Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

The Big Bang episode

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Big Bang episode Empty
PostSubject: The Big Bang episode   The Big Bang episode EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Did all the monsters coming after The Doctor die during Big bang 2 anyone know? Still confused on this bit.
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: The Big Bang episode   The Big Bang episode EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:57 pm

I've been wondering something along those lines as well. If BBII re-started the universe, does that mean that along with restoring Rory were the Angels restored? If so, then what about the old Daleks, &c.? Were the things restored those that had fallen into the crack, or everything? It potentially leaves a lot of room for the writers to maneuver in, and it does keep us coming back for more. Personally, I'm hoping that Omega will be back as "The Voice"--he's a Time Lord, not a monster after all.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Big Bang episode   The Big Bang episode EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Nothing 'died' during the big bang. Everything was restored. And nothing ever died in the first place. They were wiped from existence.....then restored again.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Big Bang episode   The Big Bang episode EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:12 pm

Okay... Did the monsters coming after the Doctor die in Big Bang 2?

No.

At that point, they no longer existed. The Doctor calls the "stone" versions of them "after images." Little things that don't make sense. The Dalek was only brought back to life by the restoration field in the Pandorica.

Now, when the Pandorica exploded, and sent atoms of the universe back where they were supposed to be and restored the universe, it brought them back to existence.

However, it does make a few Series 5 stories problematic. How did they overcome the Angels in Flesh & Stone without the crack? Did the Saturnynians never come to Venice? And how did Prisoner Zero escape, making the Doctor reunite with Amy?

I know, Moffat, timey wimey, wibbly wobbly, but I'd like an explanation, please???
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Big Bang episode   The Big Bang episode EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:14 pm

Well thanks for the info. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Big Bang episode   The Big Bang episode EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:15 pm

some variation of the Blinovitch Limitation Effect?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Big Bang episode   The Big Bang episode EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:16 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

Now, when the Pandorica exploded, and sent atoms of the universe back where they were supposed to be and restored the universe, it brought them back to existence.

That's exactly it. Nothing 'Dies'.
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: The Big Bang episode   The Big Bang episode EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:25 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
some variation of the Blinovitch Limitation Effect?

I had that once. The Doctor prescribed a dose of something over-the-counter. Phew! Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Big Bang episode   The Big Bang episode EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:26 pm

were there any side effects? hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Big Bang episode   The Big Bang episode EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:33 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Yep, fans screaming "PLOT HOLE! DEUS EX MACHINA! I MISS RTD!!!"
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: The Big Bang episode   The Big Bang episode EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:33 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:

Well now that you mention it, I do have this twitch. Its okay though--all I have to do is avoid plot holes and I'm fine scratch
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Big Bang episode   The Big Bang episode EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:11 pm

one of the things i don't like about moffat, is the fact he thinks he doesn't have to explain anything (or if he does, he makes you feel stupid for having to explain it).

he's said in interviews that doctor who has no continuity. wha????

this isn't red dwarf moffat (which is comedy, so who cares).

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Big Bang episode   The Big Bang episode EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:49 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
one of the things i don't like about moffat, is the fact he thinks he doesn't have to explain anything (or if he does, he makes you feel stupid for having to explain it).

he's said in interviews that doctor who has no continuity. wha????

this isn't red dwarf moffat (which is comedy, so who cares).

But even if it is comedy, it still follows some sort of continuity otherwise, it's just aimless. I don't like that Moffat said that there doesn't have to be continuity in DW. I also don't like the fact that he says that he lies purposefully. That makes me distrust anything that he says because I don't know if he's lying or telling the truth. Why on earth people think the "Jack Sparrow syndrome" is appealling, witty, clever, and attractive is beyond me.

~
Back to top Go down

The Big Bang episode
Page 1 of 1