4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

The Star Wars Collecting Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:39 am

Well I know this section is called 'Doctor Who Collecting,' but I don't know where else to put it.

Anyway, talk about Star Wars figures, Mighty Mugs, LEGO and the rest of it here!

Some new Clone Wars figures and sets have just been announced:

2011 Wave 4:
Plo Koon (Cold Weather Gear)
Savage Opress (Shirtless)
ARF Trooper (Kamino)

2011 Wave 5:
Saesee Tiin
Stealth Ops Clone
Kit Fisto (Cold Weather Gear)
Seripas
Captain Rex with Jetpack

I really love the look of the Stealth Ops Clone and Savage is a must! He was so cool in that episode!

Some more Vintage figures, too;

2011 Wave 5:
Bastila Shan
Echo Base Trooper
Ponda Boba
A-Wing Pilot
Luke Skywalker (Which appears to be a 2011 wave 1 reissue)

Yay for another Death Star Escape Luke! i missed the first one, I'll hopefully be able to get this one now. Smile

Also, I hope you can slice Ponda's arm off Razz

I think that's it for new releases. Can't wait for those Clones, and any Original Trilogy Vintage figure is welcome in my collection! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:14 am

I may get Savage, as he was a cool character. The others hold no interest for me. Wish there was a Nightsister!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:25 am

Ronpur wrote:
I may get Savage, as he was a cool character. The others hold no interest for me. Wish there was a Nightsister!

That would have been cool! I'm surprised Hasbro didn't re-release Ventress in translucent plastic, actually.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:33 am

Give them time, lol!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 11:52 am

WAHOO!!

I just purchased the Vintage Mail-Away exclusive Rocket Firing Boba Fett off eBay for an AMAZING £15.00!!! All the other ones that I've seen are like £60, what with him being worth 5 figures AND being so rare here in the UK.

So happy I've got my hands on him for such a good price! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:23 pm

Just uploaded a video of some Star Wars LEGO figures. Mind, these are the only ones I can find...

Part 2 soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
whofan 1138
whofan 1138

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:35 pm

nice work, on the Rocket Fett Scary ! Surprised

I don't have a Lego Yoda or Vader, yet... must haves ! I'll post a pic of what Lego figures I have, in a bit...
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:56 pm

And here's part 2:

Awesome, would be great to see what you have! Very Happy

Vader and Yoda are definitely musts! Vader is my absolute favourite, and Yoda probably follows close behind. Smile
Back to top Go down
whofan 1138
whofan 1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:42 pm

Episode II Obi-wan
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_1837

Luke's landspeeder set
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_8569

Princess Leia
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_7924

Han, Chewy & Admiral Ackbar
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_4863

Wampa cave set
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_0769

snowspeeder
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_1921
Back to top Go down
whofan 1138
whofan 1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:45 pm

CLONE WARS

Mandolorians
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_6099

troopers
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_7091

Count Dooku and some Jedi
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_0813

Anakin's fighter
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_3499
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_3545
Back to top Go down
whofan 1138
whofan 1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Plo-Koon's fighter
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_7618
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_6968

Jedi shuttle with Obi-wan
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_7683
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_6913
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_3790

I just found these Marvel guys... they're very well done.
The Star Wars Collecting Thread IMG_5330
The black Spidey is supposedly rare. with articulated knees and elbows, they might be a new standard for these kind of figures.

anyway, I can't wait to add some Doctor Who to this collection. Cool
Back to top Go down
whofan 1138
whofan 1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:01 pm

just watching your 2nd video, scary. great collection ! love the troopers. it's funny... I think I like the flesh colored figures better. they'll go nicely with the WHO figures, when I finally get them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:05 pm

Very cool! Wish I still had all my sets in one piece. Unfortunately they're all in pieces in a big box! Razz

Thanks for posting pics, Whofan! cheers

And yeah, that's a good point. However I think I like the yellow ones more because they are what I always grew up with. Smile
Back to top Go down
whofan 1138
whofan 1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:11 pm

right... as it should be, IMO. Very Happy but, I was 24 when the first SW Legos came out...
so, they're naturally less nostalgic for me. I do want the new Slave I set, badly. and I hope we get some sets from the films released soon. The Clone Wars sets are great, but I think I'm done with them, for a while. except for troopers ! Laughing with episode I coming back out next year, I'm sure we'll see some sets from that movie. hopefully, I'll finally get a Darth Maul. Cool
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:31 pm

whofan 1138 wrote:
right... as it should be, IMO. Very Happy but, I was 24 when the first SW Legos came out...
so, they're naturally less nostalgic for me. I do want the new Slave I set, badly. and I hope we get some sets from the films released soon. The Clone Wars sets are great, but I think I'm done with them, for a while. except for troopers ! Laughing with episode I coming back out next year, I'm sure we'll see some sets from that movie. hopefully, I'll finally get a Darth Maul. Cool

I want the new Slave 1 as well. Unfortunately I won't be able to get it for a LONG time. I'm saving towards the Death Star playset, you see.

I want a Darth Maul too! Could have sworn there was a new one coming soon, but that might be false memory.
Back to top Go down
whofan 1138
whofan 1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:51 pm

there was one in 2007. but, I didn't get it... Mad hahaha
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Well, I got a vintage 1980 Falchon (it came as part of a sci-fi lot from a garage sale in 1993, and it was take it all or leave it) and been selling pieces off of it, and if someone wants it, I'll trade it for Daleks or anime figures.

I'll post it on the sales section once I get the pictures of it ready.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:16 pm

The Castellan wrote:
Well, I got a vintage 1980 Falchon (it came as part of a sci-fi lot from a garage sale in 1993, and it was take it all or leave it) and been selling pieces off of it, and if someone wants it, I'll trade it for Daleks or anime figures.

Ooo, sounds interesting. What Daleks are you looking for?
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:22 pm

Scarywood wrote:
The Castellan wrote:

Pretty much the ones with slats, be it 60's or 70's, to pretty much start a hopefully fledgling army.
I also have a EP3 Jedi fighter, and an Outrider if you are interested as well.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptyMon May 30, 2011 12:23 pm

The Castellan wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
The Castellan wrote:

Pretty much the ones with slats, be it 60's or 70's, to pretty much start a hopefully fledgling army.
I also have a EP3 Jedi fighter, and an Outrider if you are interested as well.

I actually have a couple of Jedi Fighters from EP3 and EP2. The Outrider sounds interesting, haven't seen it before. I'll have to look it up. Smile
Back to top Go down
whofan 1138
whofan 1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Shadows of the Empire kinda stunk, IMO... it was a "multi-media event", back in 1996. the Outrider is Dash Rendar's (he was a crappy Han Solo stand in) ship.

that's very nice of you to offer, The Castellan. =) I know how it must pain you to enter this thread. tongue hahaha

if at all possible, you should try and get it, Scary. I doubt a simpler offer will present itself, anytime soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:01 pm

whofan 1138 wrote:
Shadows of the Empire kinda stunk, IMO... it was a "multi-media event", back in 1996. the Outrider is Dash Rendar's (he was a crappy Han Solo stand in) ship.

that's very nice of you to offer, The Castellan. =) I know how it must pain you to enter this thread. tongue hahaha

if at all possible, you should try and get it, Scary. I doubt a simpler offer will present itself, anytime soon. Smile

Well I'm definitely interested in that vintage Falcon! Looking at the Outrider it looks great but I don't think I have much left to trade and I certainly have no money! Razz
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:38 am

As requested, some pics of my Clone Army Smile

Clone Commanders
The Star Wars Collecting Thread S1200024

Generic CW Clone Troopers
The Star Wars Collecting Thread S1210010

Generic Movie Clone Troopers + Stormtrooper Han
The Star Wars Collecting Thread S1210011

Smile
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:48 am

Also, here is my collection of modern vintage carded figures thus far;

The Star Wars Collecting Thread S1210012

And my latest addition.... Something I got for a whopping £15.00.... The Rocket Firing Boba Fett!!

The Star Wars Collecting Thread S1210013

The Star Wars Collecting Thread S1210014

I really want one loose but I'm not sure I'll find another for this cheap again. A part of me is telling me to stop being stupid and just open it and the other side is telling me to keep it carded because that packaging is sheer beauty.... But then again, I can't exactly play with a packaged toy, can I? Hmm....

Last edited by Scarywood on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
whofan 1138
whofan 1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars Collecting Thread   The Star Wars Collecting Thread EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Wow. The Troopers look great. I love the vintage packaging being used, now.
Hope it sticks around for a while...

As for Fett, no idea what to tell you. Smile good luck with that dilemma. Razz
kidding... I'd leave it. But, that's just me.
Back to top Go down

The Star Wars Collecting Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next