Big Chief products - Page 19 12234910
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 10:20 pm

Lookin' good.
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 5:40 pm

Tennant is horrible, looks like his teeth have been pulled....
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 9:37 pm

SJA wrote:
Tennant is horrible, looks like his teeth have been pulled....

Not really.
Back to top Go down

Big Chief products
Page 19 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next