18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 8:31 am

Probably will based off the success of these initial sets. I notice there's a "Borg Drone" and "General Chang" slated for later this fall in the Mini-Figure selection.

The new Bird of Prey looks interesting. I have to see it in motion before passing ultimate judgement upon it, though.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:57 pm

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/william-shatner-says-j-j-abrams-gone-too-181738978.html cheers
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:42 am

It's Shatner. He's got to do something to get his name in the news now that his Priceline gig is done.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:37 am

The Castellan wrote:
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/william-shatner-says-j-j-abrams-gone-too-181738978.html cheers

Any more Star Trek threads you can post this in??
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:52 am

Rust wrote:
It's Shatner. He's got to do something to get his name in the news now that his Priceline gig is done.

He just had another Priceline commercial released in January with Big Bang Theory’s Kaley Cuocco playing his long lost daughter. Was that his last one?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:19 pm

I think it's his first one back.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 3:26 pm

The Castellan wrote:
Now if they only made TOS and TNG sets.

Could happen! Worf and a Borg are coming out as mini-figures later in the year, and they said they would dip back into the mythos if these took off.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:46 am

A few things on the Star Trek front:

• I am finally reading the ongoing series featuring the 2009 cast. It's far more entertaining than I thought it might be when they said it was retelling of classic episodes! It's fun to spot the differences.

• I'm also reading the "Countdown To Darkness" mini-series leading into the movie. One interesting thing is that
Spoiler:

• I got the Quantum Mechanix prop replica of the 2009 movie phaser (which I loved design-wise) and it is REALLy cool. It's metal plated and feels really substantial.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:41 pm

My freind went to see the film yesterday and he got my attention when he said ' THE NAME' and i said, 'Ha, ha, ha, Ha' REALLY?!!
'It's actually very entertaining', he said 'and you'll love it for the 'Dregnought' scenes.'
(Well, i haven't been to the cinema for a while.)
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:36 am

First of all, let me say I really enjoyed the movie. But it does have issues.

First of all, it's great to see the crew back together. Unfortunately, this is an all-to-brief occurrence because the plot demands for some of them to break off again. It does make me sad we can't follow this crew week to week in a show, because all around they are fantastic and really do such a great job of inhabiting their roles.

I enjoyed Cumberbatch a ton, playing
Spoiler:

All that being said. I loved Uhura in this. Loved the action set pieces. Loved the main villain. Loved Scotty. Loved Sulu's moment. If anyone is sort of poorly served, it's probably Chekov. So even though there were about two moments that broke the spell, and made the whole a bit weaker than the 2009 movie... there was a lot to like here.

If anything, I really want the movies to forge their own path now. That's not to say, given the ending, that I wouldn't mind
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Just got back from seeing the movie. I liked it. Just as good as the first.
Definately blu-ray worthy.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:17 pm

I liked it a bit less than the first. But only a bit. Like 1% less. LOL. So definitely Blu-Ray worthy. I saw the first one 4 times in the theater! I definitely want to see this one again.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 1:21 pm

I liked it better than the first. And, yes, I am going back.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 1:39 pm

What was funny was the theater had a bit of trouble starting the movie. We waited 8 minutes. Then someone said "Talk about Into Darkness" We all laughed. I wish I had thought of saying that!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Pretty much everything I want to say about this movie involves spoilers. But, I can say that Benedict Cumberbatch is as amazing in this role as I expected him to be. I also pretty much expected
Spoiler:

I enjoyed the rest of the cast even more this time as well. Chekov was even less annoying.

I also liked the model of the NX-01 on Admiral Marcus's table. I think this was a nice way to confirm that Enterprise took place in this universe. It was odd that he had a model of the Dreadnought there.

And yes, I want the rest of those models too!

There was a lot more emotion in this than the first one. I hope we do get to see another film, and sooner than this one came out.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 3:06 pm

I need to add that I felt Chris Pine has really upped his game as well this time. He made me like this Kirk as much as I like the old Kirk. I think he finally realized that he has just been getting lucky, cheating death.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Pretty much everything I want to say about this movie involves spoilers. But, I can say that Benedict Cumberbatch is as amazing in this role as I expected him to be. I also pretty much expected
Spoiler:

I enjoyed the rest of the cast even more this time as well. Chekov was even less annoying.

I also liked the model of the NX-01 on Admiral Marcus's table. I think this was a nice way to confirm that Enterprise took place in this universe. It was odd that he had a model of the Dreadnought there.

And yes, I want the rest of those models too!

There was a lot more emotion in this than the first one. I hope we do get to see another film, and sooner than this one came out.

Got back from seeing this on the IMAX screen in 3D and agree with everything you said; definitely an enjoyable flick (for me anyway).

I also noticed NX-01 - I squeeled a bit when I saw it lol.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:33 pm

Yeah, that was awesome! And there was also some foreshadowing on that line-up of ships. It looked to me like the last one was the
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:35 pm

jonwes wrote:
Yeah, that was awesome! And there was also some foreshadowing on that line-up of ships. It looked to me like the last one was the
Spoiler:

It was the Dreadnought.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 6:59 pm

What's the Dreadnought?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 7:20 pm

The ship I want to see a picture of. Sorry, but I am not going to see this movie unless it is on youtube. I have read the synopsis, and it does sound like a fun little film, but I am still disappointed by the first one.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:32 pm

jonwes wrote:
What's the Dreadnought?
The ship class of
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:42 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
The ship I want to see a picture of. Sorry, but I am not going to see this movie unless it is on youtube. I have read the synopsis, and it does sound like a fun little film, but I am still disappointed by the first one.

I hid it in spoiler tag.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Ain't that just totally Bad-ASS!

"Hey Kirk, I think you're gonna need a bigger boat!"
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Ronpur wrote:
jonwes wrote:
What's the Dreadnought?
The ship class of
Spoiler:

Oh, I thought you were disagreeing with me. LOL. Well, I'm excited about the Hot Wheels version of it.
Back to top Go down

Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next