TinDogRory
DoctorOlly
Thete
Scary
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Rate S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler
Brilliant!
S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 Vote_lcap51%S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 51% [ 22 ]
Above Average
S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 Vote_lcap26%S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 11 ]
Okay
S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 Vote_lcap7%S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Bad
S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 4 ]
Atrocious!
S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 Vote_lcap7%S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Scary wrote:

Meh, what has age got to do with it?

Yeah, it such a packed episode. Focusing on the one little age thing is something so small...it means ignoring everything else.

And, don't worry workstinx, the pitchfork has been stored away for now Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Scary wrote:

Kinda helps if your looking to live longer? Smile
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:44 pm

workstinx wrote:
Scary wrote:

Kinda helps if your looking to live longer? Smile

Not if you're a super bionic Time Lord, in which case who cares? Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:46 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
And, don't worry workstinx, the pitchfork has been stored away for now Smile

Bless your cotton socks!! Smile

I was going to fly to a non extradition country & change my name to Eduardo Gillespie - dang it, I gave away my escape plan!!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Wouldn't it have been great if they had introduced Mels earlier? Like, in series 5, if she had a brief scene with Amelia...and we didn't even think much of her at the time/thought she was important at all?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:57 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
Wouldn't it have been great if they had introduced Mels earlier? Like, in series 5, if she had a brief scene with Amelia...and we didn't even think much of her at the time/thought she was important at all?

Would have been an even cooler surprise if that had been the case! Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 5:05 pm

Scary wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:

Would have been an even cooler surprise if that had been the case! Razz

Did feel that she was thrown into the story to move things along......would have been nice to see more of her to help the story flow easier.
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 5:28 pm

"Rory, take Hitler and put him in the cupboard"

LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 7:03 pm

They should title the episode "Let's Ignore Hitler" haha!

I LOVED the stuff with young Amelia, still my fave companion from nuwho.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 9:55 pm

SO F*CKING AWESOME! I love this half of the series already. Cannot wait until next week.

Now the Doctor knows he is going to die. We also learned its a fixed point in time. Oh Moffat, your an amazing writer but how are you going to write yourself out of this one?

Edit:

Does anyone know if the new coat will be back in next weeks episode seeing as he ended this one with the jacket?

Last edited by Rocco on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Osbourne
Osbourne

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 9:57 pm

I like it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.impulsecreations.net
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 10:09 pm

OKAY...

WOW.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 10:26 pm

workstinx wrote:
I was under the impression the the idea of regenerating was to become younger & healthier & to live longer. There was one h3ll of an age leap between Mel & River. Seemed to be crow barred in to fit in with the storyline. Again, this is only my opinion guys. Put the pitch forks & flaming torches away for now?! Smile

The idea of regenerating is to recreate every cell in your body so that you can live. You can become anything which the Doctor has said before. Which is why after every regeneration he checks himself. Whether its 2 legs or eyes or hair or arms. He could Regenerate into a Dog for all we know.

A dog flying the TARDIS Laughing Razz

DacaZ wrote:
"Rory, take Hitler and put him in the cupboard"

LOL

Loved the entire sequence

"Shut up hitler"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 10:47 pm

I found the episode very enjoyable, loved the twist of melody regenerating into river... Was Hitler needed in this... I don't think so... more of a filler.

Very good start to the 2nd part of this series. I cant wait for SM to get away from story arc and get back to more regular episodes.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:15 pm

Well, that was, FUN!!! A fun episode, questions answered, Rory being great, "River" being a bad a$$, and a few "guest" companions i did not expect. I hope the rest of the series lives up to this start!
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Meh, I thought the episode was pretty weak. HATED Mel, and that she seemingly came out of nowhere made her even more unbearable... and then she regenerated into River and was equally hateful, prompting me to declare that River had officially jumped the shark (and I'm one of the few who loved her prior to this). Then blah blah, a whole lot of nothing, wasted historical setting and nifty ideas with the timecops followed by an abrupt yet totally predictable return to the status quo.

I'd have rated it okay if not for how much I couldn't stand Mel/River, though -- kinda ruined the character for me! Between this episode and the horrible hair on the new figures, I'd say someone behind the scenes doesn't like Alex Kingston very much. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:37 pm

The title is just semantics. Its there to draw you in and get people talking. What they going call it A River Starts to Flow? What a horrid title, never speak of it again. In the end what a great episode and can't wait to see more. Nice after a summer hiatus. I like his new coat too. I wonder if it will be a permanent thing?
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:53 pm

Wes Crayon wrote:
Meh, I thought the episode was pretty weak. HATED Mel, and that she seemingly came out of nowhere made her even more unbearable... and then she regenerated into River and was equally hateful, prompting me to declare that River had officially jumped the shark (and I'm one of the few who loved her prior to this). Then blah blah, a whole lot of nothing, wasted historical setting and nifty ideas with the timecops followed by an abrupt yet totally predictable return to the status quo.

I'd have rated it okay if not for how much I couldn't stand Mel/River, though -- kinda ruined the character for me! Between this episode and the horrible hair on the new figures, I'd say someone behind the scenes doesn't like Alex Kingston very much. Razz

You must be the hardest person on earth to please.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:38 am

Super funny. Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:03 am

well folks, it's 2 a.m. here, and i'm going to bed soon. just wanted to post, that i will write a lengthy review of this episode soon (spoilers galore). i hated it. if you want to know more, read my post. if you disagree, feel free. different strokes for different folks.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:06 am

spacetimegeek wrote:
The title is just semantics. Its there to draw you in and get people talking. What they going call it A River Starts to Flow? What a horrid title, never speak of it again. In the end what a great episode and can't wait to see more. Nice after a summer hiatus. I like his new coat too. I wonder if it will be a permanent thing?

Well, if Hitler hadn't been in it,we would never have gotten to see Rory punch him and put him it the closet!
And also, the justice people consider River to be a bigger criminal than Hitler......that says a lot about her crime.
And Hitler is one of those time-travel question that always gets asked, if you could travel thru time, would you kill Hitler as a child, preventing the Holocaust?
But, yes, the title was basically for shock and curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:31 am

I just noticed the cat nurse at the hospital room!! Cool touch.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:11 am

Finally we get some answers! Really did enjoy this episode although there are still more questions to be resolved. Mels totally took me by surprise and the funny thing was that I didn't like her when she joined the TARDIS crew. My first reaction was why are we adding another character to the mix? I found her to be a bit overbearing (like the Jackie kind) too. Boy, was I (pleasantly) surprised when she regenerated into an evil "River".

Speaking of evil, based on the advertisement for the second part of season six I have been thinking that River and Madame Kovarian are one of the same. River sports an eyepatch too at some point. In another thread on here it's questioned how did River go from being in the 1960s to the time period where she meets Amy and Rory. Like in the other thread I brought up this weird idea which I'll put here too - what if Amy didn't have one child but she had twins? River and Kovarian?

I know I'm probably grasping at straws. Laughing

Back to top Go down
denali76c
denali76c

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:37 am

the hurricane interrupted my viewing 3 times. it was all live action and then irene hit and i lost my signal and when i got it back it was a cartoon..then i lost it again and when i got it back it was live action again strange. i was slightly disappointed...i guess the quest to save baby melody is over.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 am

There's a bit of negativity from people on this episode, but looking at that poll, I am glad that for the most part people loved this episode. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next