35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:46 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I have read elsewhere that episode 3 of Web of Fear had actually had it's film can open at some point and it had decayed, not that it was a "bargaining chip".  Some how, that seams more likely to me.  Simplest explanation and it may just be that it was tossed years ago.  And it also seams likely this is all that was found.  
Phil Morris said that when he pulled the film cans down off the shelf, that episode 3 just wasn't there. No bargaining chip, no decayed print, just no print at all. I think the other two "explanations" were just fan fantasy. Let's face it, after all this time, it's far more likely to discover incomplete stories than complete ones. We're just darn lucky that out of 10 consecutive episodes that nine of them were found all in the same place.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:30 pm

amckinney wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
I have read elsewhere that episode 3 of Web of Fear had actually had it's film can open at some point and it had decayed, not that it was a "bargaining chip".  Some how, that seams more likely to me.  Simplest explanation and it may just be that it was tossed years ago.  And it also seams likely this is all that was found.  
Phil Morris said that when he pulled the film cans down off the shelf, that episode 3 just wasn't there. No bargaining chip, no decayed print, just no print at all. I think the other two "explanations" were just fan fantasy. Let's face it, after all this time, it's far more likely to discover incomplete stories than complete ones. We're just darn lucky that out of 10 consecutive episodes that nine of them were found all in the same place.
Exactly. I am really looking forward to hearing his story...I imagine it had to be quite an adventure, and a little bit dangerous.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 11:03 pm

The Radio Times has whipped up 60s-style movie posters for "Enemy" and "Web" that are pretty cool:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-10-11/doctor-who-missing-episodes-retro-poster-designs
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 11:51 pm

Those are cool!
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 6:37 am

Latest rumours is more have been found with a possible announcement next month. Marco Polo is one that is said to have been found.
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Indiana_Brian

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 2:56 pm

There is a rumour posted on another website about 'The Wheel in Space' being found in Nigeria by Phil Morris.  Supposedly, three episodes have been recovered, but are held up in customs.

Quoting from the article, "If any rumour can be described as being more likely than another, this one would be classed as so."
Back to top Go down
Steve Of Destruction
Steve Of Destruction

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 6:54 pm

The latest buzz is that there may be a announcement during the "afterparty" for 'Day of the Doctor' on the 23rd regarding missing episodes.
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Posted on twitter

Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 99980610
Back to top Go down
Indiana_Brian

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:33 am

There is a report this morning that Ian Levine has found some episodes of Doctor Who in Taiwan.  The episodes he found weren't missing, but it proves there might still be episodes out there to find.   He found two episodes of 'The Dominators', two episodes of 'The War Games', and one episode of 'The Seeds of Death'.  The article doesn't specify which episodes of those stories he found or if the quality is better than what is already in the archive.

Ian Levine Finds Episodes in Taiwan
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:06 pm

Weird question, does anyone know the current state of the missing episode rumors?
I've tried looking on GB and man, it is a scary place right now! Hard to figure out what's going on.

Wasn't something supposed to be announced at the BFI?

thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Enemy of the World and Web of Fear are found (minus episode 3 of Web which is getting replaced with a telesnap recon). Early in 2014 we're supposed to get Enemy of the World (no special features) on DVD and then Web of Fear later in 2014 (with special features). Some are also hoping the extra time for Web also means animated episode 3, but that's not been confirmed.

Any talk of Marco Polo or The Macra Terror being next up "found" are rumors started by people who know people who say they know people. More discoveries have not been ruled out, but no official announcement of anything new.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:22 pm

squishy wrote:
Any talk of Marco Polo or The Macra Terror being next up "found" are rumors started by people who know people who say they know people.  More discoveries have not been ruled out, but no official announcement of anything new.

Thanks, it was the Marco Polo thing I had sort of heard.
Something about thousands of returned film canisters that needed to go through as well?
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:27 pm

digby wrote:

Something about thousands of returned film canisters that needed to go through as well?

Not quite sure how the episode hunter is getting his material. From reading Doctor Who Magazine it sounded like the first batch were sitting on a shelf in Africa and he picked them up. And only them. He may also be attempting to get other TV station's libraries dumped in a big pile and then sorted to look for gems. But from the sound of things getting into these central African countries with all the civil wars going on doesn't sound like someplace where you can drive out with a tractor trailer full of old film cans. I'm sure there could be thousands of cans to look through somewhere but I don't think we're waiting on a particular pile of cans at this point.
Back to top Go down
John Johnson
John Johnson

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2013-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 8:41 pm

ATTENTION: Absolutely NOTHING has been confirmed but put down your tea and lean-in, Kasterborites. The Omnirumour has sprouted another Kroll-like tentacle. (Or rather lengthened a pre-existing one. Read on…)

Legendary Doctor Who convention, Gallifrey One took place last weekend and featured a panel discussion on the on-going search for missing 60s episodes… Nerdist has reported welcome comments from Restoration Team founding member Steve Roberts at the panel. This included quoting a letter from Philip Morris, the man responsible for returning 1967s The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear to the BBC…

…The letter said that the remainder of a large haul of discovered film prints of vintage television shows that had been discovered in Nigeria were still being sorted though. However we were told to “expect the unexpected” and Roberts had reason to believe that the most likely find is all or some of Marco Polo (1964) – the only missing serial from season one.

We reported on the possibility of Polo having been found back in November last year though that followed reports by the Mirror from a ‘TV insider’ (yeah, OK) that a fan had recorded film of all seven episodes back in the 60s and held on to it until now. But last weekend’s panel seem to indicate that Polo may instead have been found in the haul from Nigeria.

Whatever the truth is, the Omnirumour is being strangely persistent and there seems to be reason to hope for good news… I certainly hope so as, personally, the discovery of missing Who is more exciting than getting snogged by that super-hot celebrity you’ve always had a massive crush on. In space. (I’m sure you’re the same, dear reader). And it’s tough reigning in the excitement just in case the Omnirumour turns out to disappoint.

http://www.kasterborous.com/2014/02/marco-polo-lost-doctor-episodes-omnirumour-continues/
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 5:43 pm

Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 BhG9ztbCQAA6RVW
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Ah well, there's been no announcement tonight. Hopefully it will come one day though.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 12:56 am

Funny photo, but why is the Third Doctor threatening a poo if Marco doesn't show up?  affraid
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 1:02 am

squishy wrote:
Funny photo, but why is the Third Doctor threatening a poo if Marco doesn't show up?  affraid

I was going to make it more threatening but I realised that younglings might see it, so... Razz
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 2:12 pm

Having read through the weekend posts on other forums and looking again at the linked announcement above, it all seems to be nothing.  There were a good number of films recovered overseas and it's well known that Marco Polo was the most widely sold serial to overseas TV stations.  Therefore if anything shows up, then it is most likely to be Marco Polo.

Yep, Marco Polo is still the most probable next find, but I've only seen comments attributed to the Restoration Team that they personally have not gotten their hands on any Polo episodes.  I'm still hoping for more, but I'm not finding any evidence of an official release of new stories this week.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:15 pm

squishy wrote:
Having read through the weekend posts on other forums and looking again at the linked announcement above, it all seems to be nothing.  There were a good number of films recovered overseas and it's well known that Marco Polo was the most widely sold serial to overseas TV stations.  Therefore if anything shows up, then it is most likely to be Marco Polo.

Yep, Marco Polo is still the most probable next find

Just to give everyone something to think about, maybe there's something in Phil Morris' statement "expect the unexpected." Since most people seem to expect that Marco Polo is (logically) the most likely "find", maybe that isn't what was found after all (assuming anything has been found, mind you).
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Lost episode's discovered?    Lost episode's discovered?  - Page 13 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 6:21 pm

So you're saying they've found the Feast of Steven in Nigeria?  That's about the least probable thing I would expect. Laughing

I did enjoy the Marco Polo recon a few years ago and would like to see it returned, but really I'm happy with most any "new" missing episodes found.
Back to top Go down

Lost episode's discovered?
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13