DacaZ
jaredofmo
Doctor Who Freak
mysterylad
Ronpur
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Rate S5E13: The Big Bang
Fantastic episode! Brilliant! Molto benne!
S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 Vote_lcap58%S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 58% [ 31 ]
Good episode.
S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 Vote_lcap21%S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 11 ]
Okay/average episode.
S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 Vote_lcap8%S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Disappointing episode.
S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 Vote_lcap2%S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Rubbish episode!
S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 Vote_lcap11%S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 53

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:46 am

I don't blame the Doctor for not fancing Martha the way that she liked him. I mean, she made a remark about the Doctor taking her to New Earth, a place where he had taken Rose, yet she won't give him time to grieve, time to move on. She loved someone who just did not love her back the way she wanted and needed to be. He cared about her, undeniably, but her picking at his past and pitying herself because she wasn't Rose put a nasty rift in their relationship.

I love the companions who do love the Doctor, but they remain just friends. It's so unique and so much fun to listen to because you can tell at times that they do care about each other and that they're looking out for one another. It isn't the whole, in-your-face-I-love-you-Time-Lord stuff.

I did like Rose because I loved how she trusted the Doctor and just did as he said because she knew that if she didn't, bad things would happen. I like how she was able to warm up the Doctor's spirit and kind of help his soul into healing after the Time War. That doesn't necessarily mean, "Ohhh true love!" I mean, a friend can do that... a family member can do that... doesn't mean romantic thing or anything, just a really powerful and truly wonderful friendship.

But that's also me loving friendships in movies and such more than romantic ones. I liked the three kisses between the Doctor and Grace. The first seemed like a, "Zowee I know who I am!" and the second one was still part of the "Zowee" but not completely with it that he is thee Doctor. The third one at the end, so silly but so cute at the same time. I mean, they did like each other, but neither were completely crushed when they parted ways. I loved that.
~
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:54 am

I don't blame the Doctor either, nor do I blame Martha. It was just one of those things that happened, and she didn't really hold a grudge. She just needed to get away from what was becoming a bad situation emotionally, and live her own life.

========================================
...^o^CORVUS^o^
Doctor Who: The Winds of Time
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:27 am

^o^CORVUS^o^ wrote:
I don't blame the Doctor either, nor do I blame Martha. It was just one of those things that happened, and she didn't really hold a grudge. She just needed to get away from what was becoming a bad situation emotionally, and live her own life.

I don't blame Martha either and am quite happy that she was able to walk away and did so much with her life after the Doctor, rather than mope around all depressed. However, the pining got to be annoying.

~
Back to top Go down
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:33 am

"The Death of the Doctor" is the title of the next show to feature the Doctor, its a two-parter in the Sarah-Jane adventures, and features the return of Jo Grant, can't wait to find out how this fits inbetween "The Big Bang and the Christmas special.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:00 pm

I too am looking forward to that. I need my Eleven fix! *lol*

...^o^CORVUS^o^
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:39 pm

I thought the 10th Doctor was absolutely horrible to Martha -- at times he almost seemed to take a certain malevolent glee in mistreating her. It even went on when he wasn't "himself"; as John Smith he pretty much made her his slave while he fell for Redfern (who, like most people in that village, was racist and also had treated Martha as a second-class citizen). And then, insult to injury, it was revealed that he subjected Martha to that abominable situation in order to be merciful to evil body-stealing alien things!

The 9th Doctor was never that cruel to Mickey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:54 pm

At this point we've diverged far enough from the topic. Perhaps you should start a separate discussion about this.

...^o^CORVUS^o^
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:19 am

Doctor Detroit wrote:
"The Death of the Doctor" is the title of the next show to feature the Doctor, its a two-parter in the Sarah-Jane adventures, and features the return of Jo Grant, can't wait to find out how this fits inbetween "The Big Bang and the Christmas special.

I have the feeling that Amy and Rory will be honeymooning when the Doctor decides to pay Sarah Jane a visit.
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 3:59 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
^o^CORVUS^o^ wrote:

I don't blame Martha either and am quite happy that she was able to walk away and did so much with her life after the Doctor, rather than mope around all depressed. However, the pining got to be annoying.

~

I don't know how this got in the Big Bang discussion, but since this is all fresh to me finishing it last night...

It seems that Rose situation was very painful to the Doctor which is probably why he was so distant with Martha. I think it was a very fine split with no hard feelings either way. It was nice that they showed her phoning Dr. Tom (played by the lovely Tom Ellis who is in Miranda) which I think was a way to show that she would end up with him and happy.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:41 pm

It all started with a comment about Mickey, and went from there *lol*

...^o^CORVUS^o^
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:55 pm

^o^CORVUS^o^ wrote:

...^o^CORVUS^o^

LOL ZOOM..thread derailed. It happens so easily.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:52 pm

Nuggan wrote:
^o^CORVUS^o^ wrote:

...^o^CORVUS^o^

LOL ZOOM..thread derailed. It happens so easily.

The free and open discussion of the WHONA forum!! I love it!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:06 pm

That's right boys and girls.... I'm gonna do it...

S5E13: The Big Bang is OFFICIALLY OFF TOPIC!

R.I.P My so very beautiful thread Sad
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:30 pm

sorry scarywood.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:00 pm

mysterylad wrote:
The way Nine treated Mickey never sat well with me. It was funny at first, but it quickly came to remind me of Six's relationship with Peri early on: too many snarky things said in moments that just made you feel for the recipient of said snark.

Huh. That might explain why my first exposure to Colin Baker's Doctor made me immediately think of Chris Eccleston's Doctor.

Though in Colin's defense, Peri seemed to be little more then a pair of Boobs and Skin Tight Short Shorts.

Can't. Stop. Staring. @_@

mysterylad wrote:
and was truly brought to life via Eccleston's wonderfully nuanced portrayal.

Cept for the flat delivery at the climax of "Dalek", that part just after Rose talks him down from shooting it. His "Oh Rose...they're all dead." line just falls completely flat to my ears.

scarywood wrote:
That's right boys and girls.... I'm gonna do it...

S5E13: The Big Bang is OFFICIALLY OFF TOPIC!

R.I.P My so very beautiful thread Sad

Well! We can't have that! Quickly now, back on track. Work to do, things to discuss...

Coincidentally, I have a few minor observations that may or may not be relevant to future stories.

In the Museum (And indeed directly after the destruction of the Universe), we see two Stone Daleks. But at the end of "The Pandorica Opens", there are three. While the vaporization of so many other species might account for it, there wasn't even a minor imprint like many of the other races got to account for its passing.

The Eternal Dalek at work, perhaps?

Secondly, we never hear River put down the Dalek that was revived. It's an empty museum and the gun was shown to make noise. A shot should have echoed down the halls.

And while we're on the subject of River and the Dalek - the Dalek begging for its own life is something of a shock (And not to mention an annoying way of "proving" how 'awesome' River Song is), but it almost makes me think there was something else going on there.

Daleks never beg. So either the new Paradim of Daleks includes a radical overhaul of their basic personalities (Which isn't out of the question, seeing as how they were willing to work with other races in creating the Pandorica), or River Song does something that supplants "The Oncoming Storm" in terms of Demonology of the Dalek race.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:51 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
sorry scarywood.

Oh, no worries! Forums are for discussion. Discussion is good. I like discussion. Discussions are cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Here's a theory about how the Doctor escapes the Pandorica: it's a predestination paradox set by the universe as a protection measure, or, if you prefer, what little of the universe was left projected a version of the Doctor and the future screwdriver to get him out so he could save the universe.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:30 pm

my problem wasn't with him getting out of the pandorica, but that it happened in the first 5 minutes. i would like at least 30 minutes of suspence without the doctor.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:41 pm

scarywood wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:
sorry scarywood.

Oh, no worries! Forums are for discussion. Discussion is good. I like discussion. Discussions are cool. Smile

Oh I see what you did there, lol!
Back to top Go down
Mowzer
Mowzer

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:34 am

I had the theory about the TARDIS exploding and the destruction of the multiverse and who was behind it.

I really got into the idea of it being Omega, not sure why just did. But my theory was if he was still trapped in the anti matter universe, maybe the destruction of the universe would allow him to escape (maybe the anti matter universe was unaffected by the explosion, but measures had been taken in our universe to stop him from escaping now "never happened" allowing him to escape).

Omega may also have been behind the alliance and the Pandorica, which may also explain why the Pandorica could be used to restore the universe (who wants to escape into a void of nothingness) and why the Doctor was locked up, not to punish him or stop him, but to protect him (Omega thought only the Doctor could save the universe). It could also explain how the Doctor was able to escape despite it being a paradox, but then it could be explained away with timey whimey and a collapsing universe.

I was also thinking about the "silence will fall" the wording mainly. It sounds like something an old Headmaster might shout to get a room full of kids to shut up. Which lead me to think maybe Borusa, but I really doubt it.
Back to top Go down
lynnenlow54
lynnenlow54

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-13

PostSubject: Moffat and Chris Carter   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:10 am

Moffat's writing reminds me of X-files creator and writer Chris Carter. Carter specialized in excellent visual scenes that blew you away and classic lines of dialogue, however, the endings left alot unanswered and ultimately unsatisfied.

I think Doctor Who was best with both Moffat and Davies alternating writing during the season. They balanced each other out nicely. Moffat had the bang, but Davies had the heart.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:48 pm

carter's worse 2-parters was ending one season, and starting another. the ender would be like: how will mulder and scully get out of this? then, in the first 5 minutes of the new season, they'd get out of it. hmmmmmmm. does remind me of moffat.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:38 pm

It was missing something. I would've been happier if Moffat revealed the villain to the audience at the end as a cliffhanger teaser.
I get the feeling that River Song may be a more benevolent incarnation of The Rani.
They still didn't explain that part in The Beast Below where future Amy tells herself in the video she and the Doctor had to leave immediately. I hope that and the other Amy inconsistencies get explained next year.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 12:26 am

Enjoyed the finale. Quick thoughts on a few carry over items-
I do think the baddie is Omega. Has the motive and the means to engineer a time/space black hole and to take over a Tardis.

Do wonder if River is the Rani post chameleon arch from the Tardis in The Lodger.

Did anyone else think there was a sort of Peter Pan analogy at the end of the episode? Amy=Wendy
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S5E13: The Big Bang   S5E13: The Big Bang - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 12:29 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:

They still didn't explain that part in The Beast Below where future Amy tells herself in the video she and the Doctor had to leave immediately. I hope that and the other Amy inconsistencies get explained next year.

Wait...what?

I found that very obvious: Amy learned what the Starship UK really was (Space Whale), and begged herself to get the Doctor and her away because she was horrified by what it actually was.
Back to top Go down

S5E13: The Big Bang
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next