18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:50 pm

jonwes wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
jonwes wrote:
What's the Dreadnought?
The ship class of
Spoiler:

Oh, I thought you were disagreeing with me. LOL. Well, I'm excited about the Hot Wheels version of it.

HOT WHEELS VERSION!!!??? YES!!!!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Here are some pics. It's the 1:50 scale. Spoilers in link, obviously:
http://www.thetrekcollective.com/2013/05/first-look-at-hot-wheels-uss-vengeance.html
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat May 18, 2013 7:13 am

1:50 scale? That can't be right....the model would be a mile long! LOL. My big 3-foot Enterprise is 1:350 scale.

Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat May 18, 2013 5:58 pm

I'll probably only get the Excelsior.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 8:36 pm

I think I loved this movie more than the last.

Emotional. Thrilling. Epic.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:38 pm

This is pretty cool:

http://www.qmxonline.com/news/stid-history-of-starflight-models/

You can click on each one for more info.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Wow. Thanks for the share... love the NX Alpha design.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Great models! I wish they had kits of those ships!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Just saw it for the 3rd time.....and just as much fun!
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:54 pm

I really enjoyed this one. Almost as much fun as the first, despite the darker subject matter. 3D was put to good use. I would give it an 8 out of 10. Lots of great lines for each of the crew. And Uhura got to shine. Chekov I think did a great impression of Scotty, running around engineering and yelling at the captain. The only complaint I have is the not-at-all-subtle nods to another previous Trek movie. It got kind of tedious at the end. Like JJ was yelling "WINK, WINK" at the top of his lungs. OK, we get it. Still an outrageously fun story.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:48 am

Actually, for me, those reference to past movies are what I enjoyed most. And I like that Kirk and Spock switched places.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:30 am

Yeah, it was an interesting switch... but the scene to me was nowhere near as powerful as in TWOK.

Way shorter
Kirk was just kinda there to me, not really evoking any emotion
They already foreshadowed how they were gonna save him earlier in the film, so you couldn't get invested in it anyway as a true death scene.

The only ones that sold it for me were actually Scott and Uhura. Their reactions, esp after the 'death' and it cuts back to them... I thought they were they only ones really showing the sorrow.

Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Sooo, in other words, Chekov is now the new Wesley Crusher?

And references to past stuff are never subtle in reboots.
Not going to watch this one. ~Goes off to watch TMP~
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:13 pm

The Kre-O collection so far! I have a case of the individually packed Kreons coming tomorrow from BBTS! I am really liking these. I've managed to avoid buying LEGO and other brick sets as an adult. But I got hooked on these. I'm having a blast with them. I really like the light-up features. And they are nicely affordable compared to LEGO, even though LEGO will probably always be the best bricks around.

Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 8786174895_a3f3f50506_c

One of the ships there is a custom build I did of the cargo ship that Harrison and Spock fight on. It's the first time I've tried to look at something and turn it into brick form. Since I don't collect LEGO, I bought an Old Republic Star Wars fighter from LEGO to use for the pieces. So I had to really think it through as I was pretty limited on pieces. I was really happy with the way it turned out! Smile

Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 8786175613_8efc981ed6_c
Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 8796753550_e2c00d26fe_c
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:34 pm

That turned out great!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Nice job Jonwes!

I have used some of my lego(s) as display stands for the Corgi Liberator miniatures that didn't come with anything to set them on.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Thanks guys! It's fun to play with them. I used to build stuff all the time as a kid. It was fun to do it again.

This arrived today:
Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 8798105683_2ee3d9900d_z

I'm keeping most of the Gorn, an extra Klingon, an extra Keenser (just in case I have to custom him in a Starfleet uniform) and then one of each of the rest.

I have one question... where/when did Lt. Sprogg appear?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 5:33 am

Bridge officer
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:34 am

On the Enterprise? I know Grasia was on the Kelvin. It's just odd, because Sprog isn't in a uniform. At least not the standard Enterprise uniform.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:23 am

I'd love to see your Enterprise model with the lights on.
Any chance of a piccie?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:43 am

masterkhan wrote:
I'd love to see your Enterprise model with the lights on.
Any chance of a piccie?

I can try to - although this video review might show it off enough. It looks great with the lights on. They are very bright!

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 12:09 pm

jonwes wrote:
On the Enterprise? I know Grasia was on the Kelvin. It's just odd, because Sprog isn't in a uniform. At least not the standard Enterprise uniform.

You do mean the figure on the right, the alien? I am pretty sure he was on the bridge during the final battle. I will have to double check when I go back for the 4th time Monday.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 2:24 pm

This is Lt. Sprog:

Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 KRE-O-STAR-TREK-LIEUTENANT-SPROG-KREON-Figure.JPEG

The other one is Grasia, who I recognized.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:07 pm

OK, not the one I was thinking of then.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion   Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat May 25, 2013 12:23 pm

The Enterprise light-up features are pretty cool in this toy and the size makes you want to play with it, (which i sometimes do with my 22inch Eagle!)
Back to top Go down

Star Trek Into Darkness Discussion
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next