SeaDevil
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor   Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor EmptySun May 08, 2022 12:29 pm

Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor Image
The BBC has named Ncuti Gatwa as the Fourteenth Fifteenth Doctor, taking over from Jodie Whittaker at the end of the Autumn 2022 episode.

The 29-year-old actor will be the first non-white performer to take the lead role in the series's 59-year history.

Gatwa is best known for his award-winning performance as Eric Effiong on the Netflix comedy-drama series Sex Education.

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2022/05/ncuti_gatwa_is_the_fourteenth_doctor.html

Last edited by SeaDevil on Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:18 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : had to renumber that Doctor!!)
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor   Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor EmptySun May 08, 2022 1:21 pm

"Still not ginger."  I cannot believe no one has repeated that line yet. I wonder if he will say it when he regenerates?
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor   Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor EmptyTue May 17, 2022 8:04 am

More Dr Who News

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2022/05/tennant_and_tate_are_back.html
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor   Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor EmptySat May 21, 2022 11:22 pm

Hopefully the show improves, I skipped the Jodie era all together and was hopeful 14 would be a course correction… the initial casting and the news of the return of The show runner who brought us The 9th and 10th Doctors was exciting, but now with the news of the main actors former role and the companion announcement of a Transgender companion the show seems to cement itself as a LGBTQ+ Woke flagship… and while i was a huge fan of Orphan Black, I can’t help wondering if the show is going to emphasize more on social and political goals of one specific Party rather than entertainment and overall story of a madman in a box traveling through time righting wrongs and having a grand old adventurous time with companions and friends… I don’t see the viewing numbers getting back to where they were under 10 & 11 if the show is preachy and that doesn’t bode well for the future of the franchise despite goal oriented intentions.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor   Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor EmptySat May 28, 2022 11:22 pm

My quick thoughts on the new Doc.

I don’t care that’s he’s black
I don’t care that the actor is gay.
I don’t care if he has a trans companion.

My only concerns

The quality of the stories and writing.
A respect for the last 60 years of Dr Who.
How “woke” and agenda driven they get.

Also

I want Galifrey and the Time Lords to return.

And I’m going to need Ncuti Gatwa to keep a mustache
while portraying the Doctor cuz he looks horrible without it.

Let’s pray for good things ahead cuz imo after the last 5
years things can only get better post Jodie.

Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor E02-C1-D2-B-A8-A0-4-BBA-8-DB7-E7-D1-D9-D1-B18-A
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor   Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor EmptyMon May 30, 2022 3:09 am

Brain of Davros wrote:

Let’s pray for good things ahead cuz imo after the last 5
years things can only get better post Jodie.

That's what I said about Moffat.

Things can always get worse. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor   Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 10:53 pm

So I remember waaaaaay back in the day when certain Doctor who sites had 400 to 500 fan posts on just about every piece of news… one site in particular has after 2 months only 20 posts in regards to the new Doctor, 10 posts for the incoming companion, and 4 posts for what would otherwise be a Big Name guest of sorts… I don’t think after what’s occurred over the last 5-7 years that anyone will cancel this show, even though the likely actual number of “Doctor Who fan” viewers worldwide is probably in the hundreds rather than the claimed Millions we see in some articles…I believe that 90% of current viewers are a separate viewership that had not been there pre season 9. It pains me to see one if not the most primary of my favorite childhood shows go from what it was in the 60’s-90’s (as well as the delight of nuwho docs 9-11) morph into what it is today:( no doubt that the train has derailed and fell on its side but somehow a handful of powerful Individuals have insured that the bellows will NEVER run out of coal despite the train having no destination or purpose. During the Tennant and the Smith eras I recall people of all Ages randomly bringing up the show in conversation both at my place of work as well as extended family, now I can honestly say that I know of NO ONE outside of a forum that has interest in this program and the only thing I do hear in regards to it is ridicule and teasing in the worst possible way. I use to fear a return to the wilderness years but strangely I now long for it as opposed to the paraded Husk from once all that was now has fled.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor   Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor EmptyWed Oct 26, 2022 5:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Ncuti Gatwa is the 15th Doctor
Page 1 of 1