36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:26 am

mattmanw54301 wrote:
Bampin. Cruisin my way through the post-ROTJ novels. Finished Allegiance and Choices of One, both by Timothy Zahn, and now working on The New Rebellion. Patiently waiting on my shelf are the rest of the post-ROTJ series from the 90s, the New Jedi Order, Legacy of the Force, and books 1-7 of Fate of the Jedi. My goal is to read them all by the time Episode 7 comes out.

Had to sell the Jabba display and Rancor for some quick cash, but I will update soon with my GIANT MILLENNIUM FALCON and Tattooine display.
Also picked up a custom Darth Caedus, who is a major character that I won't spoil his identity.

I wonder if it was the same guy that I got my custom Darth Caedus from. He was very impressive:
The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 Caedus2_zps480b1833

Here is the Darth Caedus and Jaina Solo I bought:
The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 Twins_zps5d200587
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:19 am

John Williams is confirmed to continue composing the music for Star Wars 7! This is FANTASTIC news!! I couldn't imagine anyone else doing the score for Star Wars. cheers

More info: http://mashable.com/2013/07/28/john-williams-star-wars-vii/
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:57 am

I think SW can live without him at this point. Out of the prequels, was there really anything highly memorable outside of duel of the fates? His scores now a days to me dont have as much impact on the films anymore like was the case in the 70s and 80s
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Still better than finding out that Aerosmith is going to do Star Wars 7. Nothing personal against them, but it just wouldn't be right to deviate too far off the mark.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:10 pm

What about these guys?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
I think SW can live without him at this point. Out of the prequels, was there really anything highly memorable outside of duel of the fates? His scores now a days to me dont have as much impact on the films anymore like was the case in the 70s and 80s

As much as I love John Williams, I totally agree with everything you said. I always thought that Joel McNeely did an excellent job with the Shadows of the Empire score. Plus Kevin Kiner created some great music for the Clone Wars series.

Regardless, I am interested in hearing what he comes up with.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:20 pm

Shadows was a fantastic score. It was so crazy that when listening to it, I could visualized the entire story. I think John has just become a tradition now, and they feel he is the only one for the job.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:23 pm

And in other Star Wars news, concept art from Star Wars: Rebels. I am glad that some of the Clone Wars staff is involved with this.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/28/4565204/star-wars-rebels-concept-art-logo-ghost
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:37 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Shadows was a fantastic score.  It was so crazy that when listening to it, I could visualized the entire story.  I think John has just become a tradition now, and they feel he is the only one for the job.  

Yeah, probably...I mean, hey, at least they got John and not someone that wasn't up to the challenge! Although, if he had turned it down, I am pretty sure that Michael Giacchino would have gotten the job - at least for the Abrams directed flick - I think he would have done a good job.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:42 pm

What about Hans Zimmer?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
What about Hans Zimmer?

Thoughts?

Zimmer probably would have done a decent job in my opinion...although, there is a lot of hate for his Man Of Steel score (which I like by the way). You should see the arguments on various message boards!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Haven't heard it myself, or seen the movie. So don't haz an opinion.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 9:11 pm

Loved his scored for Man of Steel. I'm also a fan of his work on The Dark Knight trilogy and The Bible TV series. I wouldn't mind if he composed for SW7, either! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 9:21 pm

Scary wrote:
Loved his scored for Man of Steel. I'm also a fan of his work on The Dark Knight trilogy and The Bible TV series. I wouldn't mind if he composed for SW7, either! Very Happy

His score for The Lone Ranger is pretty good (haven't seen the flick though). Hmm...seems we are getting a wee bit off topic Razz 
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:41 am

John Williams needs to score any and all SW movies as long as he can. It's going to be weird enough having the Bad Robot logo replacing the 20th Century Fox logo at the beginning. Someone else doing the music would seem too jarring. We gotta ease into these new SW movies.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Maybe if John does the main films, and someone else does the secondary movies.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:36 am

That's an idea I can get behind, Ronpur. Keep the 'episode' films as normal as possible, and let the spin off films do different stuff.

So, my Tattooine display is almost ready. I have Biggs, 2 Tuskens, Luke with dorky hat and poncho, 3 Sand troopers, 2 Jawas, a couple droids, Greedo, and Jabba the Hutt. Thinking of getting either a Bantha or Ronto to finish it off.

Now I just ordered some stuff for an Endor display. I have 2 speeder bikes and 7 Ewoks on the way. Nub nub!!! And the Yavin Pilot 5 pack from TRU. Finally, I will own a Porkins!!!!
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 10:41 pm

Here is teh Caedus:

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 Caedus11

And today's haul:
The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 Dscn2110
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Wow, he looks great!
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:26 pm

So, as some of you know, I am working long hours overnight. I am here by myself. I have alot of down time, time to think, etc. And recently, an idea hit me while watching Return of the Jedi at work. Something that bothered me as a kid, and still does. We know that the Ewoks tried to cook and eat Luke, Han, and Chewie. And at the celebration scene at the end, we see a row of Stormtrooper helmets set up being drummed on. The implication is clear to me: the Ewoks ate the Stormtroopers who were killed in battle.

Then, the story idea struck me. A harrowing tale of a group of Imperials, stranded on Endor after the battle. They are brutally tortured and killed by cuddly, sadistic Ewoks. It will be Cannibal Holocaust but set in the SW universe.

I am not sure yet if it will be a fanfic story, or if I can turn it into a script for a fan film. I have a friend who knows a ton about makeup and gore effects. And his friend has dozens of SW costumes, including molds to produce Stormtroopers and Biker Scout troops.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:17 am

mattmanw... that. is. awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 1:13 pm

Picked up one of the new Mission Series packs this weekend. Jango is fantastic! cheers

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Ok, time for some shelf pr0n.

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 DSCN2193_zps9dbcd8bd

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 DSCN2194_zps5f717a4e

Mos Eisley Spaceport.

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 DSCN2196_zps732212a8

The Fandom Menace

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 DSCN2197_zps0911a9b5
Attack of the Clones

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 DSCN2198_zpsf381bba8
Multiple Padmes

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 DSCN2199_zpsabfe182c
Clone Wars shelf 1

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 DSCN2200_zps6f425948
Clone Wars shelf 2

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 Dscn2210
Clone Wars shelf 3

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 Dscn2211
Revenge of the Sith/ The Force Unleashed.

To be continued...

Last edited by mattmanw54301 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Ewan McGregor could be returning to reprise the role of Obi-Wan in SW7. It's interesting... If he is, then he'll obviously be taking the role of old Obi-Wan... I'm not sure if they could pull it off - Alec Guinness is uncomparable - but McGregor did an extraordinary job in the prequels, I'm sure he could pull off Ben Kenobi well. bounce

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 8:01 pm

Scary wrote:
Ewan McGregor could be returning to reprise the role of Obi-Wan in SW7. It's interesting... If he is, then he'll obviously be taking the role of old Obi-Wan... I'm not sure if they could pull it off - Alec Guinness is uncomparable - but McGregor did an extraordinary job in the prequels, I'm sure he could pull off Ben Kenobi well. bounce
I can get behind that... I just hope that they will conveniently ignore things like midichlorians and clones and forget it ever happened.

Razz 

Back to top Go down

The Official Star Wars Thread
Page 11 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next