36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Still cruising through Rogue Squadron... half way through book 4 The Bacta War.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 pm

"What is a wraith?"

"Something I heard about in my childhood. Dark things that come in the night for you. That's what I think we are. For the Empire, for the warlords- we're the phantoms under the bed, the monsters in the storage cubicles."

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Wraith Squadron were by far my favorite of the books. What a great cast of characters.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:36 am

Funny how a MMO can tell a more compelling tale with a more satisfying pay off then three whole movies with multi-million dollar budgets.

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 Screenshot_2013-01-04_19_53_55_890051_zpsfe85920c
The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 Screenshot_2013-01-04_19_53_37_841401_zpse32f5c2a
The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 Screenshot_2013-01-04_19_54_07_604145_zpsa7dda8e3

...and that's only Chapter One.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:02 am

Well done to my 15 year old step son for putting together (with out any help) one of his Christmas gifts. I'm not much into lego Star Wars but I have to say its amazing how the little bricks can come together to make such an impressive model with such great detail.

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 P1000810
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:46 am

Rust wrote:
Funny how a MMO can tell a more compelling tale with a more satisfying pay off then three whole movies with multi-million dollar budgets.

SW KOTOR 1 cheers
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:29 am

Finished up Wraith Squadron. Sigh. I really need to get the Dark Horse X Wing Omnibuses and check out the comics.

Now onward to The Courtship of Princess Leia.

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:44 am

Strictly speaking, I prefer KOTOR 2 despite the rushed third half and the non-ending. The first 2/3rds of the game were a fascinating look into the nature of the Force and what constitutes "The Dark Side". Kreia was a extremely interesting character and a fresh look at the Jedi/Sith conflict. Unlike Revan - who was Jedi, turned, and was redeemed - Kreia had been both Jedi and Sith and cast out of both.

I wish we'd gotten more time with her.

"It is such a quiet thing to fall... but far more terrible as to admit it. "

"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you. "
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:34 pm

So now Han finally has Leia... Isolder has Teneniel... and yet again Luke the nice guy get shafted.

Fear not Luke, you're about to meet the girl that will eventually make up for it Very Happy

Onward to Heir to the Empire !

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:35 pm

I'm partway through Heir right now. Also, just ordered the Dark Empire Trilogy hardcover graphic novel.

Also, a local paintball field is doing a Battle of Hoth themed winter game in 2 weeks. It will be a standard Capture the Flag type game, outdoors, in the snow, with a team representing the Rebel Alliance in a fortified base, while the Imperial Army tries to assault said base. To account for The Empire's seemingly limitless resources, the people who play for the Empire will have unlimited 'lives'. They just have to go back to their base and start the assault over again.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
So now Han finally has Leia... Isolder has Teneniel... and yet again Luke the nice guy get shafted.

Fear not Luke, you're about to meet the girl that will eventually make up for it Very Happy

Onward to Heir to the Empire !

According to the Clone Wars cartoon, this is what the Nightsisters of Dathomir look like:

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 Nights10

Not exactly what I expected.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:01 pm

mattmanw54301 wrote:

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 Nights10

Just Dance!
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:05 pm

They all look like Elektra IMO.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:15 pm

Just watched A New Hope on Blu-ray the other day...I didn't remember the CG Dewbacks looking as bad as they do (IMO).

Maybe one day they will release the original untouched versions of the trilogy in anamorphic widescreen...
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:27 pm

mattmanw54301 wrote:
They all look like Elektra IMO.

They need to party with the Sisterhood of Sarn
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:31 pm

guvnagrover wrote:
Just watched A New Hope on Blu-ray the other day...I didn't remember the CG Dewbacks looking as bad as they do (IMO).

One of the flaws in Lucas' grand scheme of using CG to "enhance" his masterpiece - CGI inevitably dates a film.

If you want something extraordinarily cringe worthy, go check out the replaced Jabba Band sequence in ROTJ. The puppets might not have been the best, but they never dated the movie as severely as that.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:06 pm

That scene was really awful in the theater, DVD, AND Blu Ray. It still doesn't fit at all into the movie.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 am

I understand he was unhappy with the puppets. What I don't understand is why he completely altered the tone of the scene. I thought the point of that scene was to get a tease of the Rancor with the Dancer...and then Lucas went and altered the music of the sequence so the dancing doesn't even match the music.

And he's so dang proud of that CG too - complete with close up on the new singer's mouth.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:09 am

Rust wrote:
I understand he was unhappy with the puppets. What I don't understand is why he completely altered the tone of the scene. I thought the point of that scene was to get a tease of the Rancor with the Dancer...and then Lucas went and altered the music of the sequence so the dancing doesn't even match the music.

And he's so dang proud of that CG too - complete with close up on the new singer's mouth.

Well, I'm no fan, but this is the same guy who decided that "Greedo Shot First". Only change I think was good was the music at the end of Jedi, the flutes and all that, that was good.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Finished up Last Command last night... now back to Rogue Squadron goodness cheers

X Wing: Isard's Revenge

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Finished up Last Command last night... now back to Rogue Squadron goodness cheers

X Wing: Isard's Revenge

Good grief you are a fast reader. I am still halfway through Heir to the Empire.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:14 pm

mattmanw54301 wrote:

Good grief you are a fast reader. I am still halfway through Heir to the Empire.

Very Happy

I've always been a fast reader I guess. At the rate I go through the SW novels, it only takes me about 3-4 hours per book.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
mattmanw54301 wrote:

Very Happy

I've always been a fast reader I guess. At the rate I go through the SW novels, it only takes me about 3-4 hours per book.

Wow!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:47 pm

I still need to find a copy of Splinter of the Minds Eye to read again. I read it when I was way to young to pay attention to what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:05 pm

And with the demise of Iceheart, now the Jedi Academy trilogy begins!

Back to top Go down

The Official Star Wars Thread
Page 7 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next