Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!

Go down 
+36
Rogue
TOMFAN
Kevin's Customs
Who North America
Krynoid
thebreen
Ted47
Captain Ironmac
Just Scott
K9lithos
masterkhan
Evil Monkey Pope
Doctor Detroit
DalekCrazy
Jackknight
SeaDevil
jaredofmo
Ginger
Vortex
The Final Doctor
Scary
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
Wes Crayon
Doctor Who Freak
dr.dalek
Thun
amagon
Invisible Supreme
neogeo
NewtonDKC
The Castellan
rdks
artanyus
CGren123
jfh1970
Ronpur
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Empty
PostSubject: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:16 am

I thought I would create a thread for my custom figure I have done over the last year or so.  Most of these have been posted before, but are spread over several pages!
Not as good as Newton's figures, but I like most of them!
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Jenny1
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Jenny2-1
First up is a Jenny, made up of a Rose body and a Primeval figure head.  The gun is scratch-built.

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! DalekInvasion
A Dalek from Dalek Invasion of Earth.  A Dead Planet Dalek, with a Supreme base and a scrathbuilt dish on his back.  Eyestalk also was repainted.  He is in front of my 1st Doctor TARDIS, a modified TARDIS Bank.

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Cybermen

Wheel in Space Cyberman and Revenge Cyber leader.  I am very proud of these two, they turned out great in my opinion!  Parts swap with and Invasion and Tomb figure with custom bits added. You will see that Cybermen are a favorite of mine.

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! WheelFinal
Another view of the Wheel Cyberman.

Last edited by Ronpur on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:34 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : New pictures of Jenny)
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:28 am

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Hybid

Another Cyberman, from a BBC Promo photo shoot picture, that was basically the wrong costume parts put on the model.
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! CLand4th
Another view of the Revenge Cyberman...look out Doctor!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:33 am

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! ComicCyber

A Cyberman from a comic, not sure of the title. A combo of the Tenth Planet and Tomb versions.

My favorite Cyberman custom, and he was an accident of left over parts!
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Parts

The Horror of the Cybermen, I call him. What happens when you peel away the layers of Cyberskin.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:03 am

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Master2

My master figure made from the body of the DA Master and a modified Picard head.

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! PertMast1

With his arch enemy, the 3rd Doctor, who himself is a modified figure, with an open shirt collar.

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Pertwees

So. let me start with my Doctors. These are 2 of my Pertwee customs, from Daemons and the open collar version seen in many of his 1st season episode. I also started a green jacket version, but abandoned that when it was suggested he would be in the 11 Doctor set.

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! HPIM32102

Talons Tom. Most likely, my most complicated custom. He uses a 10th Doctor jacket, a cape from a Lando Calrissian figure and lots of putty and plastic. His hat is scracth-built from plastic.

Last edited by Ronpur on Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:11 am

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! HPIM3213

Another view of Talons Tom, with my POM Tom, that I quit after he was announced! I am not sure what to do with him yet.
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! TalonsTom
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Tom18a

Season 18 Tom. A Capt Jack body, with modified shirt collar and a spare tom head. he scarf was remolded to give it a longer loop.

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Toms

all of my Tom's together. (with real POM) So far.......

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! TENTUX

And finally, Tuxedo Ten. A Master body, ten head. His shirt was modified with a strip of plastic and a plastic bow tie. Also, his feet were transplanted and the trainers/tennis shoes repainted black.

More to come after work!

Last edited by Ronpur on Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Caan

This Dalek Caan was actually the first Who custom I did.
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! HPIM1711

My 3 K-9s. MK-I, MK-III (Stock figure), MK-II
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! K9s

I know it is not the season, but my Christmas Tardis. I suppose, I could put it in a scene with the Tenth Planet Cybermen.

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! HPIM3215
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:18 pm

Ronpur wrote:

My favorite Cyberman custom, and he was an accident of left over parts!
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Parts

My favorite too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:24 am

And he was such product of left over parts, lol.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:07 am

Your series 18 Tom is my favourite, but that might have something to do with Logopolis being my first ever (but fortunately not my dad's, who managed to explain regeneration to me as "it's like having a face lift, but you come out completely different to how you used to look and act") Doctor Who Story!

It looks utterly brilliant and I'm hoping that its the version CO puts in the 11 Doctor Set
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:57 am

CGren123 wrote:
Your series 18 Tom is my favourite, but that might have something to do with Logopolis being my first ever (but fortunately not my dad's, who managed to explain regeneration to me as "it's like having a face lift, but you come out completely different to how you used to look and act") Doctor Who Story!

It looks utterly brilliant and I'm hoping that its the version CO puts in the 11 Doctor Set

I was really pleased with him. Struggled with the scarf for a while. But when I discovered green stuff, it worked. So glad Capt Jack had a great coat and was the same height as Tom.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:45 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Master2

My master figure made from the body of the DA Master and a modified Picard head.

This is an awesome custom. I really wish they would make this version of the Master into an actual figure. I really like this one, and your custom is amazing.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:08 am

Wonderful work, Ronpur. I've seen your "Horror" Cyberman many times now and it still gives me the creeps. Love it!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:16 am

The 80's Sea Devil.
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! SeaDevil1

I did not do the helmet, basically because I don't care for it. I love the ears to much!!

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! SeaDevil2
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:17 am

Here is NA Ace with The Doctor and her B.F.G. I made the holster able to hold her pistol. Added a belt buckle and details to the utility belt.

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Ace-Doc1

Another view with her pistol.

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Ace-Doc2

Her pony tail
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Ace2

Side view

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! Ace
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:33 am

Now THAT'S a double pack I'd get from SDCC in a cold second.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptySun May 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Wish I had a program to do graphic work and make a backer card for that!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:30 pm

Hey Ronpour, have you done any customs of Jackson Lake? I've been toying with the idea of making one of him, and then turning my Clockwork man into a possible 8th Doctor figure. I've already begun work on my auton to turn him into Malcolm Taylor, but I'm a bit stuck at how on earth to customize him a bit to actually look like the character.
~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 2:54 am

Ronpur wrote:
Wish I had a program to do graphic work and make a backer card for that!
I know a guy... </runs off quickly, leaving a cartoon-Earl-shaped hole in the nearest wall>
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:49 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Hey Ronpour, have you done any customs of Jackson Lake? I've been toying with the idea of making one of him, and then turning my Clockwork man into a possible 8th Doctor figure. I've already begun work on my auton to turn him into Malcolm Taylor, but I'm a bit stuck at how on earth to customize him a bit to actually look like the character.
~

I did toy with the idea (he he) using an Yana figure, replacing his arms with 10's arms and jacket. But I just could not figure out the head. I wish we had someone who would sculpt and cast 1/13th scale heads like they do for 1/6th scale figures!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:40 pm

Ronpur wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
~

I did toy with the idea (he he) using an Yana figure, replacing his arms with 10's arms and jacket. But I just could not figure out the head. I wish we had someone who would sculpt and cast 1/13th scale heads like they do for 1/6th scale figures!!

Using the Yana figure is a really good idea! I wish they were available here and at a cheaper price so I could do that. How do you remove the figure's arms and heads and such without damaging them? I'm in the process of making a Malcolm Taylor figure, and while the outfit I have is mostly finished, I'd like to be able to remove the head so I could work on that without fear of accidentally getting paint on the outfit. Right now, Malcolm looks a bit like Ian Chesterton.
~
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:37 am

Biol and pop works to get arms off too. I have to trim them to get them back on though, just taper the plugs so they pop back in easier. Oh, I would love an Ian too!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:23 am

Okay, this is my Malcolm Taylor figure so far. I haven't really done customs of this nature and am really nervous with it.

https://2img.net/h/i184.photobucket.com/albums/x242/CaptofGuard442/Malcolmcustom.png

Opps, forgot to include my question... what do you mean by "biol and pop"? Also, does one have to use Sculpey for shaping of the facial features or could I use something else?
~
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Not bad. Boil and pop is when you stick the figure's head in boiling water for a few seconds and take it back out. The head is then easier to take off. I'm sure there are others on here that have actually done this that can provide more details.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Yep, Boil (not biol!) and Pop. I take a coffee cup, put enough water in it to cover the figure's head (or whatever) heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Drop the figure in for a minute or so. Pull it out, and grab it with hot pads and and pull the head off...POP! It works because the plastic gets soft when heated, but goes back to its original shape when cooled. To get the parts back in is a lot harder. I taper the plugs so they will slide in the holes of the body better. Then push until my head explodes.

I tried sculpy, but now I used Green Stuff. A 2 part epoxy type putty. I get it from ebay. It comes in a long ribbon of blue and yellow that you mix until it is green. Then you can mold it and shape it like clay. It dries rather hard, after a few hours. It takes paint better than sculpy, and so far, hasn't crumbled. It is a bit sticky at first, and takes some getting used to.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Then push until my head explodes.

Why am I all of a sudden reminded of the movie, Scanners?
Back to top Go down

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!
Page 1 of 25Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next