JohnPertwee
Ronpur
Who North America
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 7:37 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
Anyone got ideas on where I can find an old toy tv? Cause I want to make a custom Atraxi in the Tv screen from The Eleventh Hour. Very Happy cheers

http://www.whona.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=5connolly&Category_Code=cotoys

Try Ebay as well, and try to stick to sellers who live in the US or at least ship to the US.

~

ok thanks. think dollar stores may have one?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 7:43 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
Anyone got ideas on where I can find an old toy tv? Cause I want to make a custom Atraxi in the Tv screen from The Eleventh Hour. Very Happy cheers

http://www.whona.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=5connolly&Category_Code=cotoys

Try Ebay as well, and try to stick to sellers who live in the US or at least ship to the US.

~

The Dollar Trees around me do not carry anything like that. It does have some doll furniture, and some you might be able to get away with for 5" scale, but mostly it's for the 3 3/4" scale toys.
~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 7:54 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:

~

The Dollar Trees around me do not carry anything like that. It does have some doll furniture, and some you might be able to get away with for 5" scale, but mostly it's for the 3 3/4" scale toys.
~

That's fine for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 8:07 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:

~

~

No tvs though.

~
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Any one know where I can get A print off of the The eleventh doctor tardis tweaks? like the black windows, and St John's ambulance badge?
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 9:41 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/bluepeter/thingstodo/makeit/tardisfeeder
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Thanks for the link. Very Happy also, what skin tone matches the tenth doctors head from the 11 doctors set/end of time tenth doc?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Invisible Supreme wrote:
what skin tone matches the tenth doctors head from the 11 doctors set/end of time tenth doc?
Games Workshop Citadel paints, Elf Flesh colour.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:38 pm

rdks wrote:
Invisible Supreme wrote:
what skin tone matches the tenth doctors head from the 11 doctors set/end of time tenth doc?
Games Workshop Citadel paints, Elf Flesh colour.
Thanks, are those paints only sold in the games workshop stores, or do otherplaces carry them too?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Invisible Supreme wrote:
are those paints only sold in the games workshop stores, or do other places carry them too?
Not sure. Where I live there is a severe shortage of hobby shops so I buy them online.
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Well, I just had a look. The Cyberman arm has a very different joint. The arm has a ball with a slit in it, that has a little peg in the middle of the slit. The peg fits in a ring that rotates it the shoulder. It came out really easy, but doesn't go back in to easy. Actually it does now, the little peg broke off. He now has re-attaching arm!

Here is a quick little sketch of the joint:
Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 Arm

The ball is actually rotated 90 degrees to show the slit. You would see it from the top of the arm, not a front view.

Ronpur can you post pics of the Cyberman with the arm off? and how easy is it to remove and replace?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:07 pm

Um, actually, no. He has been used up for spare parts.....
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:48 pm

I boil-popped a Cybus arm off. It came out intact and quite easily. Didn't try putting it back in though.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 4:23 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:

~

~

If you try garage sales, I know that in the late 1980's, there was a television accessory for the Playhouse in the Pee-Wee's Playhouse line, in that scale. However, the screen had a silvery, hologram style stick on it. I also think there was a television accessory made for the Real Ghost Busters and the first TMNT lines. So, if you see any garage sales or second hand shops, take a looksie in there, you might find what you'd be looking for. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 4:39 pm

^ Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:36 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Um, actually, no. He has been used up for spare parts.....

No problem, at least knowing it can be done is enough. I'll figure out the rest.

rdks wrote:
I boil-popped a Cybus arm off. It came out intact and quite easily. Didn't try putting it back in though.

Also good to know. Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:22 am

I'm having a problem with a custom, hopefully someone can help.

I'm doing a figure that required a lot of sanding to the legs. In the process of sanding I had to move the legs around in all sorts of positions. During this the joint where the legs meet the hip became quite loose. The figure now bends over a little when stood up, like he's bowing.

I need to know the best way to stiffen it so this doesn't happen.

One problem is I've added a significant amount of greenstuff to the outside of the upper legs, so I can't fully open the legs to access the joint. They open some, but not all the way.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is driving me crazy. I've worked long and hard on this guy and don't want to have to change & redo the legs because of this (and chop up another figure to provide new legs).

EDIT - Nevermind, fixed it. The figure has a tunic that extends down the legs, once I put that on it stops him from bowing.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Here's a tutorial for anyone who need to either repair a broken arm peg, or wants to swap arms that aren't compatible. Sculpting clay (greenstuff or milliput) is required, as is a knife and a drill with 2 different bits, and 2 screws.

Apologies for the picture quality, my camera is on the fritz and won't focus properly.

To start off, I want to put the Simms Master's arms on Tennant's body. They don't fit right so this mod is necessary.

Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 Img_2039

On the left is Simm's arms, on the right are Tennant's, and Tennant's body is in the middle. Tennant's torso has been split to remove the arms. Boil and pop isn't recommended for this.

Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 Img_2040

Above I've removed the arm pegs with a knife. Try and make the cut as straight and flush as possible.

Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 Img_2041

Above I've drilled a hole all the way through the arm. Start the hole on the side the peg was on to make sure you get it in the center of where the peg was. I used a small bit that was slightly smaller than the screw I'd be using. Make sure you drill straight.

Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 Img_2042

Here I've drilled through the peg with the same drill bit. I accidentally went all the way through, but you don't need to, just make sure you've given yourself enough depth. Again, drill in the center and as straight as possible.

Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 Img_2043

Above I've drilled into the outside of the arm with a bigger drill bit. This is a recess for the screw head to sit in so it doesn't stick out. You only need to drill as deep as the screw head is thick. Use the smaller hole as a guide.

Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 Img_2045

Here the screw has been inserted into the arm.

Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 Img_2046

Now you simply screw the peg onto the screw. You can add a dab of glue to give it strength if you want but I found it wasn't necessary.

Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 Img_2047

And voila! Simms' arm on Tennant's body, and it works perfectly.

Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 Img_2048

Here you can see the screw on the outside of the arm. A smudge of your favourite modeling clay to cover it up and a quick paint and you'll never know it's there.

That's it, that's all. Hope this helps someone. I know I've wanted to swap arms on a few figures only to find they don't fit each other. I've also broken a few pegs off when trying to boil-pop arms off. This is a quick solution I found, and after a little practice can be done in under 5 minutes.

Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:37 am

so i had an idea to swap regereation simms arms on my pom tom to give tom the classic jacketless white sleved arm look, so my question is has anyone delt with these arms and whats the best way to get them out and swap them back in. thanks in advance jon.
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Ginger

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:50 pm

From the Citadel paints available from games workshop what colors or color mix is a good match for Mickey and Martha’s skin? Question
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Ginger wrote:
From the Citadel paints available from games workshop what colors or color mix is a good match for Mickey and Martha’s skin? Question

From what I have heard, there isn't one. You will have to mix your own.
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Ginger

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks Ronpur, I was hoping it would be easy like elf flesh or mithril sliver.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 4:48 pm

Hey I wanna try and make an Idris figure. Anyone got any ideas or tips on how to make her? I'm thinking the Gelth Zombie body, but what about head?
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Scarywood wrote:
Hey I wanna try and make an Idris figure. Anyone got any ideas or tips on how to make her? I'm thinking the Gelth Zombie body, but what about head?
Looking through my parts box the one that jumps out at me right away is the second version of Helen Cutter from the Primeval line. The nose, eyes and chin all match up pretty well. You'd need to remove the hair from her forehead which means repainting the head. I don't know if Primeval figures are still easily acquired but last I heard they were going very cheap.

Jabe also looks like it has potential if you use your imagination. The top of the head can be covered by the hair and the forehead is already clear of hair. You'd need to repaint her, obviously, but the bonus is you can stay away from the eyes and leave brown circles around them to simulate the makeup. The other bonus with her is her clothing, especially the arms and bust area, can be utilized as well.

That'd be quite a difficult figure to make from the looks of her. Her hair is really crazy and the dress is extremely detailed. Her sleeves are lace (which is always hard) and the pattern on the skirt looks like a very long and tedious paintjob. If you're not a nitpicker for detail you should be able to pull it off.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 6:03 pm

Hmm, thanks for the tips Rdks. I'm unsuure what to do. I think I may ponder over it over the weekend and perhaps get to work in the holidays when I have more free time. I may forget accuracies and just make her look like her instead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

Custom Tutorial Thread
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next