CJSchmidt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

New Doctor Who on PBS in US! Empty
PostSubject: New Doctor Who on PBS in US!   New Doctor Who on PBS in US! EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 10:33 am

Looks like many of the big Who PBS stations in the US will begin broadcasting season 1 of the new series as early as next month.

See if your local PBS is on board here. http://www.gallifreyone.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?id=EEZkpkEpZydnuXDUfp&tmpl=newsrss If they aren't on the list, call and complain. Smile

Sat nights in Iowa:
11:00 - New series
11:35 - Doctor Who Confidential
12:00 - Classic Doctor Who (Baker)
Also 6:00 on Sundays (prime time!)

Great news all around!
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who on PBS in US!   New Doctor Who on PBS in US! EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 7:12 pm

They cut the episides down to 35 minutes?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
englishrose
englishrose

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who on PBS in US!   New Doctor Who on PBS in US! EmptyFri Mar 16, 2007 12:46 am

It is extremely heartening to see a resurgence amongst PBS stations in the U.S. for "Doctor Who."
From an abysmal low of just three stations before the revival to now at least three dozen and perhaps more.
The saga of Rose tyler is a wonderful way to revive interest in the series and to welcome new fans into the fold.
It may also bring a sense of street cred to the original series.
Back to top Go down
rsnation

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who on PBS in US!   New Doctor Who on PBS in US! EmptyFri Mar 16, 2007 2:50 pm

I contacted my local PBS station to see if they had any plans to air it. After watching Season 1 and 2 on Scifi, Season 1 on BBC America, and owning both, it's not exactly like I need to see it on PBS, I just thought the more noise they heard the more likely they might be to pick it up so other people can get hooked. I'm in the Boston area and was surprised that they have no plans to show it here, at least not yet (though NH PBS is carrying it).
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who on PBS in US!   New Doctor Who on PBS in US! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 6:46 am

I too am in the Boston area which is supposedly where the HQ for PBS are in Brighton.

I can't believe they aren't on board for this yet?

Who was a staple here for years.

I always wanted one of those dissappearing Tardis Mugs when they had those fund drives every year.

I heard that the new PBS station offices on Market street in Brighton are going to have a giant LCD screen on the side of the building that is visible from the Mass Pike east bound.So if they do pick up Dr Who,everyone coming into the city of Boston will be able to see it!
Back to top Go down
rsnation

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who on PBS in US!   New Doctor Who on PBS in US! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 9:10 am

I actually lived within walking distance of PBS for many, many years. They had banners of all their kids shows hanging along the street. Now I believe Harvard has eaten the whole area alive.

Anyway, when I contacted them I got a polite response making reference to the old series. So, because I obviously have WAY too much time on my hands, I wrote once again, letting them know I was talking about the new series. I still find it hard to believe they're not on board.

I always wanted a Tardis mug too! Don't even get me started on the exact replica of Tom Baker's scarf...
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who on PBS in US!   New Doctor Who on PBS in US! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 12:35 pm

The PBS station in Orlando actually came to my club (The Guardians of Gallifrey) some years ago, and said that we would have to donate money for them to "consider" bringing the show back!

This is the main reason why I am against PBS from showing Dr Who, but maybe it's only for this particular one? I don't know, but it ticked me off for them to ask!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who on PBS in US!   New Doctor Who on PBS in US! EmptyThu Mar 22, 2007 12:23 pm

i like the baker doctor better...
Back to top Go down
measkren
measkren

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who on PBS in US!   New Doctor Who on PBS in US! EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 4:16 pm

We are now up to "Dalek" in southern CA. I'm growing a bit bored, though, with Chris Eccleston. Sad Give me David Tennant any day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://home.pacbell.net/measkren/
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who on PBS in US!   New Doctor Who on PBS in US! EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 10:58 pm

GPB (Georgia Public Broadcasting) just aired Rose last Sunday at 7pm. Also, to fill up the last 15 min, a condensed version of Confidential (as I've been told; I haven't watched it in a long while).
Back to top Go down

New Doctor Who on PBS in US!
Page 1 of 1