Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PB Props
PB Props

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2017-09-02

Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK. Empty
PostSubject: Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK.   Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK. EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 9:50 am

Hello Everyone,

Well, I'd better introduce myself with the first post as it'd be impolite not to.

I'm "PB Props" from the UK. I haven't been involved with fandom in many years now, though I am trepidacious about returning to the fold, so please be gentle with me.

While I do love the programme in general, I haven't actually watched it consistently since 2013, and even then it was at a stretch. I've seen most of Capaldi's last season, but nothing from his first and second and while I think he's the best Doctor of the new era, I just don't rate the programme any longer and I've struggled to maintain an interest in it since 2006, which is a pity.

With regard to the classic era, I would tend to lean more towards that, though I tend to favour remembering it over actually watching it, primarily as I have so many happy memories of watching it as a child with my parents and I don't want to spoil them by watching it again. I have dipped in and out of them with my own children though, usually leaving them to it.

For the past 25 years, I've worked in all manner of areas, but possibly of interest to the good folk here, some of the work I've done has been designing and making Doctor Who related toys for the likes of Character Options, licensed replicas for a number of other companies and props for the various exhibitions that populated the length and breadth of the UK.

Well, I think I've said enough already and I do loathe talking about myself anyway, so we'll call it quits there... so, hello to all and thanks for having me!
Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK.   Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK. EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 12:41 pm

PB Props wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Well, I'd better introduce myself with the first post as it'd be impolite not to.

I'm "PB Props" from the UK. I haven't been involved with fandom in many years now, though I am trepidacious about returning to the fold, so please be gentle with me.

While I do love the programme in general, I haven't actually watched it consistently since 2013, and even then it was at a stretch. I've seen most of Capaldi's last season, but nothing from his first and second and while I think he's the best Doctor of the new era, I just don't rate the programme any longer and I've struggled to maintain an interest in it since 2006, which is a pity.

With regard to the classic era, I would tend to lean more towards that, though I tend to favour remembering it over actually watching it, primarily as I have so many happy memories of watching it as a child with my parents and I don't want to spoil them by watching it again. I have dipped in and out of them with my own children though, usually leaving them to it.

For the past 25 years, I've worked in all manner of areas, but possibly of interest to the good folk here, some of the work I've done has been designing and making Doctor Who related toys for the likes of Character Options, licensed replicas for a number of other companies and props for the various exhibitions that populated the length and breadth of the UK.

Well, I think I've said enough already and I do loathe talking about myself anyway, so we'll call it quits there... so, hello to all and thanks for having me!

Hi Welcome

its good to have a fellow fan from the UK, and someone who designs toys, there a few of us on here who do Customs. So it will probably be good to get your view on our Customs.

Captain Ironmac
Back to top Go down
PB Props
PB Props

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK.   Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK. EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 12:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Captain Ironmac.

Having had a quick look around, I've seen some really fantastic customs that have impressed me no end, plus there's a lot of really interesting collections on here too!

Maybe I should start a thread with some of my pieces, probably in the "Scratch Built" part of the forum.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK.   Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK. EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Welcome to them forum! Pleased to have you here!

Yes!! Please post your collections/customs/whatever you have! We have a lot of great talent here and would LOVE to see what you have.
Back to top Go down
PB Props
PB Props

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK.   Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK. EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 1:33 pm

Thanks Sea Devil. It's nice to be here and be able to share my thoughts with fellow enthusiasts.

I started a thread in the Scratch Builds section, just to test out if I got the hang of posting images... it would seem that I have. Phew!
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK.   Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK. EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 1:54 pm

Welcome to the group PB, I do agree with you about NuWho, but I am a fan of Eccles one series. I do like Capaldi as an actor and had hoped he would have been involved in writing too. I have not seen the latest series.

I was a contributor to a toysite in the UK for a while, and really enjoyed the extended series they did about the work that went into creating the CO toy line. Shame that it has kinda wound down, and that B&M has the latest classic tweaks.

I have never been able to visit the exhibitions in the UK, and we haven't had anything here in the USA, so all I have to enjoy them is by photos on different internet groups.

Feel free to stop by chat anytime you see people in the room.
Back to top Go down
PB Props
PB Props

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK.   Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK. EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 2:12 pm

Cheers Whooz.

The site you mentioned sounds like it could have been interesting. I remember someone asking me to contribute to such a site, I wonder if it's the one you mentioned. I never did contribute though as I tend to keep myself to myself.

I noticed there was a chat room here, is it active then?
Back to top Go down
Mavros
Mavros

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK.   Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK. EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 8:20 pm

Hello PB (Maker of Props)

Keep it coming...

Mav
Back to top Go down

Returning to the fold - a hello from the UK.
Page 1 of 1