6 posters
AuthorMessage
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Cybus-Earth Empty
PostSubject: Cybus-Earth   Cybus-Earth EmptySun May 27, 2012 6:47 pm

So, the world where Rose ended up... the alternate universe earth... Is there no Doctor in that reality?

This morning, in the shower (where a lot of thoughts come to me), I started wondering if this is the reality where Death Comes to Time took place. My line of thought is that the Doctor dies, and Ace takes his place as a Time Person... but, she's never been fond of trips home. Now, with her ability to go anywhere in Space and Time, she never comes to Earth, where home is.

Then my thoughts strayed to the reality where Inferno took place. Why do you suppose there was no Doctor there. Moot, I know, since that Earth was destroyed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Cybus-Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cybus-Earth   Cybus-Earth EmptySun May 27, 2012 7:02 pm

For Inferno world... (assuming the Doc did exist at some point), War Games could have been the turning point. The Time Lords could have executed him, imprisoned him on Gallifrey or exiled him to another world.

Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Cybus-Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cybus-Earth   Cybus-Earth EmptySun May 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Parallel universes are formed by a divergence from the main timeline (ours). Time Lords (and Gallifrey) exist outside of time, thus are not "copied" when an alternate timeline or parallel universe is formed.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Cybus-Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cybus-Earth   Cybus-Earth EmptySun May 27, 2012 7:26 pm

^^^Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Cybus-Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cybus-Earth   Cybus-Earth EmptySun May 27, 2012 8:57 pm

I agree with rdks. The Doctor even said something like "When the Timelords were around, you could pop into an alternate Universe, and be back in time for dinner". Seeing as how two same beings create some sort of emergency, like Father's Day, it would only stand to reason that they weren't afraid of meeting themselves, because there wouldn't be a duplicate copy.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Cybus-Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cybus-Earth   Cybus-Earth EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:24 am

rdks wrote:
Parallel universes are formed by a divergence from the main timeline (ours). Time Lords (and Gallifrey) exist outside of time, thus are not "copied" when an alternate timeline or parallel universe is formed.

You know, I recall the Doctor making a comment like that. Interesting.

How does that mesh with Battlefield, then? I never felt it was clear that our Doctor was the Merlin Doctor. It almost seemed to me that it was an alternate reality Doctor, but that may be my misunderstanding, because in Lungbarrow, the Doctor seems to think he's going to be Merlin at various points in his future. In fact, 7 seems to think one will be sometime soon for him.

Whenever the Doctor talks about being ginger, it makes me think of him being Merlin. Not sure why.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Cybus-Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cybus-Earth   Cybus-Earth EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:15 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
For Inferno world... (assuming the Doc did exist at some point), War Games could have been the turning point. The Time Lords could have executed him, imprisoned him on Gallifrey or exiled him to another world.

That particular alt-Doctor was mentioned in a book. It turned out that the leader of the Republic of Great Britain.

As for Pete's verse, I always assumed that because they had a Torchwood, they had a Doctor. I figured he was busy saving somewhere else...

Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Cybus-Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cybus-Earth   Cybus-Earth EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:43 am

Calixar wrote:
How does that mesh with Battlefield, then? I never felt it was clear that our Doctor was the Merlin Doctor.
In Battlefield, the 7th Doctor says Merlin is a "future incarnation" that goes and visits that alternate reality.

(at least according to the write-up I just read of Battlefield - I haven't watched it for a long time)
Back to top Go down

Cybus-Earth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: