21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

NO returning Doctors for the 50th Empty
PostSubject: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Just read an article (I will copy & paste when I can) Currently on my phone!

According to The Moff, there will be no returning Doctors for the 50th!! He goes on to say that The Doctor always looks to the future & never looks back.

Frankly I am annoyed at this. Doctor Who is NOT just about what Moff has written & his contributions!!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:53 pm

It is to him, apparently.

It's not what the fans want.

(at least, not fans of classic Doctors, too)

Disappointed, but not in the least surprised.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Not sure who the source was, but the news media is so inclined to distort things I'll wait and see how this news shakes out. However, it wouldn't be terribly surprising, I guess. It would be sad though.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 5:28 pm

I used to be a big supporter of Moffat, but given the yanking around of Who we've gotten so he can work on Sherlock...I say it's time for a change. Moff clearly prefers to work on Sherlock, so it's time to pass the reins to someone who can devote the time and energy to Who.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Im actually good with no Docs.

The classic docs are past their prime. Just wouldn't look right. Only way it would work if they went Trials and Tribbelations. The Nu Who Docs are too recent, and would make it more of a Nu Who anniversary.

Now, nothing preventing them from having Matt run across classic companions in their later days, though.

Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:45 pm

I'm really quite annoyed at this... But then again Moffat has lied so much in the past that I take everything he tells us with a barrel of salt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Having 11 visit his very first companion and having a nice heartfelt talk as they walk around the UK after the Dalek invasion would be AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:56 pm

NO returning Doctors for the 50th File
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:59 pm

I hope that is for the Moff thing and not my suggestion.
Back to top Go down
stanlow

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I hope that is for the Moff thing and not my suggestion.

I was thinking the same.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:07 pm

The only Doctor I was hoping to see onscreen again was Eight, just so he could have another TV appearance that wasn't recycled footage.

If the actors from the classic series are to reappear, I think it'd be more fun to have them play bit characters throughout the story. While I used to think a bunch of Doctors would be fun in the story, I have since revised that opinion: with more than two or three Docs vying for equal screentime/story relevance, nobody would shine...they'd all be diminished as a result.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:38 am

The BBC have now confirmed that the Tenth Doctor David Tennant will star in the 50th Anniversary episode of Doctor Who.

The news leaked earlier today thanks to a mistake in the distribution of Doctor Who Magazine, which saw subscribers receive their issues 5 days early, forcing the BBC to issue a hurried press release. Tennant will join current stars Matt Smith and Jenna-Louise Coleman in the special episode.

Also joining the cast will be the Ninth and Tenth Doctor's companion Billie Piper.

Tennant played The Doctor from 2005-2010, appearing in 47 episodes of the series, while Piper played Rose Tyler for the 2005 and 2006 seasons, along with cameos in later episodes.

DWM also reports that international film star John Hurt will join the cast for the special episode, which begins filming next week.

John Hurt is one of the UK's most respected actors appearing in films such as The Elephant Man, where he played John Merrick, Nineteen Eighty-Four where he played Winston Smith and Scandal where he played Stephen Ward. On Television he is best known for playing Caligula in the renowned I, Claudius and Quentin Crisp in The Naked Civil Servant. His distinctive voice has been used in many productions such as Watership Down and the animated The Lord of the Rings.

He has received two Academy Award nominations, a Golden Globe Award, and four BAFTA Awards.

It is expected that the special episode will be transmitted on Saturday 23rd November, 50 years to the day since the launch of Doctor Who
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:50 am

It seems my suspicions were correct then. Moffat lied again! bounce
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 12:24 pm

Still not thrilled. No classic people, no real anniversary. Otherwise its just a Nu Who reunion. As if RTD didn't already do that in his finale.

Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Scary wrote:
It seems my suspicions were correct then. Moffat lied again! bounce

Maybe, or maybe not. He said no past Doctors would be in it, remember who Rose was left with on the Alternate World?

As far as wanting a Multi Doctor Story, I would have been all for it. I've heard things here and there that even the reclusive Tom Baker was interested (the man who bowed out of The Five Doctors).

To say that there was no way to explain their appearance is just not true. There are so many ways they could have done it. A dream sequence, where 11 seeks advice from his previous selves. The Actors playing different roles, in a way, to help the 11th Doctor (If you don't know what I mean, watch the final episode of Quantum Leap, one of my favorite episodes). A good writer would have found a way.

I know not all fans were happy with The Five Doctors, or even The Three Doctors, but to not say that they were important anniversary episodes would be another thing. People still talk about them more than 20 years later. Time will tell if Moffat's will live up to the Legacy that the other two Specials have cemented in fandom.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:18 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
I know not all fans were happy with The Five Doctors, or even The Three Doctors, but to not say that they were important anniversary episodes would be another thing. People still talk about them more than 20 years later.

Yeah.

People don't talk about Silver Nemesis, do they?
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:36 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:
I know not all fans were happy with The Five Doctors, or even The Three Doctors, but to not say that they were important anniversary episodes would be another thing. People still talk about them more than 20 years later.

Yeah.

People don't talk about Silver Nemesis, do they?

I do, I liked Silver Nemesis. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Yeah...but as an anniversary show....

It wasn't much of a celebration.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:54 pm

This one isnt going to be either.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Moff...hopefully you are pulling the wool over everyone's eyes...if not:

NO returning Doctors for the 50th 3-30-20135-01-10PM_zps486ef194
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:15 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Yeah...but as an anniversary show....

It wasn't much of a celebration.

Great episode (don't get me wrong), but on the list of 'Anniversary Shows', I don't think it would be up at the top.
Back to top Go down
Glitz
Glitz

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-05-29

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:30 am

I can see why people are angry, given the part of the press release that says, "the episode will guest star David Tennant, Billie Piper, John Hurt, and absolutely no one else".

Rolling Eyes

I suspect they'd like to save some surprises for the near-certain teaser we're gonna get at the end of this season. It's already been said that the finale is going to lead into the anniversary special. If the title turns out to be, say, "The Eleven Doctors", it'd make a lot more sense to announce that then, wouldn't it?

November's a long way away. Brave heart, Tegan.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:25 pm

Glitz wrote:
I can see why people are angry, given the part of the press release that says, "the episode will guest star David Tennant, Billie Piper, John Hurt, and absolutely no one else".

Rolling Eyes

I suspect they'd like to save some surprises for the near-certain teaser we're gonna get at the end of this season. It's already been said that the finale is going to lead into the anniversary special. If the title turns out to be, say, "The Eleven Doctors", it'd make a lot more sense to announce that then, wouldn't it?

Thank the gods for this post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:31 pm

Glitz wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I am shocked even this news was released. But, I suppose that this would be hard to keep secret. I hope we have a lot more surprises coming.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: NO returning Doctors for the 50th   NO returning Doctors for the 50th EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:07 pm

NO returning Doctors for the 50th 300265_444103529001229_1690290870_n
Back to top Go down

NO returning Doctors for the 50th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next