35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:06 pm

Indiana_Brian wrote:
The IO9 website has a breakdown as to which episodes/stories might be returned.  I don't know how accurate it is.  Someone with more knowledge of the episode bicycling and sales would have to review it, but I am including a link to the article.

Your Guide to Doctor Who: Lost & (possibly) Found
SO, most likely not any parts of:

Tenth Planet, Dalek Master Plan, Power of the Daleks since they only went to a few countries. Or any Daleks story, since Nation did not let them go out to many countries.

But they could be any of these episodes:

Marco Polo, The Reign of Terror, The Crusade, Galaxy 4, The Myth Makers, The Massacre, The Celestial Toymaker, The Savages, The Smugglers, The Highlanders, The Underwater Menace, The Moonbase, The Macra Terror, The Faceless Ones, The Abominable Snowmen, The Ice Warriors, The Enemy of the World, The Web of Fear, and The Space Pirates
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:06 pm

Brigadier wrote:
Ianotimelord wrote:
Apparently after they announce what they have, at a future date they will announce more.
Now don't get me wrong, I love that so many people on this thread are being pragmatic about all this. But...

Personally, why should we have to wait even longer to be told exactly what has been found? I saw a comment yesterday, allegedly from a BBC insider saying, fans have waited 50 years they can wait a bit longer?

S'yeah, right. It wasn't the fans who wiped the tapes in the first place. Here in the UK the BBC is a publicly-funded organisation. I wouldn't expect a hospital to lie, mislead or make no comment, so why should I expect it from an organisation I directly pay for?

You can laugh it off and say, Rule 1. The BBC lies, but no it actually shouldn't.

And will the BBC apologise to all those who innocently tweeted denials (because they were kept in the dark too), or to those who said the rumours are true and were vilified for it? Of course, not.

I work in the media and I understand that not everything can be made public for legal and contractual reasons, but just saying that would at least be more transparent.
My theory on this is that we found out about BBC finding 'episodes' so quickly that they hadn't had a chance to properly review what they'd got hold of. No use announcing what you've found, and then one month later having to announce "Oops, sorry... yes we've got some missing episodes, but they're in such horrible condition they're unusable."

So, they've figured out what footage they've got, what condition it is in, whether it can be restored... and maybe, MAYBE... they've started the process to put them on DVD ASAP! It would be a good idea to capitalize on the news by restoring and releasing the DVDs within weeks of announcing the discovery of the episodes.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:08 pm

Ianotimelord wrote:
US have had so far 8 repeats and the Drs Revisited as well as S7 part two. UK have had S7 part two and that show that revealed Peter Capaldi . It was the same in the 80's BBC were making mega bucks but the show was not getting anything extra, Moffat has said for the 50th special they got no extra money.
Didn't the Drs Revisited get shown on the BBC eventually? (Not that you really missed that much! LOL)  BBCA is doing a lot of repeat showings of everything they can.  But they do that with a lot all of their shows.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Anyway, I think this is the most excited I have been about Classic Doctor Who since wave 1 of the fiigures!!
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Anyway, I think this is the most excited I have been about Classic Doctor Who since wave 1 of the fiigures!!
I remember those days ... even then I was complaining that we needed more Hartnell and Troughton!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:16 pm

No the BBC have not showed them. UKTV a subscription channel (Part owned by the BBC) is supposed to be showing them. The only repeat we are supposed to be getting is An Unearthly Child on BBC 4. But the Doctor Who news site said after the announcement that the BBC were having trouble restoring it. That is odd as the DVD release is excellent after the work the Restoration team put into it, unless they are colouriising it?
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:24 pm

I hope they aren't colorizing it!!
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:39 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Why would you not want it in color?

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:40 pm

How does this BBC I tunes even work? I have nothing I-related.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:41 pm

SJA wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
Why would you not want it in color?

I have been much of a colorizing fan. But, that doesn't look too bad.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Ronpur wrote:
How does this BBC I tunes even work?  I have nothing I-related.
If it is available in iTunes in the UK, would people in the US be able to get it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:44 pm

digby wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
How does this BBC I tunes even work?  I have nothing I-related.
If it is available in iTunes in the UK, would people in the US be able to get it?
No..unless if they released it in the US as well
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:49 pm

I wonder what this has to do with the plans....

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/techandgadgets/bbc-to-launch-online-shop-to-rival-itunes-as-plans-are-revealed-for-reinvented-iplayer-8866620.html
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Ronpur wrote:
A colour An Unearthly Child part one would not bother me in the slightest, especially if it was up to BabelColour's standards (his colourised '60s clips on YouTube look fabulous).

It's not like such an episode would "replace" the original. The original is still out there (and on my DVD shelf).
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Ianotimelord wrote:

Ian Levine ‏@IanLevine 1h

@tobysblogs So sorry you can't afford £15 to download 2 stories.Unfortunately if everyone else also can't,the BBC won't pay to get more back

Ian Levine ‏@IanLevine 1h
Proof, if any was needed, that Ian is totally off his rocker! The BBC would never say "nah, we really don't want those films back after all, you keep them" just because of iTunes sales. They have gone to a lot of effort to get wiped material back over the past several years, and much of it they have simply allowed to sit in the archive, with no attempt to make any money off of it, sadly for fans of classic telly like me (B/W episodes of Till Death Us Do Part, I'm talking about you!).

All will become clear(er) tomorrow night, I hope.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Think Dimensions in Time will ever make a DVD appearance? I mean, even Shalka got one!
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Dimensions in Time is kinda like the Star Wars: Christmas Special. Everyone knows it happened, but generally we ignore it's existence.
Back to top Go down
Corwynn

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 9:29 pm

Wait. You mean we haven't lost that one yet?
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 2:04 am

The Telegraph states that details from the conference are embargoed until “a few hours” after (other sources claim it will be a midnight announcement, so technically Friday):

We won’t be able to tweet from the #missingepisodes Doctor Who conference. News will come on Friday.

Asked if the outcome of the press conference is embargoed, they replied:

Yes but only for a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 2:29 am

TinDogRory wrote:
Think Dimensions in Time will ever make a DVD appearance? I mean, even Shalka got one!
Dimensions in Time will never be released because all the actors gave their time for free.
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 2:56 am

Peter Purves On Missing Doctor Who Episodes

The recent announcement of recovered missing episodes has sparked much excitement from Doctor Who fans, including actor Peter Purves. The actor, who played companion Steven Taylor opposite William Hartnell's First Doctor, was asked in a recent interview about his thoughts on the new found episodes.

In an interview on Radio Norfolk he said of the announcement:
"Well I've heard that this announcement's coming. this rumour has been going on for months and no one has declared it anywhere, it's been kept well under wraps. I think probably as the anniversary's coming up on the 23rd and 24th of November, I thought that would be when the announcement was made, but obviously something's leaked so they're going to make an announcement earlier."

With regards to episodes in which he starred, he said:
"I don't know what's been found. I was told that a huge tranche of these tins of film, because everything was transferred from tape onto cine film… back in the 60s, they were transferred onto telecine because that was the format in which they were sold abroad, and if they've been found then i'm really looking forward to seeing what they've got. Because there were 106 missing episodes and of those 29 were episodes I was in. I really hope some of mine have turned up because I never saw them. I didn't see them when they went out. We couldn't record things in those days and the time was awkward - it used to go on a Saturday - it was never repeated. So if you didn't see them when they went out you never saw them."
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:24 am

My personal wish is for The Celestial Toymaker and The Enemy of the World.

My "not going to happen but a boy can dream" list includes getting the complete Tenth Planet.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:46 am

I would like to see the Smugglers as well, read the book and it was very good. I hope the find is large Smile
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:53 am

According to Ian Levine, nine episodes will be announced later.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:07 am

So, delaying the announcement by two days and then embargoing talking about the announcement for "a few hours." That seems so counterintuitive.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com

Lost episode's discovered?
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next