Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?)

Go down 
+5
CrochetOwl
DoctorOlly
gregtdj
CJSchmidt
Y.A.N.A.
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Y.A.N.A.
Y.A.N.A.

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) Empty
PostSubject: Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?)   Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 11:43 am

Original Title: David Tennant leaving news from UK...return of Paul McGann!?

Hello people,
Firstly I’m new here so hello. I was searching the net looking for a new Dr Who forum (my current ones are getting a bit stale), and found you guys! I’m UK based and thought you might like an update on David Tennant leaving and big rumours in the UK about future happenings (I promise I wont include any official spoilers!!!)...so read on in peace...

Rumours are still flying like wildfire that DT will at least go missing mid way through the current series (series 4) and that the Dr may not return as we know him. His new companion, Catherine Tate, recently went onto a big uk chat show and told x million viewers that he was definitely leaving…she seemed very serious!!

However, DT has been adamant over here on a couple of big chat shows that he is going nowhere, and that his new buddy was just stitching him up because she knew it would cause a fuss. He he etc... He said again at the official series 4 launch that "I'm in it for the long term and I'm still loving it".

We do know however that the last episode of series 4 is called "Journeys End"...read into that what you like!

There’s a huge debate raging in uk forums about Paul McGann sightings both on set and being seen with Russel T Davies. A spokesperson for McGann recently confirmed that he is working on a very big secret project. Although I’m sure the publicity didn’t do McGann any harm, if you see what I mean!

I’m sure you already know that there will not be a full series in 2009 right!? Just a couple of specials, because DT is signed up to play McBeth for a year in the West End Theatre. The main theory here is that DT will not be in these at all, and the story line will see his various companions trying to find him, and at a very long stretch see the return of McGann in a flashback (personally I think this is unlikely). There is a very interesting thread about a “possible” sighting of McGann. See the link below for this…I don’t think there are any series 4 spoilers but be careful just in case!

----------------------------
McGann link : http://www.doctorwhoforum.com/showthread.php?p=5838405#post5838405
Music CDs & cd duplication
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?)   Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 12:42 pm

Hey Y.A.N.A. - great to have you here!

I wanted to apologize for changing the title of your post. I wanted to make it clear that there were possible spoilers. Who doesn't get the same press coverage in the US as it does in the UK, so most American fans are fairly oblivious to all the leaks and rumors unless they go looking.

It would be interesting to see how fans would respond to McGann. Everyone seems to have loved Divison's appearance, so who knows...
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?)   Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 6:39 pm

MCGANN LIVES!! I certainly hope that it turns out to be true. His Doctor was the one I really wanted to see more of and I've always thought he got shafted. McCoy got a proper send off in the 8th Doctor's movie, but we don't see the Doctor again until the 9th incarnation and no reveal as to the fate of the 8th. Definitely got shafted.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?)   Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 9:37 am

I wasn't keen on the 8th Doctor, he kinda bored me. I loved Davisons appearance, but apparently, since its been 45 years of Doctor Who, they are making an special episode called 'The 7 Doctors' 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10, that would be cool to see, but I think we've had a few The .... Doctors, but whenever they do one with more than one Doctor is always great. Has anyone noticed that McGann is recorded as a Doctor but Peter Cushing is not? That seems odd, but I suppose since Cushing's Doctor was a human.... but it still doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?)   Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 9:46 am

I would love to see McGann in the role but I don't think it's going to happen. He's fine with doing the Big Finish audios (which I have enjoyed quite a bit but the ones with the Lucy companion are really as good as the others in the Doctor #8 line) but I could have sworn I saw somewhere he wasn't interested in doing in on screen at this point.
Back to top Go down
timlord

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: 8th doctor   Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 9:24 am

I think highly likely 8th doctor at same point will appear. i think it would bring closure to the time war story.it would be great at end of tenants tenure to find way to go back and change time and the outcome of the timewar .if that happens it would change doctor from 10th to 8th?assuming he regenerated during war?id love to get a movie or series with 8th doctor to give me a chance to get to know#8 thinkin bout it givin me a headache!
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?)   Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 8:32 pm

I've done a thing or three with time paradoxes, and since the stories already did so with Faction Paradox, I don't know.

This would also have to have Eccleston come back as The 9th Dr one day, OR, with the paradox occurring, a NEW 9th Dr????

I don't mind this, but for the regular viewer?
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?)   Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 11:02 pm

I have heard this rumour for about three years. I would love to see the time war saga...I felt that 8 did not get a chance at all.
I really can't see these three main bank holiday stories in 2009 be without Tennant in all of them in some form or another. I really can't see the companions looking for the Doctor- I don't mind episodes like the Doctor Lite Blink or the Christmas Invasion but I can't see companions carrying the torch for the show. It is and always will be about the doctor. I can worry about 2010 when the time comes but for now I am enjoying the show for as long as it can last in today's Attention Deficit World. As for a change...it will come but hopefully late.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?)   Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 12:24 am

I don't think we're going to "see" the Time War as an episode(s) ever, but I do expect to see flashbacks and some closure on the issue before Mr. Tennant leaves the Tardis behind. It would be nice to see McGann on film in some kind of flashback, maybe even giving him a proper regeneration into 9. Trying to explain every aspect would never live up to the mystery, but it could be done right. I think 10's whole bipolar personality is a symptom of his past coming to a head. I expect 11 to be a little older, calmer, and at peace with himself. Personally, I'd love to see a Doctor along the lines of Giles from Buffy (heck, bring in AMH to do it).
Back to top Go down
timlord

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: older doctor?   Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 12:32 am

Id love to see an older doctor#11! i dont know much about uk actors so have no picks! i dont want a female doctor but would love to see multiple companions at same time!maybe an alien? id love the chick from blink and the son from pompeii to be back,would make it interesting.i think to do the time war story you would need 3 to 4 episodes to make right?
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?)   Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 1:07 am

CJSchmidt wrote:
I don't think we're going to "see" the Time War as an episode(s) ever, but I do expect to see flashbacks and some closure on the issue before Mr. Tennant leaves the Tardis behind. It would be nice to see McGann on film in some kind of flashback, maybe even giving him a proper regeneration into 9. Trying to explain every aspect would never live up to the mystery, but it could be done right. I think 10's whole bipolar personality is a symptom of his past coming to a head. I expect 11 to be a little older, calmer, and at peace with himself. Personally, I'd love to see a Doctor along the lines of Giles from Buffy (heck, bring in AMH to do it)....

Exactly! It would be nice if it continued on (most of it) in the books and audios, to at least give us something.

I wonder what The 12th Dr would be like, knowing that it's going to be the end soon enough.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?)   Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 9:09 pm

2008 xmas special-
o.k. got to op gallifrey to see this spoiler life on mars fans....
say no more, nudge nudge wink wink.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?)   Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 9:21 pm

timlord wrote:
i think to do the time war story you would need 3 to 4 episodes to make right?

It would have to be longer than a regular episode and since the three(four?) specials after this season are supposed to be extended or movie style specials, they would give all the time one would need to tell the story in a mini series fashion. RTD's hang up is reportedly some nonsense about it being to fantastical to be properly shown in visual form. Nothing could do it justice. Which to me means he simply hasn't thought/written out the whole time war, he just uses it as his literative deus ex machina when he decides to do something that would seem paradoxical or that deviates from cannon, or that steps away from the Doctor's accepted character, involves a reset button, or when the wind blows, or the day changes....

At any rate, we can only hope to get the time war finally revealed and to see McGann's return as the 8th Doctor, and given the choice between hope and frustration, I'm sticking with hope.
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?)   Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?) EmptyTue May 06, 2008 6:17 pm

My wife just recently started listening to the McGann Big Finish audios and now thinks he is better than Tennant.

I think he was an excellent choice as the Doctor but got stuck in an awful movie.

If he does make a return dump the wig and maybe alter his costume.
Back to top Go down

Rumors about Series 5, Tennant & McGann (Spoilers?)
Page 1 of 1