PostSubject: New lost Who !?!   New lost Who !?! EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 8:56 pm

New lost Who!?!New lost Who !?! Screen19
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

New lost Who !?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New lost Who !?!   New lost Who !?! EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 9:01 pm

What Dreams may come..., I myself am hoping for all 2nd Doctor discoveries. Love Hartnell but Patrick's episodes are fantastic! If William's then Marco Polo 😀. I've missed the rumor mill...
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

New lost Who !?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New lost Who !?!   New lost Who !?! EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 10:00 pm

I remember when many of those shows were recovered "The Time Meddler" and "The War Machines" in Nigeria back in 1983/4. "The Tomb of the Cybermen" in 1991, not to mention the orphan episode's going back the early 1980's. The excitement of having something new recovered never goes away even as I am now 35 years older or more, god knows I have lost track.

For many Younger fans these episodes were never missing or existed only as black an white tele recordings
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

New lost Who !?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New lost Who !?!   New lost Who !?! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 12:06 pm

We're all pretty sure that "Web of Fear" episode 3 exists in the hands of a private collector since it was seen, but then vanished, when the rest of "Web of Fear" was found.

Not sure what else is known to exist. Just suspicions or eyewitness accounts of missing episodes?

I wouldn't hold my breath for another 90 to appear, but a couple more episodes would be nice. It's often commented that there should have been enough "Marco Polo" copies floating about that at least some of that would be reasonable to guess may have survived.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

New lost Who !?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New lost Who !?!   New lost Who !?! EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 10:44 pm

I think what has been said about these couple of episodes in private hands (not a huge amount, just a couple) are that they've been known to be in private hands for awhile, and these particular people have no intention of returning them to the BBC, so definitely don't get your hopes up.

There had been rumours and/or speculation for years that a few episodes could have been privately held if, for no other reason, for certain SuperFans to have something no-one else has and somehow feel superior.

That, or they're holding them for a king's ransom that the BBC are unwilling to pay.
Back to top Go down

New lost Who !?!
Page 1 of 1