rdks
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! Empty
PostSubject: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:11 pm

On the Doctor Who Facebook page -

"The Daleks are coming back. But which design? The answer is ALL OF THEM!"

Followed by this picture from the set during filming...

Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! 385682_422315087782524_127031120644257_1802613_1083967261_n

Not only is that NOT a skittles Dalek, that's not an RTD Dalek either....
cheers
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:21 pm

"All of them," sounds like it could be an intriguing story line! Can't wait for this!
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Looks like Dalek Sec to me?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:04 pm

It's not an RTD-era Dalek. They have rims around the hemispheres, like this...

Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! Dalek88

It's also missing the large bumper at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:07 pm

If they handle this right, will you guys forgive them for the Skittles Daleks?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:24 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

They could be in it...probably be the new ones fighting the old ones or something... Either way, the dalek episodes are, for me, the weakest the show gets...so I'm not expecting much.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:26 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

I'm alright with the Skittle Daleks now, personally. Their action figures have helped me like them more.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:51 pm

The skittles Daleks haven't done anything to annoy me. Really, they haven't had a chance to DO anything yet.
RTD Daleks, on the other hand, I've hated since Daleks in Manhattan.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:55 pm

Maybe they're doing a Dalek story arc that started in Victory and will get built up slowly and finally do a big Dalek story. Kinda like how "The Daleks' Master Plan" had a prelude.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Looks like a genesis type Dalek.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Maybe Imperial Dalek remnants are fighting renegade dalek remnants, they didn't get the call that there was a timewar going on, and eventually spilled over to a conflict bewteen the Skittles Daleks and RTD era daleks?
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:48 pm

Well, if we are to believe what Moffat has said before (not likely), the Skittles Daleks will still be around, but if they make more Daleks, they will be more like the classic Daleks, and not the Giant Misshapen Skittles Daleks. They would be more like drones, or pawn, and the Skittles would be their leaders.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:59 pm

I just want the Daleks to be the evil, racists, killers they should be. I don't care what they look like!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:24 am

Apparently Moffat and the main cast have been going over which Dalek design they like the most. Moffat tweeted this morning: "Proud winner with some fans."

Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! ApZM1DvCQAMy52X
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:16 am

I don't mind if they bring back classic Daleks, or even the RTD Daleks, but if the Skittles just disapear or lose, WTH????? They were the only Daleks in the modern show who were actually able to outsmart the Doctor, win, and escape. I know the episode wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I thought it was one of the best modern Dalek stories. I really hope they don't abandon the Skittles.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:54 am

Well, well, well.... an Emperor's Guard Dalek! Nice! Could The Doctor be taking us back to Skaro for the first time in 32 years?

And while that colour scheme is a favourite amongst fans (myself included), this will mark the first time it's shown on television in colour.

I hope if this episode is a hit with fans they'll consider doing something similar with the Cybermen.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:06 am

Alright! I like those daleks quite a bit. It would be great for them to appear in the show.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:08 am

Now I'm starting to think this is why CO wanted to release classic Dalek figures in the new series line... Hmmy!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:08 pm

I bet the Dr. and Amy bump into the Dead and dusty Dalek and the the Doctor says: I have not seen you for a few years and they move on. Just like they did with the Cyberman helmet in DALEK.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:21 pm

davro wrote:
I bet the Dr. and Amy bump into the Dead and dusty Dalek and the the Doctor says: I have not seen you for a few years and they move on. Just like they did with the Cyberman helmet in DALEK.

Yea, and look how great things went with that, instead of real Cybermen, all we got were those stomping, Ironman ripoffs with bionic chipmunk voices.

If the classic Dalek is gonna be like that, will be more like a slap in the face for the classic fans, as opposed to any fan service.....just look at Trek's Rick Berman and Brannon Bragga with the final episode of Enterprise, their so-called 'Valentine for the fans' turned out to be one of the most criticized episodes in Trek history.

I say if Moffet has any sense in that black hole he calls a brain, he'll do a lot more with the older Daleks that some cheesy cameo.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Am I the only one thinking that because that's an Emperor's Guard Dalek, we may see the Classic Emperor?

Or is that just wishful thinking?

Also, I liked the cameo by the Cyber-Head, even if it was the wrong one.

Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:17 pm

CGren123 wrote:
Am I the only one thinking that because that's an Emperor's Guard Dalek, we may see the Classic Emperor?

Or is that just wishful thinking?

Also, I liked the cameo by the Cyber-Head, even if it was the wrong one.

Be better if they actually used the real Cybermen, though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:19 pm

davro wrote:

It's possible...

Although, nobody actually said that this dalek would be in the show at all, in the first place.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!   Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:31 pm

CGren123 wrote:
Doubt it. They used the Dalek props from the Doctor Who Experience display, which is practically across the street from the studio they're filming in. The other 2 from the display (RTD Bronze & Genesis) were also in the studio.
Back to top Go down

Series 7 SPOILERS - They're Back!
Page 1 of 1