Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Doctor Who- Harry Potter......................

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WhoMA_Joe
WhoMA_Joe

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Doctor Who- Harry Potter...................... Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who- Harry Potter......................   Doctor Who- Harry Potter...................... EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 7:04 pm

..............looking at classic and current Doctor Who shows , I noticed alot of ppl played in both or acted in D/W and did a voice for the HP moives. So dose this mean some time down the road Dan Radcliffe will play in D/W ? perhaps the Doctor him self ?
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who- Harry Potter......................   Doctor Who- Harry Potter...................... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 3:15 am

Not sure about Radcliffe's possible appearance in the new series anytime soon. I would say it's more of a possibility that you have noticed a big fan appreciation effort going back and forth or at least a healthy nod of respect to well known actors.

I think more likely fan appreciation since Dr Who would have been around first for the makers of HP to say "Remember such and such...that person is perfect." And of course it seems to go the other way, at least on the creative level, since they reference JK Rowling a few times in the new DW.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who- Harry Potter......................   Doctor Who- Harry Potter...................... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 3:51 pm

If you watch a few BBC shows, you quickly realise that the pool of actors is relatively small (compared to US productions) and there isn't the same TV vs. movie actor stigma.

J.K. Rowling also didn't want her characters to have American accents (or Americans doing crappy British accents) so all of the significant actors are British/Scottish/Welsch/etc.

The crossover is most likely that both productions are looking for the same types of actors off a fairly short list. If you drop out actors who aren't "USA-friendly" (bad teeth, older, heavy accents) you get an even smaller group.
Back to top Go down
TallGrrl
TallGrrl

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who- Harry Potter......................   Doctor Who- Harry Potter...................... EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 12:31 pm

All I know is this: that Potter shout-out in "The Shakespeare Code" was absolutely wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who- Harry Potter......................   Doctor Who- Harry Potter...................... EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 3:22 pm

CJSchmidt wrote:
If you watch a few BBC shows, you quickly realise that the pool of actors is relatively small (compared to US productions)

Reminds me of one night when I was watching Who on the local PBS station, this was one of those rare evenings that my Dad was still up. It aired at 11 pm on sunday evenings and was the omnibus editions, He saw Michael Sheard in the Pyramids of Mars. The last one he had viewed apparently had Mr Sheard in it also, and he commented, ...."what, do they only have like 12 actors in England?" I have never forgotten that moment. I did explain to him at the time that certain actors get more work than others due to their talent. I always enjoyed everyone of his parts he played.
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who- Harry Potter......................
Page 1 of 1