6 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Jack Darkness
Captain Jack Darkness

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-10-19

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 6:43 pm

I read an article that Matt Smith is only going to do one more season and then move on to Hollywood. He's ready to springboard into something else. I'm sure everyone has seen the article about the upcoming Sarah Jane episode where they deal with the Doctor possibly running out of regenerations. According to that, he's got an unlimited amount. With that said, who would you cast as the next Doctor? Here's my short list of actors that I think would be great in the role.

1. Peter Wingfield
2. Steve Coogan
3. Robert Carlyle
4. Jason Flemyng
5. Idris Elba
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Ummm... That article was proven to be false. It was based on an unnamed "friend" of his, and even Karen Gillan and Matt Smith have since said he doesn't plan to give up the role just yet. Matt Smith even said he'd like to do a Doctor Who movie, and that would probably assure his future on the show.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 6:55 pm

More with the rumor thing again... Rolling Eyes

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 6:57 pm

He's contracted for 3 years. Now, I don't know if that's 3 total, or 3 remaining.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 7:00 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
He's contracted for 3 years. Now, I don't know if that's 3 total, or 3 remaining.

Contracts can renew.

~
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Seeing that they always cast a younger actor to play the title role I wouldn't mind seeing Jamie Bamber as the Doctor although he might be "too old" by the time they need a new actor. That being said I really don't want Matt Smith to leave the role anytime soon and would love to see him beat Tom Baker's record.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:10 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
Seeing that they always cast a younger actor to play the title role I wouldn't mind seeing Jamie Bamber as the Doctor although he might be "too old" by the time they need a new actor.

I would actually really like seeing an older actor in the role. Someone who was Tennant's age really makes more sense to me. He was 35 when starting the role, 39 when leaving. More believable age for the doctor to me, for some reason, than someone who's in his mid-20s.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:23 pm

Um... Matt is in his late 20's, but I do see your point.

I'd say I would want the next Doctor to be an older man, but I want Matt Smith to stay on for a good long time!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:28 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
jfh1970 wrote:
Seeing that they always cast a younger actor to play the title role I wouldn't mind seeing Jamie Bamber as the Doctor although he might be "too old" by the time they need a new actor.

I would actually really like seeing an older actor in the role. Someone who was Tennant's age really makes more sense to me. He was 35 when starting the role, 39 when leaving. More believable age for the doctor to me, for some reason, than someone who's in his mid-20s.

I would love to see an actor step in even older than that but you and I know that's never gonna happen. I hear you on the "believabilty" factor and yes I know this is fiction but it's still jarring for me to watch Matt Smith act like he's much older than the actors playing his companions.

Up until recently I used to be a big fan of The Vampire Diaries but I got burned out from all of these teenagers running around like they know everything. I'm not bitter but at the age of 40 I still don't know everything and I know I never will. Anyone that claims to is a scary person in my book. Back on topic though I was telling my friend about giving up the show and started wondering when I'm going to suffer from the same burn out when it comes to DW since it has jumped on the "youth is power" bandwagon too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 am

I want Matt to stay for a while too. cheers cheers cheers

P.S. Rumors are "not" cool! Evil or Very Mad Laughing
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:08 am

kcooper76 wrote:

It is "years," and not "seasons," right? Remember, we're getting two "seasons" next year... Twisted Evil

(Okay, I admit I'm just trying to wind The Doctor88 up.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:34 am

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:

It is "years," and not "seasons," right? Remember, we're getting two "seasons" next year... Twisted Evil

you'll be fine. Trust me! * holds self from going overboard about Matt Smith.* Razz
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:19 am

kcooper76 wrote:

I still don't get how splitting one series where we don't get the same episodes in either part nor do we get more equals two seasons. Now if it was done the way the new series of Battlestar Galactica was done then that might make more sense to me.

For example: Doctor Who 6.0 and Doctor Who 6.5

Excluding this concept, to claim that we're getting two series (Moff, you listening?) is absurd.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 1:17 am

jfh1970 wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:

I still don't get how splitting one series where we don't get the same episodes in either part nor do we get more equals two seasons. Now if it was done the way the new series of Battlestar Galactica was done then that might make more sense to me.

For example: Doctor Who 6.0 and Doctor Who 6.5

Excluding this concept, to claim that we're getting two series (Moff, you listening?) is absurd.

Unless the BBC is trying to burn through that three "season" contract... Twisted Evil

Seriously, when I first heard about this "split-season" concept, it was BSG and the SciFi Channel I thought of...it seemed to work out okay for them. Of course, BSG would always end with some mind-blowing cliffhanger so you wouldn't forget to watch the show once it eventually came back...

...no, I can't think of one either, Moff. Sorry. Anything short of Hartnell, Troughton and Pertwee surprising Amy in the TARDIS with a "We're the originals, we'll have you know!" ain't gonna blow my mind. (Although Paul McGann with a "I was the one-off" would be nice.)
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:05 pm

Actually I have confirmation that there WILL be a new Doctor after next season. A photo just popped up of the New Doctor online just today...

Spoiler:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm thoroughly excited about this! Especially how this will change The Doctor's dynamic with Amy! Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:17 pm

At least the Doctor finally got the 'ginger' he wanted. Shocked
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:32 pm

... Oh my... I can't look away! When does it stop?
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

A NEW DOCTOR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW DOCTOR?   A NEW DOCTOR? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:19 am

jfh1970 wrote:
Seeing that they always cast a younger actor to play the title role I wouldn't mind seeing Jamie Bamber as the Doctor although he might be "too old" by the time they need a new actor. That being said I really don't want Matt Smith to leave the role anytime soon and would love to see him beat Tom Baker's record.

I don't think I could get past seeing Lee Adama as The Doctor. His character by the end of BSG was pathetic and weak.

Although quite easy on they eyes....
Back to top Go down

A NEW DOCTOR?
Page 1 of 1