TinDogRory
DoctorOlly
Thete
Scary
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Rate S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler
Brilliant!
S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 Vote_lcap51%S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 51% [ 22 ]
Above Average
S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 Vote_lcap26%S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 11 ]
Okay
S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 Vote_lcap7%S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Bad
S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 Vote_lcap9%S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 4 ]
Atrocious!
S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 Vote_lcap7%S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:47 am

Rocco wrote:

Does anyone know if the new coat will be back in next weeks episode seeing as he ended this one with the jacket?

Well it's been seen in filming for the final two episodes, so I assume so. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:53 am

Scary wrote:
Rocco wrote:

Does anyone know if the new coat will be back in next weeks episode seeing as he ended this one with the jacket?

Well it's been seen in filming for the final two episodes, so I assume so. Smile

Nice (: I love it

Scary wrote:
There's a bit of negativity from people on this episode, but looking at that poll, I am glad that for the most part people loved this episode. Very Happy

I feel like the people who posted and said they didn't like it are just the people who have been hating on Moffat all season.
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Scary wrote:
Rocco wrote:

More importantly, when is the figure of him in it coming? Very Happy

I think he looks wicked cool in it and I hope it becomes a regular part of his ensemble like 10's brown trench coat !
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:23 pm

I loved the episode. It was a fun, action-filled romp that answered many questions about River Song and, in fact, narrowed down many of the remaining questions. Who did she kill? If she wasn't the one in the space suit, who was it? And if she was the one, why?

And as I brought up in the thread I created last night, there's a big time gap between the little girl regenerating in New York to Mels growing up with Amy and Rory in Leadworth. If she traveled through time and space, how did it happen?

Bring on the remaining five episodes, Doctor Who is back!
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:26 pm

so i wanted to say that i loved this episode in every respect but one, i thought it was a little odd that they had to say river used all of her remaining regenerations to save the doctor. i was hoping that they would just pretend that time lords didn't have a limit and avoid this subject since the doctor is so close to the established regeneration in which he should be ending soon. maybe their gonna deal with this and thats part of the reason its in the episode but i think it was mainly for dramatic effect. this to me is just silly since we know how river song dies, and we know from that same episode that it is a strong enough threat to kill the doctor himself. but other than that i thought it was a brilliant episode. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Clavius wrote:
Scary wrote:
Rocco wrote:

More importantly, when is the figure of him in it coming? Very Happy

I think he looks wicked cool in it and I hope it becomes a regular part of his ensemble like 10's brown trench coat !

Agreed with everything you said Clavius.

I enjoyed the episode quite a bit actually. Haven't said that in awhile...
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:27 pm

When I heard Amy and Rory's friend was named Mels, I thought, "Oh, it's River Song's namesake!"

And yeah, when I saw the car in the field, I thought, "That seems like something River would do. It's River! No, it's probably Mels..."

Dang...
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:42 pm

hitman hart wrote:
so i wanted to say that i loved this episode in every respect but one, i thought it was a little odd that they had to say river used all of her remaining regenerations to save the doctor. i was hoping that they would just pretend that time lords didn't have a limit and avoid this subject since the doctor is so close to the established regeneration in which he should be ending soon. maybe their gonna deal with this and thats part of the reason its in the episode but i think it was mainly for dramatic effect. this to me is just silly since we know how river song dies, and we know from that same episode that it is a strong enough threat to kill the doctor himself. but other than that i thought it was a brilliant episode. Very Happy

I'm thinking because of what River did for the Doctor that now the regeneration limit will no longer apply to him physically. IMO this will only add to the suspense of regenerations that take place after his last incarnation. Now we will indeed not know for sure whether the Doctor lives on for another day or not depending on what catastrophe befalls him.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 5:40 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
When I heard Amy and Rory's friend was named Mels, I thought, "Oh, it's River Song's namesake!"

And yeah, when I saw the car in the field, I thought, "That seems like something River would do. It's River! No, it's probably Mels..."

Dang...

I was actually expecting River Song to get out of that car, I knew she was in this episode at some point. Then Mels got out and i was like "Oh, okay" not knowing that Mels IS Melody whom IS River... So I guess I was right in the first place. Razz
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 6:50 pm

I thought it was brilliant! Bits were a little predictable, but I love the simple fact the title was a MASSIVE red herring. Admit it, we were all expecting Hitler to play a much bigger role in this episode, but he spends most of it locked up in a cupboard.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:28 pm

CGren123 wrote:
Admit it, we were all expecting Hitler to play a much bigger role in this episode, but he spends most of it locked up in a cupboard.

Where he belongs, if you ask me! It's an eye sore to see his filthy face anyway, even if it is just an actor...
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Scary wrote:
I... can't explain. I'm hyper inside, like really "lgawjkfgwgfwegffewhjvl WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" hyper but I'm so hyper that I don't have the energy to be hyper... This was.... amazing. The best, the absolute best.

Questions are beginning to be answered at long last, River is awesome, and to find that she was Mels was a genuine shock and a very big surprise.

Rory was beyond awesome... The scene where Amy asks if he's gay - oh my - never mind the Doctor dying, I think I had a cardiac arrest there and then in uncontrollable laughter. So many great one-liners in this episode from everyone. Too many to quote.

I... really just cannot explain how I'm feeling. I'm so overwhelmed that I think I need a kip. Just, wow.

My sentiments exactly. Terrific episode. I liked River before... but no where near how much I do now cheers

Back to top Go down
jean

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:23 pm

I am confused as to why the Doctor did not just regenerate when River poisoned him. I get they do not want to change characters and no handy biological 'hand' lying around to put the extra matter as in "Parting of Way" I think was the episode.Also, River had told Rory that she was a little girl when she met the Doctor but she looked pretty grown up as Mels. I did enjoy the episode very much.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:25 pm

jean wrote:
I am confused as to why the Doctor did not just regenerate when River poisoned him. I get they do not want to change characters and no handy biological 'hand' lying around to put the extra matter as in "Parting of Way" I think was the episode.Also, River had told Rory that she was a little girl when she met the Doctor but she looked pretty grown up as Mels. I did enjoy the episode very much.

I do believe the Poison was so strong he wouldn't of been able to. Thats why when hes in the TARDIS he says he has to regenerate and the voice thing said he couldn't. Its been said before the Doctor cannot always escape death.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:26 pm

An interesting episode. Liked the info dump on the Silence, and the rest of the episode had a positively Classic feel to it, like something from Tom Baker's run.

A bit of a silly wrap up, but it also is a nice call back to A Christmas Invasion in regards to Time Lords and Regenerations.
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:29 pm

So be honest who went out in the hurricane aftermath looking for that Coat. I like it!!!!!!!

I think the intro when Mels is always walking out of the principals office or Jail was funny as Heck and Amy is there for support outside.

And they booth totally picked on Rory!!!!!

They blind folded him in the school yard and left him wandering lol

Steven M you have a flair for Rory bashing lol
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:45 pm

jean wrote:

The TARDIS Voice Interface (Amelia Pond) said, when the Doctor asked her if he could just regenerate, "Regeneration Disabled. You will die in 32 minutes." I assume this meant that the poison was so strong and severe that it over powered the Doctor's regeneration system and thus couldn't work, otherwise I guess he would have regenerated as soon as the poison hit his system properly.

As for that scene with the hand in the jar, that was from "Journey's End," the series 4 finale. "Parting of the Ways," was the series 1 finale. Wink
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:52 pm

So are the tiny shrunken time police Captain jacks old outfit Time agents or are these
Time agents borrowed from Star Trek Deep space 9 lol

I have to add the level of comedy in this episode was a nice touch to a serious subject.

Now you all know how this works

In the waters of mars episode he changed 3 fixed points in time -Deaths of the mars station people -and did it cause he was mad at the universe so....... I think Mel aka River is gonna take out all the Silence order

They should dress them all in Red Star Fleet security shirts!!!! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWogTTQJRmE
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Rocco wrote:
I feel like the people who posted and said they didn't like it are just the people who have been hating on Moffat all season.

I voted that this episode was bad (well not bad, but one notch below average) and I don't hate Moffat. But all this River and Melody stuff just hasn't done it for me. And where on earth did Mels come from? Did I miss several episodes along the way? Don't think so, just seems to have been stuffed into the episode to re-introduce River.

Not a Moffat hater and I think Matt Smith is a good actor for the Doctor. Just all this River stuff is starting to get old for me. What this series really needs right now is a good "base under siege" story. And far fewer spitfires in space.
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Well if your all lost with mels, how did Danny Boys Airplanes get to Demons run????????
I know that bracewell retrofitted them but not for deep space.

I still think the funniest part was how the 2 girls growing up abused Rory and mels was always mouthing off to authority figures about the Raggedy Doc.

The Coolest thing of the entire show which i think we will see again is the morphing Time
Robot/ship. We all have been saying the doctor that dies on the beach could be a flesh avatar but they turn to white goo when they die, This robot could be the answer ????
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:19 pm

rmlextreme wrote:
Well if your all lost with mels, how did Danny Boys Airplanes get to Demons run????????

Also, there's the fact the Doctor had them dismantled to stop Churchill from using them to win the War early.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:26 pm

CGren123 wrote:
rmlextreme wrote:

Also, there's the fact the Doctor had them dismantled to stop Churchill from using them to win the War early.

This is Moffat! He makes it up as he goes along & does whatever he likes....He is the boss!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 3:14 pm

workstinx wrote:
CGren123 wrote:
rmlextreme wrote:

This is Moffat! He makes it up as he goes along & does whatever he likes....He is the boss!

"It's Magic! We don't have to explain it!' ~ Joe Quesada, explaining how 20+ years of Spider-Man being married to Mary Jane can be wiped out in a mini-series.

But yeah, Danny Boy's appearance was absolutely baffling and rather stupid to boot. Which describes A Good Man Goes To War really. Absolutely baffling and rather stupid. Fits this episode too, now that I think about it. But I still enjoy them. Sometimes, Stupid is good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Rust wrote:

But yeah, Danny Boy's appearance was absolutely baffling and rather stupid to boot.

It was the only part of the episode I absolutely hated. The rest of it, I loved. Just wish that childish bit wasn't in there. It's perfect without it.
Back to top Go down

S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next