Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!

Go down 
+10
Ronpur
Scary
bret_owen99
Rust
SeaDevil
Calixar
artanyus
TinDogRory
squishy
jaredofmo
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! Empty
PostSubject: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:33 pm

And Karen Gillan will be returning as Amy Pond in Series 7, hopefully Rory will be back, too!

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/07/doctor-who-star-karen-gillan-set-for-season-7-i-am-going-to-be-coming-back.html

Last edited by jaredofmo on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:37 pm

Also, a clip from Toby Whithouse's new episode "The God Complex."

COULD this be a new Nimon?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:41 pm

Notice the name of the Lake in the first trailer? affraid
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:43 pm

Sorry to hear that Amy Pond will be around for a third season. Not that I hate the character or actress, but very few companions have lasted 3 series. Jamie wasn't around quite 3 years and Sarah Jane went only a bit over 3 years. Just seems like 2 years should be the modern term limit for companions.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:

I JUST did. I had to watch it over and over because I had no idea what you were talking about! That is very interesting, indeed.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:21 am

Was that... was that a Nimon!?
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:01 am

TinDogRory wrote:
Was that... was that a Nimon!?

no, it wasnt. At least not as we knew them.

As big a fan of classic Who as I am, I really dont understand the obsession people have for bringing back old foes, considering how poorly it has been handled so far.

The Silurians are the biggest example of this. Human eyes, (dont get me started on the no third one cyclops ) human teeth, Voices not modulated, and the fact that they really seem to be led by a group of P'ODE chick lizards.

I would rather no past monsters or Doctors, or even companions returned if it was going to be THAT screwed up again. Suspect No Mad
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:55 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:

I saw that. Very interesting....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:46 am

Very interesting trailer and clip. cheers
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:37 am

Not a Nimon... weren't bull horns. They looked like antlers. Cernunos?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:09 pm

squishy wrote:
Sorry to hear that Amy Pond will be around for a third season. Not that I hate the character or actress, but very few companions have lasted 3 series. Jamie wasn't around quite 3 years and Sarah Jane went only a bit over 3 years. Just seems like 2 years should be the modern term limit for companions.

I just don't like her. Simple as that. Rory's great, though!
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:06 pm

I did like Amy at first, but she has really started to irritate me. I hope in the next few episodes, having had a baby, she starts to grow up. Her narcissistic attitide grates on me.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Aye. I'm getting tired of the Spoiled Brat Trying To Jump In The Doctor's Pants motif of the modern companions.

I still really miss Donna. She was a spoiled brat, but the whole point of her traveling with the Doctor was her growing up as a person.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Rust wrote:
Aye. I'm getting tired of the Spoiled Brat Trying To Jump In The Doctor's Pants motif of the modern companions.

I still really miss Donna. She was a spoiled brat, but the whole point of her traveling with the Doctor was her growing up as a person.

Well said, Rust. Which is why Donna's memory wipe was even the more tragic. She went back to the same shallow, obnoxious person she was. If only Amy would get an attitude adjustment...
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:52 pm

Yeah, watching Donna grow as a result of her strictly platonic friendship with the Doctor was one of the best parts of that year. SeaDevil's assesment of that is spot on. I hated seeing her lose that growth.

While I do like Matt Smith, that's part of the reason I always argued for a more "crazy uncle" Doctor... an older guy with no real sex appeal.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:07 pm

basically, sylvester mccoy?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:33 pm

I think I prefer series 6 part one. Non of these trailers excite me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:09 pm

but scary, river with an eyepatch, like the old lady, wait for it, wait for it.....

what a twist!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:20 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
but scary, river with an eyepatch, like the old lady, wait for it, wait for it.....

what a twist!

I preferred River Song when we didn't know who she was. Now she just bores me, even if we are still yet to see how she falls in 'love' with the Doctor or whatever ridiculous storyline it is that Moffat has up his sweaty sleeve.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:30 pm

but it's a twist, and there will be another twist, and then, a twist to end all twists. isn't all these plot turns fun? isn't surprise after surprise, after surprise, surprising?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:08 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
but it's a twist, and there will be another twist, and then, a twist to end all twists. isn't all these plot turns fun? isn't surprise after surprise, after surprise, surprising?

It's beyond frustrating if you ask me. Razz

So much as to the point where I'm considering holding myself back from watching new episodes until Moffat takes a hike in some very large, dark mountains and never returns...

I say that but I'll probably still watch, just to have a reason to complain I guess. Wink
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:27 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
basically, sylvester mccoy?

Or Troughton, Pertwee, either Baker...
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:02 pm

Scary wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:

what a twist!

I preferred River Song when we didn't know who she was. Now she just bores me, even if we are still yet to see how she falls in 'love' with the Doctor or whatever ridiculous storyline it is that Moffat has up his sweaty sleeve.
We only know who River Song's parents are and that River Song isn't her real name. We've yet to discover so much more about her.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:19 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Scary wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:

what a twist!

We only know who River Song's parents are and that River Song isn't her real name. We've yet to discover so much more about her.

I think the continuous dragging on of the whole thing is tiring me of her. It's making me bored of seeing her. When we first saw that River would be returning in series 5, I was excited! Now she's everywhere and 3 years later we still don't know who she is. It's just frustrating.

There's only so long that you can prolong something before people get impatient and then bored and then lose interest, and the River Song arc story had passed that line a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!   Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back! EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:49 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:

what a twist!

OK that made me laugh. Laughing I do like River. But make the "she killed a good man." Dealo something exciting! PLEASE!!! Mad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

Series 6 Part 2 Trailer AND She'll Be Back!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next