13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

Loving LOST? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:20 pm

I've found that not much is being answered and more??? are popping up. It seems to have gone to more simple black vs. white, good vs. evil. I'm hoping for an epic mythic type inspired ancient whatever type explaination. Also what was up with the permier and the island under water a la Atlantis in the beginning?
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:44 pm

The "flash sideways," or so it is called, is the alternate reality where the nuclear explosion on the island in the past sinks it and results in everyone living lives as if they had never been touched by Jacob.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:48 am

Who North America wrote:
The "flash sideways," or so it is called, is the alternate reality where the nuclear explosion on the island in the past sinks it and results in everyone living lives as if they had never been touched by Jacob.

As much as I'm being entertained by the flash sideways, it just sounds like filler to me. I hope there's going to be some relevant connection from this universe to the other.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Who North America wrote:

A possibly relevant item is that Sideways Sawyer may still have been touched by Jacob. Remember Sawyer's letter (which was evidently written with the pen Jacob gave him) was in an envelope that Kate believed was from 1976 (there was some sort of Bicentennial stamp or something). Sawyer didn't contradict her on this.

Now, the bomb went off in 1977. With no island to go to, it's hard to say what lasting effects Jacob had on Sawyer...and it's also hard to say whether this is meaningful to the storyline at all. A lot of what we've seen of Earth-Sideways has seemed to be there to provide relatively "happy endings" for characters who are going to meet horrible ends on the island. But we have yet to meet Sideways Juliet aka
Spoiler:
and from what she was going to say to Sawyer, she seems to be key to the whole thing.

And I'm really hoping that wasn't Sideways Desmond on the plane but rather the enigmatic time-traveller Doctor Desmond, who can not only zip back and forth through his own timeline but his alternate timelines as well. He'll set things right.

Yes, that's daft, but this is a Who board after all. Gotta fly the colors at some point.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:00 pm

Jacob was killed in 2007.
He never went back in time to visit any of the people. None of them were touched by him.
And.... oddly... most of them have better lives as a result.
Is Jacob REALLY the good one?
Or, does pain sometimes help lead us to where we need to be?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Nocturniah
Nocturniah

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 pm

I don't think they'll actually commit to anyone being good or bad, it will all just be perspective. I think Jacob and the other-guy will be, more or less, embodiments of the "science vs. faith" theme of the show.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Lost was really good last night. I'm really getting into the Jacob versus the man in black theme. At one point I noted Jacob was wearing white while the man in black was wearing y'know.

So it looks like the island is stopping all the evils of heck from escaping by acting like a cork in a bottle. I think that the man in black might be Lucifer. The sideways universe I'm still not getting though.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 3:32 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
So it looks like the island is stopping all the evils of heck from escaping by acting like a cork in a bottle.

Sometimes I have to laugh at our curse word catcher. Hahah!
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Nocturniah
Nocturniah

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 3:50 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
The sideways universe I'm still not getting though.

I think the bottle/cork metaphor might play into the sideways universe. Maybe breaking the bottle was his symbolic way of letting us know that he's going to escape the island by breaking out of this reality and into the other. Might be a stretch, but it does give a reason for the alternate reality.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:27 pm

i hope they do something really good, like either merge the two reality's, or one has to survive, because the other one has all "heck" broken loose on it. sort of like doomsday, when pete said he didn't care if our reality had all the cybermen in it, as long as his earth was peacefull.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 8:26 pm

Who North America wrote:
jfh1970 wrote:
So it looks like the island is stopping all the evils of heck from escaping by acting like a cork in a bottle.

Sometimes I have to laugh at our curse word catcher. Hahah!

Yeah when I first noticed that I thought it was weird. Then I just shrugged my shoulders and moved on with the rest of my day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 8:29 pm

hey, jfh1970, i think it shows a sign of intelligence not to curse. it's so easy to use cuss words, it shows you're hard work to avoid it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:59 pm

to heck with you guys and your beepety beep beep show.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:15 am

bret_owen99 wrote:
hey, jfh1970, i think it shows a sign of intelligence not to curse. it's so easy to use cuss words, it shows you're hard work to avoid it. Very Happy

Don't give me all the credit although I don't mind. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:15 pm

Okay so I finally watched the last two episodes of Lost and I have to admit I'm kinda - Lost.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:28 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
Okay so I finally watched the last two episodes of Lost and I have to admit I'm kinda - Lost.
Spoiler:

To answer your question without spoiling it for others, No.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:50 pm

yeah, i didn't like that part of the story myself. although, i did like the end of the island saga. great show, i'm going to get the complete collection on blu-ray. will be amazing quality i think.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm still not getting the ending if I'm wrong on my theory then. Perhaps someone can enlighten me?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:33 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
I'm still not getting the ending if I'm wrong on my theory then. Perhaps someone can enlighten me?

Send me a PM and I will give you the lowdown. Just tired right now and going to bed soon.

I was kinda annoyed at the second airing had the text but after 'the man in black' died, NOTHING. That really cheesed me off!
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:28 pm

Well...

Spoiler:

That's the gist of what happened in the finale. I apologize if I didn't answer the question you were asking...which is more than you'll get from the show's creators. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) I actually liked the finale very much, but accept that some fans may have felt it to be a letdown. What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:34 pm

i heard that on the final dvd, they have more footage that explains what we are talking about. i would like more explanation too. i heard it was cut for time and context on tv.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:01 am

Overall I liked the ending, but feel that they should've been more focused on the stories in front of them. It was like they were too busy trying to be clever and didn't care what they threw at the viewer. Sometimes less is more guys.
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 8:19 pm

I liked the ending. Consider me satisfied.

Actually, Dr. Who got me over my LOST withdrawal.

Now, I'm have Who withdrawl.

Dagnabit!
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:37 pm

I think they me hanging on the SCience portion of the island along with the whole dharma and mysterious Godlike beings etc. I think if they are ever looking for money LOST would make a great book series or maybe call it DHARMA series.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Loving LOST?   Loving LOST? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:25 am

I think we can count on the "Lost universe" continuing on in some form...comics would seem pretty likely.
Back to top Go down

Loving LOST?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2