Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Lost Stories into Animated Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Lost Stories into Animated Movies?   Lost Stories into Animated Movies? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:54 am

I've read in various locations that trying to recoup the expense of animating a lost story is a tough path.

I have wondered if it would make sense to fully animate a story in the current popular CGI style and give it a limited movie release to help regain the expense, of course use the surviving audio as the sound track?

But I think they would have to dress the look up so they are appealing to a modern audience.
Release it as one complete movie, or an episode a week like the old film serials of the long ago past, every Saturday night a trip to the theater for that latest episode!
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Lost Stories into Animated Movies?   Lost Stories into Animated Movies? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:15 am

I loved how the one animated Troughton story was done. I'd buy others to fill important gaps in my DVD collection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Lost Stories into Animated Movies?   Lost Stories into Animated Movies? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:41 am

Movies would be a cool idea. But there are some more animated lost stories coming!

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/06/dwn210611211508-reign-of-terror-update.html
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Lost Stories into Animated Movies?   Lost Stories into Animated Movies? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:03 am

The animated episodes for Invasion were nice, but I do hope in future ventures they spend a little more of animation budget. The Sealab 2021 style of animation worked, but it felt very stiff.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Lost Stories into Animated Movies?   Lost Stories into Animated Movies? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:12 pm

It would be nice to have, but I don't see it happening. I could see direct to dvd release, but it goes back to the production vs sales return if it would be profitable to do so.

Yes, there is a market for it with us classic fans, but just as with the action figures, I think the decision making people feel that our market niche is not as important or profitable than Nu Who.

At least we have the BBC soundtracks. Probably going to be the closest we will get to experiencing them.

Back to top Go down

Lost Stories into Animated Movies?
Page 1 of 1