0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

412: The Stolen Earth Empty
PostSubject: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 6:39 pm

412: The Stolen Earth

Please keep in mind that that this episode has already aired in the UK. This thread will probably contain LOTS of spoilers. If you don't want to ruin the fun, you may want to come back once the episode airs on SciFi in a few weeks.

The above is the usual warning, but I want to add that this episode is the first of the two part season finale, so please, please do not read or consider reading or posting in here until you've seen this episode as there will be lots and lots and lots of spoilers being discussed by those who have seen it. You have been overly warned.

Last edited by gregtdj on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added extra warning)
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 7:39 pm

It was like a fan fiction! A glorious fan fiction!
Back to top Go down
Whofan
Whofan

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 7:55 pm

I'm happy and sad!
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 9:53 pm

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Not yet, too soon, not yet. Please tell me it's some kind of alternate universe thing. If it's not, then my god, did the production team pull off a small miracle keeping THAT secret and if so, BRAVO to them!!!

Can I jump ahead to next Saturday right now please?
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 9:55 pm

Definitely mixed thoughts as to this ep. I loved the flow, story was really well written and certainly brings the season's little clues all togethor. Loved it and hated it when it came to the end of it. Certainly raised questions of what will happen now. Following is definitely spoiler related, but as it says up above, if your reading this without seeing it, you can expect spoilers.

Medusa cascade...out of sync...out of time??? So if that's true then do events that occur already become negated when they occur? Maybe any "changes" would be to, and in rela tion to those "changes" I wonder if anything can be taken from the hand glowing? Last time they showed that was in the Doctor's daughter, and yet Jenny was still Jenny in the end...I wonder. Otherwise, credit to RTD for the "No, that can't happen" moments in the ending. Best line for me was the discussion about Kaan's temporal shift. Makes a whole lot of what if's.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:08 am

"Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister" Well done!!

I hope they come out with a Wilfred Mott action figure with paint gun accessory.

And Dalek Caan, as the Doctor would say, "I'm sorry, I'm soo sorry"
Back to top Go down
memnoch
memnoch

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: They could always...   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:14 am

... have him
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 9:32 am

I'm just going to repost what I wrote somewhere else.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
timlord

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 10:01 am

Sarah jane smith traveled with the doctor longer than any of the current companions and knows him better than they do. she brings great experience in many species including the daleks. In an interview in an upcoming mag liz states might be her last meeting with the doctor. also with new honcho prob taking the show off in different directions it is nice to wrap up everyones story and give a fresh start in 2010!I'D rather have sarah jane back than martha and jack!
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 11:55 am

Mr Copper...who is this mysterious man for whom the Mr Copper foundation was formed and went on to create the subwave network? A network to contact those who know the doctor to work togethor to contact him? Who is Mr Copper?!
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:05 pm

gregtdj wrote:
Mr Copper...who is this mysterious man for whom the Mr Copper foundation was formed and went on to create the subwave network? A network to contact those who know the doctor to work togethor to contact him? Who is Mr Copper?!
I believe it's the Mr. Copper from Voyage of the Damned who actually had millions of dollars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
neonlogo
neonlogo

Number of posts : 258

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:33 pm

I keep thinking the "regeneration" is some kind of red herring. The whole season the Doctor has been preaching to Donna about "Making Choices", and "I can't change History". I think this'll hafta come into play next week.
All in all it was a pretty good romp, and I can't wait untill next Saturday...For Journey's End...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/grubgun
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:11 pm

Mr Copper was in Voyage of the Damned, the actor plays Richard on Keeping up appearances and was also Jobel in Revelation of the Daleks.

One site actually has some photos of The Tenth Doctor in both of his outfits, blue and brown in the next episode being filmed at 'bad wolf bay'

Mind you, these are just rumors, and like the Harriet Jones is the Supreme Dalek rumor should be taken with a big grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:59 pm

neonlogo wrote:
I keep thinking the "regeneration" is some kind of red herring.

I considered this myself but now I have to ask.

The concept of "regeneration" is one of the touchstones of Doctor Who lore. Does anyone else think it would be a tad cheap and/or disrespectful to the fans if RTD pulled a big 'ol "PSYCHE!" on everyone?

If this is a false regeneration, then I think it would lessen the emotional impact of the ACTUAL regeneration when it finally does happen.

Even tough I'd really hate to see David Tennant go, if they're gonna do it, they should follow through with it.
Back to top Go down
taliesyn30
taliesyn30

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 2:52 pm

This was not an episode, this was an EVENT!

The show beat all other UK TV shows by two million to be top of the ratings for Saturday. TWO MILLION! How many other sci-fi shows can say that!

Superb, astounding, uber fan fiction....

Here is my full review - spoilers obvioulsy so please don;t read if you don't want to know!

http://www.telewatcher.com/Science-Fiction/Doctor-Who/The-Stolen-Earth-Doctor-Who-Series-4-Episode-12.152805

Tal x
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 10:35 pm

well I was in ireland lst week and this Saturday I raced back to my hotel at 7 and the stolen earth was on! I could not sleep after this...I really do not believe the regeneration to be a new doc...why? Photos of tennant with the fella from life on mars with cyberman and also photos of tennant in a blue suit on the beach talking to rose. In doomsday he had on a brown suit. Also there are press photos of jackie and mickey...along with ten, sarah, jack and rose. So on this thought I will sleep tonight.

Sorry to be ashamedly blunt, but what a fan happy fest....loved it, worried, sniffled and dropped my jaw...good stuff this!
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 1:17 am

Brilliant episode! Best in the series! I loved the way the Doctor was so close to getting to Rose. Brilliant cliffhanger - Regeneration!
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 9:32 am

Right, here are my theories:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:11 am

You can find the trailer for "Journey's End" by

CLICKING HERE
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:42 pm

All I can say about this eppie was wow. It was brilliant. Not since the series 2 two-parter finale have I been so hyped for the next episode to get here already (the only downside that we have to wait for Christmas for the next episode then only specials next year). Not only did it kick butt in the UK ratings (as taliesyn30 noted above) but it got its highest AI rating ever. I just hope we are not let down.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:21 pm

o.k....theories here...
tardis is red in the ep turn left- ala paradox machine from sound of drums hmmmm
master had ol' bubbly hand in Utopia- hmmmm
are we going to get a clone doc...hmmm
or a new master? hmmmmm
as stated in turn left...Donnas chance meetings with the doc seem to be arranged- is Donna good? hmmmmm. Or is she the key to bringing the doc back? hmmmmmmmmm
She also seems very attuned to the doc...can she be like the watcher...hmmmm
Is she from earth? hmmmmmm
song will end soon? hmmmmmm
A companion will die...is Donna too obvious? hmmmm
Who then? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So many possibilities-
As for bad wolf...Rose seems hardened...is she Rose? hmmm.
The main meat is about making the right or left (pardon the pun) decisions.
Botched regenerations...are we going to see an 8, 7, 6, 5 or 4 doc..then back to a ten.
Guessing into thin air...I will be wrong...hope it is not the ol' reset sci fi ending. Now I'm going to read the Sun and the Mirror to get the proper predictions...just kidding.
Back to top Go down
AC Rempt
AC Rempt

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 12:39 pm

If he doesn't actually regenerate, I will be upset. It's time. He's done a ton of stories, has been an excellent Doctor, but now it's time for a change, and he's been mortally wounded. It would be the biggest surprise of the whole series so far if they could regenerate him into a new Doctor and no one knew.

As for the episode, it dealt with a lot of different threads, but it handled them well. I was explaining a few things to my girlfriend, like who Sarah Jane was, but the rest made sense to her, and she's not a big Who fan.

I don't think we've seen the end of the Shadow Proclamation, and they are the means to fix the earth by the end. Judoon vs the Daleks would be great.

And this is the best Davros has been since Genesis of the Daleks. He looks and sounds just right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sophiethedog.com
neonlogo
neonlogo

Number of posts : 258

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 1:09 pm

I don't know what has happened to Billie Piper's Mouth. There were times during TURN LEFT and STOLEN EARTH where she was talking, but it just sounded like a garbled mumble. She doesn't seem able to open her mouth. It's like she has her jaw wired shut (one can dream), or she's biting the insides of her cheeks while she delivers her lines.
I never really liked Rose to begin with (too needy), but she has now had some kind of surgery to make her mouth resemble a Silurian, and that's just weird. I kind of wish RTD'd have the ba**s to just kill her off once and for all. Alternate Universe?! C'mon! Gimmie a break!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/grubgun
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 1:20 pm

From all the fantastic predictions, I was thinking, is this actually a parallel universe we're seeing here, or is it a dream of sorts?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 412: The Stolen Earth   412: The Stolen Earth EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 5:41 pm

Could the faithful companion be .... The TARDIS itself? there had been rumors regarding a new design to it, not to mention it is on fire in the final episode.

Just a thought
Back to top Go down

412: The Stolen Earth
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next