jfh1970
Wes Crayon
DacaZ
mysterylad
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Rate S5E8: The Hungry Earth
Fantastic! Brilliant! Molto benne!
S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 7 ]
Good episode.
S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 11 ]
Okay/Average episode.
S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Disappointing.
S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
WHAT A POOR EXCUSE FOR AN EPISODE!
S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:43 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Oh, I also wanted to mention that I am growing increasingly fond of the 11th Doctor, but there are a few major personality quirks that are driving me nuts. The main one is the fact that he flat-out refuses to even hint at what's going on.

Have you seen any of the 7th Doctor stories? You might not like him too much because he's known to always keep his companion in the dark.

Overall I really liked the story and I really like the way things are developing between Rory and the Doctor. Rory doesn't seem to be bumping heads with the Doctor as much as Mickey did. I have the feeling that these Silurians are all female which would explain why they look different. I can't remember their first appearance so I don't know if there were any females in that story. I also think that the third eye will not make an appearance as well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:59 am

jfh1970 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Oh, I also wanted to mention that I am growing increasingly fond of the 11th Doctor, but there are a few major personality quirks that are driving me nuts. The main one is the fact that he flat-out refuses to even hint at what's going on.

Have you seen any of the 7th Doctor stories? You might not like him too much because he's known to always keep his companion in the dark.

Overall I really liked the story and I really like the way things are developing between Rory and the Doctor. Rory doesn't seem to be bumping heads with the Doctor as much as Mickey did. I have the feeling that these Silurians are all female which would explain why they look different. I can't remember their first appearance so I don't know if there were any females in that story. I also think that the third eye will not make an appearance as well.

The only bit I've seen of the 7th Doctor is from the movie. :/

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 6:40 am

I too am liking Matt's Doctor more and more these days. I don't blame Matt for these quirks, I blame the bloomin' writer, MOFFAT! He has completely forgotten about all previous traits the Doctor has carried right from the start. What's up with that?

But I do think the episodes are getting better each week. I can't wait to see how this concludes! I'm trying not to get to excited incase its rubbish, but its kind of hard. I can't stop thinking about my little army of 5" Silurians and that just keeps me excited for this next episode!

I sure hope CO do make some Silurians. Perhaps they could have interchangeable heads; One with mask on, one with mask off as I don't think it'd be possible to actually have a removable mask? To fiddly, I'd think? I mean, if they can't make a removable hat then they certainly can't make a removable mask!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 7:23 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
[The only bit I've seen of the 7th Doctor is from the movie. :/

~

I'm surprised that you haven't seen him in Remembrance of the Daleks considering your passion for the little pepperpots. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:04 am

jfh1970 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
[The only bit I've seen of the 7th Doctor is from the movie. :/

~

I'm surprised that you haven't seen him in Remembrance of the Daleks considering your passion for the little pepperpots. Smile

Yes, start with this one. One of his best, I think.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:26 am

Yeah, Remembrance was my first 7th Doctor story. Tremendous episode! Absolutely love it!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:35 am

Well, tonight, I am watching Silurians! Good old Pertwee at his best!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:57 am

I was just thinking about when Rory placed the ring on the TARDIS console. Why do I have this feeling that this is not a good sign and that something really bad is going to happen to him by the end of the story? I had read that he was going to meet an untimely end, but I thought that was a reference to Amy's Choice.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:32 am

scarywood wrote:
Yeah, Remembrance was my first 7th Doctor story. Tremendous episode! Absolutely love it!

That was my first 7th Doctor story as well and it was because of that episode that I fell in love with the Imperial Dalek design, and the SWD.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:34 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:

Amy is desperate to know what's wrong with her, but he won't even hint. He just tells her to trust him. Does he just not know, does he not want to speculate, or what? He has no problem with being wrong yet when Amy asks him for answers, he changes the subject or ignores it entirely. And people say that Ten was cruel? Sorry, this is worse than anything that Ten had ever done in his arrogance. Even if he was belittling of Mickey, at least he didn't torture his companions to death by ignoring their questions that should have been addressed.

It seems that he has completely forgotten that he used to actually tell his companions what's going on. I know that Eight does it a lot and most of the Doctors would have done it. I still think that 11 is suffering from a bad bad BAD regeneration.

Of course, there's always the painfully obvious thought that for some reason he CAN'T tell her anything...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:58 am

artanyus wrote:
scarywood wrote:

That was my first 7th Doctor story as well and it was because of that episode that I fell in love with the Imperial Dalek design, and the SWD.

Yeah, the Imperial design is my favourite of all. I like it so much that one day I hope to make a full size version of it that I can zoom around in Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 12:41 pm

scarywood wrote:
artanyus wrote:
scarywood wrote:

Yeah, the Imperial design is my favourite of all. I like it so much that one day I hope to make a full size version of it that I can zoom around in Very Happy.

That would be awesome. I would love to see one like that.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 12:43 pm

mysterylad wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:

Amy is desperate to know what's wrong with her, but he won't even hint. He just tells her to trust him. Does he just not know, does he not want to speculate, or what? He has no problem with being wrong yet when Amy asks him for answers, he changes the subject or ignores it entirely. And people say that Ten was cruel? Sorry, this is worse than anything that Ten had ever done in his arrogance. Even if he was belittling of Mickey, at least he didn't torture his companions to death by ignoring their questions that should have been addressed.

It seems that he has completely forgotten that he used to actually tell his companions what's going on. I know that Eight does it a lot and most of the Doctors would have done it. I still think that 11 is suffering from a bad bad BAD regeneration.

Of course, there's always the painfully obvious thought that for some reason he CAN'T tell her anything...

That thought hadn't crossed my mind yet, but now that you mention it, it does seem like a good reason. Just look at some of the episodes from Ten's era where he didn't want to tell them, but did only to see the events written out the same with some minor differences. That will certainly leave him not wanting to tell Amy what's is going to happen or is going on, in order to ensure that perhaps history can be changed.
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:00 pm

"Can't you Sonic it?"

"It doesn't do wood."

"That is rubbish!"

"Oy! Don't diss the Sonic!"

I smell a T-Shirt in the making.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:27 pm

I thought this was a great episode. I am looking forward to Silurian toys and I like the look. I don't think it's as unique visually as the old design, but maybe we'll see an update of that look some day.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 7:54 pm

seeing as how this is a 2-parter, i'm not going to judge this episode too harshly. this seemed like more of a lead in to the second story. as long as the 2nd story is good, i won't knock the whole serial.

to me, i liked that this went a bit slower than the time of angels. by the time that got to flesh and stone, it was only a disapointment. as long as the next episode isn't all about the crack, and the crack is the deus ex machina in the doctor beating the enemy, i'll be happy.

my only major complaint about the writing was two things. 1. rory loves amy so much, but the doctor loses her, says trust him, and rory doesn't hit him or anything. sorry, but to me he doesn't come across as greiving.
2. a way doctor could have avoided said beating, or said afterward, would have been to said "look, we saw you two waving to us from the future. you know we'll get her back." that was a missed opportunity for time travel.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:20 am

Clavius wrote:
"Can't you Sonic it?"

"It doesn't do wood."

"That is rubbish!"

"Oy! Don't diss the Sonic!"

I smell a T-Shirt in the making.

LOL I loved that bit. And I too can definitely see a T-shirt in the making there.
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:45 am

jfh1970 wrote:
I was just thinking about when Rory placed the ring on the TARDIS console. Why do I have this feeling that this is not a good sign and that something really bad is going to happen to him by the end of the story? I had read that he was going to meet an untimely end, but I thought that was a reference to Amy's Choice.

I MUST go seek out more spoilers and speculation about this! If that really happens, I WILL BE UPSET!!! *hoping that Rory's untimely end was the temporary one in AC*

I really enjoyed this episode, though...so much good and scary stuff! I can hardly wait for the next one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:14 am

I just saw some pictures that featured more Silurians and they're male so there goes my theory that these new ones were all female. Didn't see the third eye and I have to admit that I am a little disappointed.
Back to top Go down
tegan4
tegan4

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-12-21

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:39 am

jfh1970 wrote:

I was thinking, what if Rory falls into the crack, and he is wiped from time, then Amy finds the ring and wants to know where it came from, and maybe the Doctor will remember??? I don't know, lol. Just guessing here.

Or maybe the Doctor needs a diamond really fast for some reason, and either Amy doesn't have it on her, or it's handy in the TARDIS.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 4:35 am

It'll be a surprise to me to see the crack again because I thought it was plugged up with the weeping angels. Even if I'm right though we still don't know what caused it in the first place which I'm sure will be revealed before series end.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Overall poll vote: Good episode.
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:31 pm

tegan4 wrote:
I was thinking, what if Rory falls into the crack, and he is wiped from time,

Give the man a Jelly Baby!
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:32 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
It'll be a surprise to me to see the crack again because I thought it was plugged up with the weeping angels. Even if I'm right though we still don't know what caused it in the first place which I'm sure will be revealed before series end.

While not seen, the crack was hinted at in Vampires of Venice. It's the whole reason the fish were there... and the silence in the end was part of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)   S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:14 pm

I enjoyed this one. . .
Back to top Go down

S5E8: The Hungry Earth (Spoilers)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2