Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

Doctor Who Support Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who Support   Doctor Who Support EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 9:31 pm

Sorry didn't really know where to post.

Did anyone attend the "Doctor Who Event" at Suncoast video(in a mall near you where applicable)?

Don't worry my son and I were the only ones at our mall. The only way i found out about it was because my wife works at the mall and happened to see a flyer while leaving the mall for the day. So we show up the next day expecting at least a minor hoopla or what-have-you.
We get there and we're the only people there. Apparently the promoters did not send any info and or support for the event so they just made it a sci-fi sale buy 1 get one half off. No fans, maybe some friend of the store that might come down in a stormtrooper outfit. As it turned out, my son scored a free gun arm cyberman which was a door prize and because the lady felt bad she had a five year in her store that kept asking "excuse me when is the Dr.Who event going to start?" It was overall a joke plus they were selling all their figs for $14.99. Even the werewolf(suckers).

I apologize for not posting anything about event prior to the event but I found out the day before.

The topic title is for future reference support who locally so that the NA fan base keeps growing. Introduce a friend to WHO!

ps-I been reading a lot of the post about season 3 being so-so at best. Remember folks all the years with no new Who aside from books, let not get super critical. Having not seen any of them I can't offer a valid opinion but, something is better than nothing at all.

Thanks for reading my rambling-sorry for the length.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

Doctor Who Support Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Support   Doctor Who Support EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 9:42 pm

PS the promotion was in part sponsored by Diamond distributers. For comic fans you will recognize this as the ditributors responsible for the current operating conditions of your local comic store. If you would like to know more ask your comic store operator what they think of Diamond. The word MONOPOLY should come to mind.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Doctor Who Support Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Support   Doctor Who Support EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 10:15 pm

There isn't a Suncoast where I live now (and even in Central FL they started to disappear). Fortunately, WHO lives at a couple of comic book stores (which I will be visiting one when I move back to compare prices).
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Doctor Who Support Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Support   Doctor Who Support EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 12:02 pm

Nearest Suncoast to me is 40 miles away in Spokane, WA (I'm in Idaho).
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com

Doctor Who Support
Page 1 of 1